It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ilkeston game
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:37 pm 

Boys absolutely fantastic tonight they just couldn't handle us at all maybe best performance of the season so far anyone agree.but got to say the hospitality shown by Ilkeston was shocking from the two tiny pieces of pizza for each player to closing the bar at full time to which they say have no control over but I've been there many times and the bar has always stayed open after the game very poor losers

Post subject: Re: Ilkeston game
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:00 am 

Great win away at Ilkeston

Not taking anything away from frickley but Ilkeston as a full time club need to be having words with there players

3-0 home win
2-0 away win

Against a club with full time players,if I was chairman somebody would be getting bollocked

Think if Karl can keep these loanees then play offs could be on with a good second half of the season

Suspensions/injurys pending

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:37 am 

Agree Old School. Right from the word 'go', the lads played really well tonight. Couldn't fault any player, but Tyler Williams was 100% man of the match for me. Illkeston ' s RB could not handle him at all and it was a superb cross for the first goal. Having said that, it was also a superb header by Hazel.

Only downside is, is that we're going to be missing Ible for 4 matches now. A massive loss.

Well done again Frickley, keep this up. Roll on Salford :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:41 am 

superb performance last night, showed class and quality and dominated until the sending off then showed grit and determination to hold on after that with minimal fuss. Every single player put in a top performance, Tyler and Hinsley were fantastic as usual and i take nothing away from them whatsoever but i will pick out for extra special mention Tom Davey who i though was great at full back then did a top job at centre back, Jeffs who i thought had his best game so far and looked very good at left back and Ackroyd who had a really solid game in the middle of the park.

The goal was a quality move Tyler who scared there full back to death all night then put in a great cross and a brilliant header from Hazel who is another performing well at the moment, also some good football that led to the penalty after winning the ball back high up the pitch, to be fair we were great in every area all round great display really enjoyed the performance and of course the result

Dingbats Ref watch (back by popular demand) Though the ref actually had a decent game in terms of the decisions which i thought he got the majority of correct, however he was very inconstant in the bookings he gave out, Tyler was fouled in good positions at least twice with no caution given yet Hazel was booked late on for a very similar foul, also let there number 7 get away with 8 or 9 fouls constantly breaking up play before he was booked then subbed yet booked Ackroyd first tackle he made, Then the sending off, probably he got it technically correct as Ible raised his hands but the ref let the situation escalate, he should have blown up as soon as the ball got stuck under our lad who was laid on the floor instead he let a challenge go in and continue players crowd around and tempers flare before he blew up if he had blew up 10 seconds earlier nothing would have developed, thats the only negative as we will now miss Ible for 3 or 4 games, who will be a big miss.

roll on Salford similar performance please blues

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:44 am 

Old school wrote:
Boys absolutely fantastic tonight they just couldn't handle us at all maybe best performance of the season so far anyone agree.but got to say the hospitality shown by Ilkeston was shocking from the two tiny pieces of pizza for each player to closing the bar at full time to which they say have no control over but I've been there many times and the bar has always stayed open after the game very poor losers

poor losers, very strange club really, strange fans, strange town all together a bit like the league of gentleman in many ways,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:26 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
Old school wrote:

poor losers, very strange club really, strange fans, strange town all together a bit like the league of gentleman in many ways,

I quite liked the town when I visited, but it was warm sunshine and thousands of Blades were wandering around. Never saw any of
their supporters that day, but I have encountered them before and know what you mean. Eastwood a bit similar and Langley Mill and Heanor also a bit quirky.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:20 pm 

fantastic win well played to all the players m.o.m must be williams again never tires great crosses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:27 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
special mention Tom Davey who i though was great at full back then did a top job at centre back,

in the 2 month spell that tom has been here that is right back, left back, centre back, right midfield, centre midfield, and left midfield positions all played in, lets hope we can get him for the rest of the season as after Saturday we will miss the guy, strong, quick, good with the ball at his feet,and a touch of aggression, not a standout performer, but one who always works hard, please rosey, work your magic on bringing him back.

p.s. looks like I missed a top performance. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:14 pm 

blue stan wrote:
Dingbat wrote:
special mention Tom Davey who i though was great at full back then did a top job at centre back,

in the 2 month spell that tom has been here that is right back, left back, centre back, right midfield, centre midfield, and left midfield positions all played in, lets hope we can get him for the rest of the season as after Saturday we will miss the guy, strong, quick, good with the ball at his feet,and a touch of aggression, not a standout performer, but one who always works hard, please rosey, work your magic on bringing him back.

Solid performer at this level, done a job anywhere he has been asked, come on Karl get moon head in for the rest of the season

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:14 pm 

blue stan wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

Solid performer at this level, done a job anywhere he has been asked, come on Karl get moon head in for the rest of the season

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:02 pm 

blue stan wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

You're not the only one Stan, both Mini & myself had walking duties in or around Ecclesfield cemetery!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:29 pm 

someone called Jon on the Ilkeston forum not happy about losing twice to little old Frickley see his comments below:

Frickley are utter crap. Especially without Allott. To be losing twice to them is a joke.

Frickley are crap, mate. They're always on the relegation bubble every single season. Sometimes they even get relegated but reprieved because someone's gone pop. Take Gavin Allott away from them and for us to then lose to them twice in a season is a joke.

sorry but i thought we were now a point behind them with a game in hand and a better goal difference, also we haven't gone bust 3 times in the last 5 years so how they can talk about other clubs going pop is a joke, wont be long before there in bother again,

if Jon reads on here I have really enjoyed beating you ( and giving your lads a footballing lesson) twice this season :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:57 pm 

Frickley Man wrote:
blue stan wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

You're not the only one Stan, both Mini & myself had walking duties in or around Ecclesfield cemetery!

glad to hear you was walking in there and not laid down. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:22 pm 

Stan - that makes us sound a bit odd. I was actually in the field alongside the cemetery (with my hounds) & Frickley Man was taking some young children for a walk in the woods, at 6.45 in the evening, in the pitch black (not as sinister as it sounds but I'll admit, it does sound sinister)

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:45 pm 

That Ilkeston man is correct it is a joke losing to us twice. I can't stop laughing. Played them twice, scored 5 goals, conceded 1 goal 6pts. Well done BLUES.