It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Reasons for current Positivity and improvement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:23 pm 

The mood around the place at the moment is really positive, sitting pretty 11th in the league 41 pts from 21 games and so far a massive improvement from last season and indeed the previous 2 under Karl (not taking anything away from the achievement of staying in this league against the odds in those years) some would say a complete turn around, especially the away form which much be among the top 5 or 6 in the league only 3 defeats and 21 pts gained

interested to see what do the fans think this is mainly down too?

- Has the budget massively changed? i would think not maybe a small increase but still amongst the bottom 5 or 6 sides easily? has this allowed Karl to bring in better players? Has the Reece Thompson money made an impact in this area?
- Have players from last year been improved by the coaching staff i.e Hinsley/Macca/Ible/JC ??
- Has the standard of the league/opposition deteriorated??
- Are we a better side without Big Gav? the stats suggest so we certainly don't seem to be missing him? which you would have been put in an asylum for suggesting in June
- Has the relationship with Ferriby and others in the Conf north to share players made the difference, people like Bruce, Davey, Armstrong and now Wally??
- are we playing better more effective football? has the style/game plan changed from previous years?
- Has Karl been able for whatever reason to attract a better class of player? Sebba/Lenighan/Tyler/Walshaw ect than in the past?

probably a combination of the above???

for me the manager and coaching staff deserve some massive praise, plenty have criticised them on here in the past and often rightly so and there have been several times when the managers job has been on the line, but this season despite loosing 4 big players in Simmo, Bloory, Big Gav and Reece Thompson and then losing Lenighan early in the season who had made a big impact we are still currently defying expectations and surprising a few people, obviously there is a long way to go but credit where credit is due whatever there doing is working and getting the results for us all to enjoy and credit to the board too for backing them in the past and for the current backing they are giving to ensure the squad remains in tact.

question 2 how far can it take us? and finally would you be surprised if bigger clubs or clubs with bigger budgets started sniffing round the manager? i

Post subject: Re: Reasons for current Positivity and improvement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:28 pm 

When we lost the entire spine of the team - including captain & the bloke who's goals kept us afloat - I thought we were in for some pain, maybe like a Rinky season where we didn't win many & we didn't score many. I think the main impact has been that, on the whole, the starting 11 is pretty settled. Obviously injuries & suspensions create issues & the bench suffers a bit as a rule. I think the settled starting 11 has created a robustness & confidence amongst the players & made them a unit.

For the last few seasons if Gav didn't score, we weren't sure who would (maybe Reece at the season went on) & last season he was injured...a lot. We're spreading the goals around a bit more this year.

Bottom line for me is that we are playing much better football - we're passing & running with it instead of lumping it up for Gav to chase down. We've got Tyler ripping some defences apart, Brad down the other side & Jake can shift through the middle.

This is no disrespect to Dudge either but the coaching team have seemed calmer since he left - Strats in particular tries to encourage rather than rollock.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if other clubs came sniffing round Karl & quite a few of the squad - I suspect it is already happening

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:46 pm 

Dingers - any hot tips for us on transfer deadline day? Have any Premiership players been seen in Jack Fultons? Or maybe looking at bikes for their kids in Dons Bike shop??

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:34 pm 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
Dingers - any hot tips for us on transfer deadline day? Have any Premiership players been seen in Jack Fultons? Or maybe looking at bikes for their kids in Dons Bike shop??

sky sources say no incomings or out goings at Westfield Lane today, but watch for defensive cover coming in after Saturday

I might wait at top of Karl's road and interview him through his car window later on see the dingbats official youtube channel :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:14 pm 

If Karl gets a better offer,bigger club it's obvious he will leave in an instant,same as many of the players mentioned,it's normal in non league football,frickley are a low budget club and are over achieving with there wage budget,great management it's got to be put down to,loanees that have been brought in are good,if a few were to leave then it would be tough,enjoy the ride while it's good I'd say