It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stourbridge game
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:05 pm 

Well what a finish that was lads never stopped running despite playing 3 games a week for last month, was a tight game really, they sneaked in front from a corner and it looked like that was that until the first pen, explosive last 5 mins or so, another memorable moment in a memorable season what a run from moon head before been hacked down, 2ND pen a stone waller, got to say am not sure about the 1st but the lino was up with play and gave it, and to be fair we have waited until the 89th min of the 23rd home game before we get a decision in our favour,

Just hope hinsley and JC are OK for Tues, we can afford to rest them Saturday,

Also big well done to the lads for securing 7th place fantastic unbelievable achievement from Karl and the lads great season it's been and hopefully a cup win to come too

Post subject: Re: Stourbridge game
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:59 pm 

what a last 10 minutes from tom davie ?? he was awesome and never stopped. another brilliant result in our amazing season. hats off to all concerned at the club.

liner gave the foul not knowing it was in the box for the first, second was just a rash challenge. i'll take my rose tinted off after the cup game lol

but again a mahooooooooooooosive well done to karl, strats ( take another bow 8) ) and all the team for your efforts this season, magnificent in the majority :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:15 am 

Well done Blues, 100% effort and rewarded with a smash and grab last 5 minutes. As I said before I've run out of superlatives this season, well done to everybody at the club. Good solid side Stourbridge and I'm sure they will roll over Salford on Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:09 am 

I think that performance is a decent summation of our season - we never give in. I'll be honest with 10 minutes left I walked round to the tunnel to clap them off, thinking that the game was just one game too many but what a season we've had. Gets to the tunnel, first penner (maybe dubious but it's probs the first one that's gone for us all season), then Davie goes on 'that run' - let's be honest, if anyone had got in his way they'd be picking the bits up off the A1 now. Davie jumps up to take it - his mam & dad are telling him to keep away from it - he ignores them, game over.

Luke was in the bar after the game - his assessment of his injury "I'll have a sleep & it'll be reight"

Grayson could make the bench Tuesday too

Stourbridge played some decent football but their superstar striker Hawley didn't get a sniff until JC went off. Thought the combo of Jammer, JC & Bailey were spot on again & Armstrong put in another midfield destroyer shift.

I haven't really got time for fans having a go at the ref in the bar - no wonder so few of them come in. Rollock them during the game & coming off the pitch (& on social media later if you want to) but put it to bed when they come in for a jar. 1 Stourbridge fan & 1 member of their management team crossed the line last night - bad show

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:15 am 

I wonder if the young lads Rose, Wood & Stratford will get a full game on Saturday - got to look to the future

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:40 am 

well that was a battle of stamina, both sides cancelling each other out, would have took a draw when we equalised as i thought it would have been a fair result for both sides, but something i learned last night was, that this crop of players have a never say die attitude and an incredible will to win, the spirit in the dressing room must be sky high, with such a thin squad and all the games played recently it would not be surprising for some players to hide, knowing they are more than likely to be starting the next game, but no, once again every player played as if its the last of their career and wanting to go out on a high, well done to all of them and the coaching staff, i have criticised rosey on here before, but take my hat of to them this season, since xmas the turnaround has been superb.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:43 am 

Mini Maureenio wrote:

I haven't really got time for fans having a go at the ref in the bar - no wonder so few of them come in. Rollock them during the game & coming off the pitch (& on social media later if you want to) but put it to bed when they come in for a jar. 1 Stourbridge fan & 1 member of their management team crossed the line last night - bad show

My guess is that it was the where's wolly look a like who kicked off ???

Can understand there reaction as it could cost them a lot however the manager was close to crossing the line in the entrance up the tunnel gun fingers in the lino's face grabbing his shoulder, thought he was going to leather him lino was only a little fella thankfully he was pulled away,

And no point having a go in the bar after only gets you in bother, not that I ever say anything negative about referees :)