It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Raising 50k for our development.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:10 pm 

Some people may or may not know that the new supporters club last season was set up in order to raise 50k for the new development which is quickly happen to our ground and park ect.

Frickley have been told has a club that we have to put in 50k ourselves. So the supporters club was set up in order to come up with ideas to raises this fund asap.

We've had "ok" numbers turning up to these meetings but we could do with more people turning up to put across thier ideas. However i can also agree that it maybe hard to get to these meetings at times. So i'm posting on here to see if any Frickley fans, that don't come to these meetings, have any fund raising ideas which can be done on and/or off the field.

So any ideas guys?

Don't all be posting at once.

Post subject: Re: Raising 50k for our development.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:41 pm 

Have a few quid on the Euromillions like me !!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:00 pm 

A good way is often to look at what other clubs are doing, as it can bring up ideas you've not thought of.
One club last year I remember didn't have a stadium sponsor, so did it as a raffle where the winner could pick the name. They ended up getting loads of press throught it, people from overseas donating money, and making miles more than they would have done through a single sponsor.
But on a smaller scale you can often pick up some decent ideas that way.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:27 pm 

There were a few ideas about raising money discussed at the meeting on Thursday evening. Some were along the lines suggested by boyspen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:52 pm 

TMc wrote:
There were a few ideas about raising money discussed at the meeting on Thursday evening. Some were along the lines suggested by boyspen.

It would have been nice to share those ideas, if i had been informed there was a meeting ?...nothing on the forum, nothing on the website, nothing in the paper, i only asked 7 days ago when the next meeting was.......bewildered :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:13 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
TMc wrote:

It would have been nice to share those ideas, if i had been informed there was a meeting ?...nothing on the forum, nothing on the website, nothing in the paper, i only asked 7 days ago when the next meeting was.......bewildered :roll:

You're Vice-Chairman, you should be telling us when the meeting is.

SMS out!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:17 pm 

Exactly.....As I was ill for the last meeting !!!...I have asked at least twice for the next meeting date.It's not as if no one's not seen me for weeks on end. I will put it down as another miscommunication, or our motto "it's his fault "...My apologies for not being a mind reader :lol:

I will let you step up Dove.

If i win the Euromillions tonight....I will borrow Frickley the Money, at a slightly cheaper rate than Wonga.com :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:20 pm 

Some great ideas coming in guys, keep up the good work. :roll:

In fact going off topic a bit, where's Frickley1? Not seen him on here for a while, i wonder if he's got any ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:50 pm 

big voices in the meetings, but lack of focus on key issues, too many 'off topic and irrelevant' conversations taking place in the meetings. STOP and take stock of what has been suggested and planned already. Concentrate on those. Loads of other ideas are just going to be lost if the free for all continues. More communication needed. Contribution is key, not hundreds of ideas with no structure. What about a drive on season ticket sales, set targets, that is real money, or improving merchandising sales across the season. Measure what is being done. The forum is free and is is not being used to communicate the supporters club activities and messages, publish the minutes, let us see whats been discussed so it can be supported........................

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 am 

Sounds reasonable to me, George The Sock Man.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 pm 

Take a look on www.easyfundraising.org.uk. loads of local clubs are on there. May be of some help to the club. Also easysearch.org.uk (linked through easy fundraising site) if gives your club on average 1p every 2 internet searches.

Not a lot of money i know but getting a good few fans using the search engine could slowly get a few quid in....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 am 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
TMc wrote:

Didn't know there was one either...even though I got an email about the upcoming board meeting :)

It would be good to get the local businesses on board a bit more. Maybe something like giving some of the local ones a free window sticker/scarf, pen and some season fixture posters with a promise of a dedicated event for them in the clubhouse at some point throughout the season. It would be baby steps towards getting them onside rather than trying to hit them for money etc straight off the bat. It might make it easier to get things from them in the future if they're already a little more invested in the club and can see what efforts we are putting in to build a relationship with them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 am 

For several years we've had the Buy.at web shop linked from the main website which during this time has raised several hundred pounds. However it now seems that this has ceased to exist so when I'm back from holiday at the weekend I will set up and replace it with the easyfundraising site which is essentially the same thing. In the meantime the club also has the Pitchero Club Cashback fundraising site accessible via the Shop tab on the main website

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 am 

Just wonder if a pre-season or end of season tournament between four or eight teams might be used to
raise some funds somehow?