It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Darlington game
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:13 pm 

Can't add anything else to what as been said. A massive well done to the boys last night. Was a great overall performance and i'm proud of each and everyone of you. Let's just hope we can finish the season off in style now. By looking at the league table, we have a fantastic chance of finishing up to 7th place.

Up the Frickley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:02 pm 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFWrVTbxffU

In case you want to watch it all again!

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:58 am 

just read the posts on their forum, some were pretty fair others were tinted.

first half they should have been 2 or 3 up, but great defending and outstanding goalkeeping kept them down to 1. couldn't believe co-ck by name co-ck by nature disallowed a good goal claiming handball when it came off his chest. this was the same ref that turned us out against them in the cup game, allowing a goal after the lino flagged for an infringement. to say we were a long ball team is a joke, cant remember many times they played the ball out of their own half, oh wait, yes i can, never !!! they need to play for nasa, all they do is launch things.

2nd half, well where do we start ? first 5 minutes they were back at it and could have scored another. then the tyler turned up with a stonker to deflate there ego faster than popping a balloon. 400-500 fans dropped silent having witnessed a great strike. darlington after the 53rd minute were dead and buried. a short while later, that man davie with another good header put them to bed really, and 10 minutes later hazel tucked them up and gave them the goodnight kiss.

darlington are a dangerous side, but vunerable at the back with committing too many up front for my liking.

the lads were exceptional last night. seb was man of the match in my book, but the defence got away with a few and dealt with all they threw at us. midfield we controlled as they just hit the corners for the runners, eventually the forwards got the better of slack defending and killed them off. a brilliant display under lots of pressure defensively and to go on to win was one of the best games i've seen this season.

well done to karl and all the players for taking part in a most memorable game. well done guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:43 am 

Another post from the Darlington Forum:

Thought that Frickley were very welcoming and the catering was probably the best I have had at a ground for a long time.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY