It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: worksop switch
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 pm 

cannot believe this from a semi pro football club,who groundshare,therefore the stadium is going to be in use almost every saturday during the season,this just shows that worksop town are the poor relations of the groundsharers,pity they couldnt find their own ground and then stick 2 fingers up to parramore,ready made npl stadium for them if they manage to win the league this year,but the attendances will have to improve,averaged about 35 last season and won the league,they are trying to do an mk dons i reckon.
made it hard for me to attend the game now.

Post subject: Re: worksop switch
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:15 pm 

blue stan wrote:
cannot believe this from a semi pro football club,who groundshare,therefore the stadium is going to be in use almost every saturday during the season,this just shows that worksop town are the poor relations of the groundsharers,pity they couldnt find their own ground and then stick 2 fingers up to parramore,ready made npl stadium for them if they manage to win the league this year,but the attendances will have to improve,averaged about 35 last season and won the league,they are trying to do an mk dons i reckon.
made it hard for me to attend the game now.

No good for me either Friday Night........clashes with Emmerdale

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:20 am 

Probably having a marquee on the pitch and using the snack bar for the reception. Why not Sunday afternoon? I could not see a team from far away such as Whitby or Kendall agreeing to such a change. Worksop have had these problems many times, when they shared with Ilkeston recently, Gainsborough in the 90's. Seems very short notice in my opinion, when the game has been known about for weeks and probably the wedding as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:14 am 

There will be football played at Sandy Lane next Saturday, just not our FA Cup tie! Worksop Parramore are playing Scarborough in the NCEL, 3pm ko.

The all-day wedding booked for next Saturday meant we would not have had access to the clubhouse/function room which is apparently against FA Cup rules, hence the re-arrangement. Looks like the same rules do not apply in the NCEL.

I have no idea why it hasn't been mentioned before now, the first we (the fans) knew anything about it was yesterday evening.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:41 am 

Seems a little strange that Parramore website doesnt say anything about their match being re-arranged to this saturday.
I suspect its more than likely that they simply refusing to cancel the match vs Scarborough thats probably going to be their biggest gate of the season and the FA Cup game was never ever going to be given presedence.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:41 am 

Blue Peter wrote:
Seems a little strange that Parramore website doesnt say anything about their match being re-arranged to this saturday.
I suspect its more than likely that they simply refusing to cancel the match vs Scarborough thats probably going to be their biggest gate of the season and the FA Cup game was never ever going to be given presedence.

Parramore are not re-arranging the Scarborough fixture to this Saturday, it is remaining next Saturday (8th Sept). Parramore are at home to Glasshoughton Welfare in the FA Vase tomorrow night (and we are at home to SPS on Saturday) so moving the Scarborough game forward a week to this Saturday was not an option for them.

I was told that as we are the higher placed team FA rules state that where there is a clash of fixtures then we get priority even though it is Parramore's ground. Hence why we are at home on Saturday and Parramore have moved their FA Vase game to Friday night.

As you stated in your original posting BP I was a little surprised the clubhouse was booked for a wedding on a Saturday during the football season when it was almost certain either Parramore or ourselves would have a home game. Also don't know why we did not hear about it earlier. Let's just hope we get our own home ground sometime in the near future!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:08 pm 

It's a bit like a version of my favourite TV programme "Don't Tell The Bride", but retitled "Don't Tell The Tigers"

Before anyone cast doubt on my machismo, I would just like to point out that "DTTB" featured our (& every other Evostik team) ex striker (& current NFU bench warmer) Lee 'Mozzer' Morris.

Hoping for mid table complacency

Frank Wilcox, Russ Wilcox, Joe Wilcox. Who next?

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY