It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Doncaster Rovers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:13 pm 

Should be a good work out on Tue with Doncaster if some of the Doncaster first team are playing. Gav sounds like he is on the goals again.
Some good new player by the sound of it.
Maybe this year we can get back in the prem and have a good run in the cups.
Maybe Edgar will come back home again.
Maybe our great Frickley forum can get going again.
All in all another season new hopes and dreams.
Whats your lots expectations or hope for this season I think we will go up.
All the best Frickley.
O and that small matter, England maybe in the world cup final could be a great year.

Post subject: Re: Doncaster Rovers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 am 

Good post Frickley1. My expectation is to get promoted and to win the Sheffield Senior Cup again. Oh and lots of goals again.
I cannot make the Rovers match as I will be in Cleethorpes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:38 am 

They say scores dont matter in friendlies. Roll on the season starting I say.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:12 am 

Talking to a Donny fan at work this morning, says they played quite a young and experimental side so surprised with how easy it looked on the night, he has been down to the previous friendlies with Frickley over the past 5 or 6 seasons and says it was the poorest Frickley side he has seen, says usually Frickley always give them a tough physical test and with the number of academy players they (Donny) had out there he was expecting a close game. also not seen it (and it may be on there supscription service) but apparantly there new gaffer (Grant Mccann) was disapointed his team were not tested more and indicated he wants tougher tests next pre-season.

what i would say is you dont learn too much playing league sides, its a good money maker and great for the fans, neither do you learn from battering Athersley and Maltby like last pre-season, although these games are needed to give the lads different tests and step things up the ones i always look at are the ones against similar standard opposition, they usually tell you more about where the team is at.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:04 pm 

i would ask your workmate if he actually went to the game dingers,rovers put out a different 11 for both halves,out of those 22 players used,1 was a trialist,1 was new to the club,and 1 was an untried 18 year old, of the other 19 players used all of these had first team experience,and only 6 of those 22 were under the age of 20, rovers do have a youthful squad, or maybe he is looking at everyone as being akin to alex jeffrey.
they are 5 levels above us with a new manager to impress and are full time pro`s playing against lads that will have done a shift at work earlier in the day,not to mention the heat.