It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Buxton.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:32 am 

Well, what a great performance that was, even if it was against 10 men. The game had everything really, quick goal, red card, saved penalty and lots of goals. No one had a bad game at all in my opinion. But instead there were a lot of superb performances, especially in midfield and the defence were great too, even without the missing Jammer. But what can you say about Wally up front? What a class player he is at this level, and what a shame it would be when his loan deal runs out.

Well done Frickley, let's keep this run going.

Up the Blues. :D

Post subject: Re: Buxton.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:34 am 

Agree with everything you say there Dove - great performance on a sticky pitch. Could really have been 4 by half time, Seb nothing to do.
A word on the referee - didn't do badly, got the red card right, the boys did great to control themselves rest of the game, first dodgy tackle would have been red.. I was hardly surprised when he turned down a nailed on penalty to the blues but gave one to Buxton. Great display by all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:44 am 

well that was a long time coming, can anyone remember the last time we scored 5 or more at home in the league, i couldnt and had to check it out, seems it was 6-2 over bradford PA in 2006, think the scoreline flattered us a bit but i will take that after some of the beatings we have had from them, everyone stood up again to be counted and we are playing with confidence and belief, as said before what a class act wally is at our level his first goal was a cracker, thought buxton always looked dangerous with their pace out wide, but a poor keeper they have, should have also had a penner 2nd half when tyler bundled over, ref gave some strange decisions(it is a contact sport aint it) MOM for me, luke hinsley. special mention to 2 unsung heroes both playing out of position, macca and tom davie who both had excellent games.
dare we whisper it, 7 points off the play offs, a good run and this could be a possibility(if only we could keep wally) take this sort of workrate and confidence into saturday and another 3 points please blues.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:07 am 

Agree with all the above - an excellent team performance & each player was at least an 8/10. You could just list every one that played but the standouts for me were Macca & Cyrus together (who looked liked they played at centre half for about a year), Davie, Akeroyd was quality, Wally (clearly) & Tyler just haunted their defence - apparently they had to untangle the 2s legs when he got subbed.

B*ll end of the night has to go to their number 6 - just what he thought he was doing laying into Sam when he was on the floor is beyond me. Not sure why the ref faffed about for so long getting the card out, sure have just pulled the red out straight away

5 quality goals too - Wallys first was worth the money on it's own.

The Barnsley management team were there last night - looking at the Buxton keeper as he is the Tykes under 18 keeper (or so I was lead to believe). The main thing that they will have found out is that he is good at picking the ball out of the back of the net & he can't kick!

Allez les Bleus!

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:30 am 

quote][/quote] Wallys first was worth the money on it's own

Class goal - bit like Vardys last week. Hope theres more to come.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:39 pm 

For supporters, in 1993/4 we beat Chorley 5-0 at home. scorers were Henry Templeton, Ian Thompson, Andy Hayward 2 and Neil Lacey. That was in the Billy Whitehurst era. A long time ago but it was in the NPL. Thought it may bring back a few memories.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:51 pm 

An extract from the Buxton forum (with spelling corrected!):

Frickleys number 4 hinsley ran the show and is one of the best mid fielders in the league in my opinion would do well to bring a player like him in .

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:54 pm 

Couldn't make it last night sounds like I missed a treat, great result and from all accounts a great performance well done blues, if we can get good results in next 2, Stamford away and skem at home no doubt we will be right in there in the mix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:58 pm 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
An extract from the Buxton forum (with spelling corrected!):

Frickleys number 4 hinsley ran the show and is one of the best mid fielders in the league in my opinion would do well to bring a player like him in .

Most improved player this year by far, maturing and getting better every week, got to say I critisied Karl for playing him CM early in the season but it's proved to be a masterstroke, only thing holding him back slightly is his ball retention but it's improving and it's in there, arguably player of the year so far,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:18 pm 

He is the Claude Makalele of Frickley in my opinion - breaks down opposition attacks, wins the ball, gets rid - doesn't get to do the glamour stuff like Haze or Tyler or Wals, but is equally important in my book.

We needed you there last night Dings - they were a couple of wind ups short of being down to 8 or 9 men. Plus you would have had the pleasure of seeing a man with his legs in knots, their right back

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 pm 

Tyler left their no 2 standing or appeared to be on many occasions last night. He then went on to put across the most difficult crosses to defend, where the ball is hammered about a foot high across the box, they only need a touch from attacker of defender running back. Blues played as a team and to be fair Buxton upped their game when down to 10 men but were lucky to get away with a few fouls which could have been yellow cards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:33 pm 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
He is the Claude Makalele of Frickley in my opinion - breaks down opposition attacks, wins the ball, gets rid - doesn't get to do the glamour stuff like Haze or Tyler or Wals, but is equally important in my book.

We needed you there last night Dings - they were a couple of wind ups short of being down to 8 or 9 men. Plus you would have had the pleasure of seeing a man with his legs in knots, their right back

Agree 100% massively important to us,

Went to pick a car up at 6 que 3 hours of what can only be described as fancying about resulting in me missing a fine performance, I will be there Saturday hopefully

Oh and what a boost to see Lenny back, never have thought it a million years :D