It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Emley Game
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:46 pm 

expecting a few changes tonight, think we will see Grant Ryan, Macca, possibly Woody, i might be wrong (usually am) but am expecting a tough game wasn't easy at there place last year que us winning 6-0 :D :D

hopefully wind will settle down as it will spoil it otherwise

lets hope we can carry on the run and book a semi-final place

anyone wanting any pre-match entertainment look on the main forum i have reeled in a few Darlo fans re the points deduction they avoided and the fact they hate been labelled a new club, think i will keep my tin hat i bought for Salford for the home game with them :D :D

Post subject: Re: Emley Game
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:54 am 

Cant argue with a 4-1 win, made hard work of it until the 3rd goal really after that they where spent and it could have been anything, poor first half maybe a little complacent but credit to the boys 2nd half we did the business after a half time word from Karl, job done semi final time. Emley hard working tried to play credit to them, ref let them get away with a lot of niggly fouls to break up play, but in all honesty even in the first half when we where off colour they hardly threatened and without the penalty wouldn't have scored if they were still playing now, shows the gap in the standard between NPL and NCEL really the fact that Flynn has got 50 + goals but had about 4 kicks last night.

Thought Woody put a good shift in and Hinsley kept us going, Wally a class above when he came on, a proper fox in the box, goal a game man, i would sell my Nanan to keep him till the end of the season, anyone know when the Semi's are? and who else might be in them?

See Shaw Lane Water logged force was off again last night, think there still in it, would fancy them at home

on to Saturday a bigger test will need to be on it from min 1, come on blues

p.s anyone see one of there coaches loose it in the tunnel at the end, throwing V-Signs and swearing, god knows why, one of the funniest moments of the season

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:46 am 

Other quarter finals are played early March:
Maltby v Shaw Lane
Houghton Main v Hallam
Handsworth v Worksop

No dates have been set for semis but likely to be end of March/early April.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 am 

StevePennock wrote:
Other quarter finals are played early March:
Maltby v Shaw Lane
Houghton Main v Hallam
Handsworth v Worksop

No dates have been set for semis but likely to be end of March/early April.

cheers Steve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:15 am 

First half was like a training session for us & to be honest if we had scored a couple first half we could have carried on in that vein. Certainly went up a gear 2nd half - echo what Dinger said regarding Woody. He doesn't get a lot of love on here but he put a tidy shift in 2nd half. Hinsley huge again, Akeroyd best game in a blue shirt, Walshaw head & shoulders above anything they had to offer. Seb went straight out clubbing in his clean shirt.

Ash Flynn can only score against what is put in front of him - NCEL defenders are clearly a long way short of our standard. The only meaningful touch he had was to take a penalty - other than that he may as well have come & stood with us.

& that nutjob of theirs at the end - the bloke needs to find a different hobby. Apparently one of our Ultras said to him "if you want to see what the cup looks like, go on the internet" which I think is quite funny. For him to walk up the tunnel, breathing flames, calling everyone scum & flicking V's was a little bit of an over-reaction in my opinion, but they're a funny lot from Emley, think they get affected by the infrared from the telly mast.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:14 pm 

Emley makes Denby Dale look like its a jumping big city. Probably the village idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:57 pm 

Heard a couple of Emley supporters after the game saying " couldn't watch that long ball stuff every week". Odd that, because Tyler flew past their full backs with ease, we played some short passes frequently to get into their box. End of day the score 4-1 and but for a couple of very good saves from their keeper may have been more. Thought Akeroyd got through a lot of work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:58 pm 

always satisfying to beat them, but the performance was good from start to finish, looked like we were up for it against a stubborn emley side but lacked quality in front of goal in the first half, their centre backs dealt easily with our 2 ncel strikers, until things were changed in the 2nd half, they couldn't cope with tylers pace all night, back 4 was outstanding we never looked like conceding from open play and hinsley and akeroyd in the middle were terrific, nice to be the first into the hat for the semis, this is where it might get tough for us dependant on the draw,keep this run going blues, playing good stuff and confidence sky high.