It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Brighouse game
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:38 pm 

What is everyone opinion of tonight game

Post subject: Re: Brighouse game
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 am 

embarrassing display,there are clearly some players not good enough to play at this level, why don't we go back to last years formation which proved successful rather than the 4-3-3 and playing people out of position,the midfield is shocking at the moment,
patts - been a defensive midfielder all his career-now playing further upfield
McGuire - never goes forward with the ball,either passes square or behind,provides 2 forward passes per game.
mcsheffrey - not fit or quick enough,loses the ball too easily.
Walton - the shining light at the moment and only one playing well.
burton - where is he???
hazel - out on the left wing??? playing in the number 10 role last season brought out the best in him.
the midfield needs sorting and quickly, when gav doesn't play we struggle up front.
back to the game - Brighouse fully deserved the win,2 good strikers,2 good wide men, and their skipper at the back who looked small for a centre back proved us wrong and was tremendous,they were all a yard faster than our players,they outfought us and outmuscled us and reacted better than us.
please sort the midfield out and get some wide men as we have no width at present and the full backs are been left unprotected.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:01 am 

Very poor not as good as last season by far IMO. Don’t think we will make the play offs playing like we have been of late. Spen needs to get the lads playing as a team again and get the forwards banging in the goals again or mid table could be our lot this year. Last season we let some goals in but scored more so a win.Your right Bluestan we dident deserve to win last night because they where the better side on the night. The team don’t seam to be buzzing like last year why I don’t know. Hopefully Spen and his team will get then going again soon. Just had a look at Spen interview on last nights game ?? What do you all think? I don’t know what to think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:35 am 

Another shocker didn't know mcsheffry was playing until he came off Did someone say £750 a week wow McGuire shadow of the player he once was the 6 worst centre back love seen for years 2 clueless manager keeps saying same things on interviews but never looks at himself and that's where you start he picks the team he picks the players stop and look at the coaches what the he'll do they bring never once do you here any of them told to alter things round when it's not working think some are way out of there depth manager shouldnhand Reigns to stancliffe players seem to respect him

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:00 am 

admittedly it was a poor performance, but 7 games into the season (won 4 lost 3) have we been able to field the same team twice ? we've had weddings, honeymoons, stag do's, holidays, suspension & injuries to deal with, so obviously this makes continuity hard to enforce, there will obviously be one or two judging the team & season on last nights game, probably mentioning the "B" word regularly aswell, ive been watching football over 40 years and can never recall anything being won in september, keep the faith #storyoftheblues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:22 am 

The way Spens interview went he thinks some players are not pulling their weight so there will be changers he said. Befor i watched Spens interview I posted my last post and in it i said the team dont seam to be buzzing this season like they did last season. Spen must thinking the same so he is going to get rid. I for one hope Spen and his team sort it, I think they will. Looking at the table we only need one win and we are back up there. Your right the mighty Wah we need to keep the faith nothing is won in September.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:25 am 

First game of the season for the bat last night thought I would struggle to see a worse performance than the last one I witnessed against Shaw Lane in the senior cup. Was shocked at how poor the Blues were and how superior a distantly average Brighouse side looked on the night.

The only Positives were, Tyler Walton the only player that put in anything resembling a performance and the fact Brighouse did not get at least another 2 goals
no passion, no pride, no quality, no organisation, no commitment, no effort, no idea, possibly the one of the worst performances I have seen a Frickley side put in and believe me I have seen some poor ones.

Defensively it was horrendous the goals were as bad as you will see and the lack of effort was clear to see. To sum up it didn’t look like the players wanted to play for the manager last night, he has criticized them in his interview after the game and fair enough they let him down last night, but he also needs to look at himself the team selection was bizarre and the organisation (especially defensively) was extremely poor, The squad is nowhere near the level it was last season (which is his responsibility) which I said in July/August – others laughed and scoffed but the proof is in the pudding and unless he goes and gets at least 3 or 4 proven evo stick quality players in the building soon there is no way that squad will make the play offs. He also said a few will be off if its carries on, here are my recommendations hopefully he will take note

Keeper – not really at fault last night but not a commanding presence either been saying for 3 months an experienced evo stick keeper is needed, Hoody is on the staff he will real off ten names straight away that could improve this area you don’t win promotions with kids in the net.

Both full backs young and naïve, poor positional awareness and offered nothing going forward both not good enough if promotion is to be achieved, maybe harsh as both a young kids here for experience and game time but its an area that needs to be looked at you don’t win promotions developing kids for Mansfield town .

Phil ‘The Power’ Watt, must have been a power cut in the kids brain as he resembled a confused pensioner that had escaped from a care home, wondering about all game with no idea of where he should be, listen Rhys Meynall would be an improvement on this kid and that sums it up, will cost you a goal a game, needs to be moved on.

Jamie ‘The Fire’ Maquire, think he needs some more coal or logs throwing on cos on last nights viewing the lads fire went out long ago, I have a tortoise that is more mobile, second half (before he was moved to centre half) he was playing there anyway as every time the ball was cleared the centre halfs are running past him as the team move up the pitch, another that needs to go.

