It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: plumber needed
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 pm 

honestly the jury is out on maguire & rowe for me, but in response to jamma, haze & gav returning at the time i think you answered your own question by saying "good" players young man, but yet you slate watt for being part of a defence thats shipping goals but call jamma a good player yet he's part of the same defence, im confused

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:54 pm 

Maguire pinching his money and where's £750 mcsheffry gone what a waste of money Rowe and watt boy you're recruitments good

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:56 pm 

the mighty wah wrote:
honestly the jury is out on maguire & rowe for me, but in response to jamma, haze & gav returning at the time i think you answered your own question by saying "good" players young man, but yet you slate watt for being part of a defence thats shipping goals but call jamma a good player yet he's part of the same defence, im confused

The jury is out on Maguire and Rowe? Are you kidding? :lol:

My point is about them returning, is your previous post stated that old players should never return to the club, yet I've just given you 3 examples on why that theory is wrong and not going "sidewards".

Jammer was class last season, i still believe he is a class player too, and you are right he is part of the same defence, so surely you need to ask yourself, why he's not the same player this season, what is going wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:09 pm 

i never said old players shouldn't return to a club, but in my opinion jammer gav & haze were a massive improvement on what was already at the club at the time, but mark gray (in my opinion) wouldn't improve anything, yeah of course its concerning about the goals we are leaking but from day one this season we've not been able to field a settled side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:14 pm 

Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings "wah". Hopefully 3pts and a clean sheet, eh? We can live in hope.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:40 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
NeverNeutral wrote:
Mark Gray played at CB for Clee in the Integro Cup last month at the Wezzie and Clee shipped 5!!
Just sayin’...

A game in which ee let in 4 too. Good game for a "neutral" eh? If you're happy with our defence this season, then you carry on being happy NN.

It was and I will, fella.

Back to Mark Gray, his 2 clubs this season are Clee, who have conceded 5 more than us in 2 less games, and Ponte, who haven’t won since he signed....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:10 am 

Having the quickest look at Cleepthorpe's starting line ups. Gray hasn't played in much of thier games. Maybe he is lacking match fitness? Surly this would fit nice with Fearn's training and diet program at the club now?

I bet if you did a quick compare with our current players and Gray on mins on the pitch and goals conceded, our players maybe have a worse record then Gray this season.

NN, you are actually happy with the way the defence are playing then? You seem to not want to discuss the problem, or is it just the referee's fault all the time?

Last edited by RIP Rory Dove on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:49 am 

I just think it isn’t as simple as ‘Mark Gray would sort it out’ (don’t forget that Ponte haven’t won since Gray signed).
Remember that injuries have been horrendous, a stable team will make a big difference.

And if we’re going on to the standard of refereeing, it’s rarely just the referee’s fault but come on, what about that push on the keeper for their equaliser? How has their keeper stayed on after the foul on JB? What do you think about the refs?

(Btw you there tonight?)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am 

Of course i'm not saying it will solve things 100%. :lol:

I just don't think we're in a position to have a go at other defenders when we can't even keep a clean sheet ourselves. (Gray has only played 2 games for Pontefract by the way). Let's sort our back 4 out please and stop leaking these goals. Are you serious happy with the way we are letting these goals in? It was the same last season too, difference was we had the fire power then, in which we don't have as much now.

My view on referees, if they my mistakes at the WC how are they not going to make them in the Evo Stik? You talk about Pickering's keeper needing to be sent off, if that was Hugo and he was off for that, i would be interested to hear your view on it, would it be the same? I doubt it. There are some bad referees don't get me wrong, i was a bad ref once, i'm just glad that i never reffed when Dingbat was about. For me last Saturday, being 4-1 up, then giving away a penalty with 5 mins to go, we should have shut up shop and saw the game out, that was down to the team not doing thier job i'm afraid and nothing else. Even if you thought the referee made a mistake or two.

Not there tonight, currently on other activities. But best of luck Frickley, let's hope we can get 3pts with a clean sheet too. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 am 

We’ll agree to disagree then

COYB!!