Patts – listen I told people on here in July 2017 the kid isn’t good enough, give him room and stand off him and yes he can play, but any kind of pressure on him and get his head down and he offers nothing, again the club have let better midfielders go, I will concede he can ‘do a job’ at evo stick level but he would not get a game at any other promotion chasing side, another that needs to go am afraid.

Gary ‘The Shef’ Mcsheffrey – only contribution last night were 2 low quality set pieces that he wasted. Offered nothing, been a class player in the football league but its time to pack in, horrible to watch a once talent lad struggling so badly time to retire with some dignity I think.

In the next month Spenna needs to bring in a keeper with at least 50 evo stick games stop messing about with kids, 2 proper full backs that first and foremost can defend, a centre back to play with ible (this is the top priority) & finally he needs 2 evo stick midfield players, Luke Hinsley is one he needs to get on the blower too, Jason Yates another both would be a massive improvement on the crap on display last night

Over to you spenna, the pressure is on this is were a manager will earn his stripes, not on some dutch tactical coaching course. Can he keep the dressing room together and add the required quality?? Time will tell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:34 am 

A certain Luke Hinsley spoke to spen in pre-season & spen turned him down said he wasn’t interested

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:41 pm 

Thing is mighty wah it’s not just over one game these are three newcomers to the league and they were battered and clueless players don’t know what there’re doing that comes from manager but he brought in the over priced over rated players maguire I’ve seen a few times now and he’s a liability as is watt, full backs disagree with Dingbat think keeper is ok

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:08 pm 

Old school wrote:
Thing is mighty wah it’s not just over one game these are three newcomers to the league and they were battered and clueless players don’t know what there’re doing that comes from manager but he brought in the over priced over rated players maguire I’ve seen a few times now and he’s a liability as is watt, full backs disagree with Dingbat think keeper is ok

i think the keeper is ok, my point is there is better more experienced keepers out there, who know the league, know the level and can improve the defence with communication etc, no one gets promoted with a kid in goal, club have needed a proper keeper in since Seb got injured it cost them last season it will cost us again

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:12 pm 

i wonder if "blueitt" goes to many games or listens to every interview ?

1..phil watt was mom at marine (before red card)
2..spen took the blame himself for the defeat at taddy

but dont let a story get in the way of the facts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:07 am 

He does the mighty wah I've not seen Phil watt have a good game or Maguire and lve seen probably 85% of games this season but I do find you amusing after all you were all Shaw lane 2 seasons ago

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:55 pm 

Watt is not consistant enough, if you look back i said so after we signed him, sometimes looks ok sometimes horrendous, which is why i was surprised the club went for him in the summer,

just like i said the whole defence was not good enough people scoffed but once again the dingbat makes a prediction that comes true conceding poor goals for fun week in week out,

start listening to the bat spencer lad or the pressure will build, pressure does funny things to people, it already is he looked like a man on the edge in Tues interview, his reaction to the marine defeat on twitter was embarrasing re-tweeting comments about the referee especailly when am told Marine should have won far more comfortably and were the better side by another evo stick manager who was at the game, too many excuses, like i said already these situations are were a manager earns his corn you dont learn how to deal with real life situations like this on a fancy coaching course with Raymond Van Barneveld.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:07 pm 

sort of agree about Marine could've won by more, two missed pens (well saved i should add) but at 0-0 the referee denied Frickley a penalty that was as obvious the 2 he awarded, who knows what could've happened then ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:24 pm 

you go away to watch frickley almost anywhere but especially anywhere over the pennines and the refs never give the blues anything, can remember a few shockers at Skems the last few years, or when we were made to kick of at Marine on a tues with 4 players stuck in traffic when the same season at home Blues had been made to wait for rest of Whitby's players to arrive, similar year before against Flyde, its wrong but you set off to watch frickley away and you know 100% you aint getting any favours from the ref

i repeat its wrong and as a fan i have critisied referee's more than anyone to there face and on here but as a manager there is no point, especially not on social media after the game as only thing it achieves is to turn other ref's against you for future matches and possibly get you in bother from the FA. also you cant effect how good/bad the ref is what you can do is work with your own team and improve performances, so best to focus all energy on that.

The club and manger/coaching staff all re-tweeting a picture of the ref questioning his abilty, i actaully laughed at the time and though what a top lad mini is but really come on in the cold light of day it wont change the result officials get wind of that and its hardly doing the club any favours is it?

another example on Tues 1st half the ball has gone out of play near the corner flag a good half a yard and was missed by the ref/lino, games goes on and full back plays a suicidal ball accross his own bye line to the keeper Brighouse intercept and nearly score, Spencer is going mental at the ref lino (fair enough i hear you say?) however what he should have been doing was telling his full back off for playing possibly the daftest ball i have seen played in about 4 years (tbf it may be he thought it was out and was knocking it back for the goal kick but even in that case he should have been telling him off for not playing to the whistle) perfect example there of how you can effect your own performance but you cant get a ref to change his mind