It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: George Dobbins League Cup Final 15/05/18
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:35 am 

the little fella wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:
See Birtley have been promoted and the Uni knocked back.

Interesting.

Good luck to Birtley anyway.

Common sense has prevailed. It confirms you cannot shop around after 31st December. We have clarity. Chuffed for Birtley.

So are you thinking that any clubs who don't own there own grounds, which a lot of us don't in the alliance, we should just stay here forever and never look elsewhere to try and progress?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:05 pm 

cheers Deano, I think it's the right decision but I'm sure others will think differently.

Good luck next season, I expect you boys will have a cracking team.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:33 pm 

To footyfan1 - No I am not saying you should just stay in current unsuitable grounds forever. I have been saying and today's decision by the FA confirms it, that agreements have to be in place by the promotion application deadline of 31st December. You cannot have an extra 3 months to shop around willy nilly to lookfor grounds. It is that part which I have said is unfair and should not be allowed. And it is that which the FA today appears to have confirmed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:05 pm 

I think it has now been made very clear the the FA with this decision. Any clubs that have ambitions of promotion to the Northern League need to have a shared tenure agreement on a ground suitable for step 6. If they dont prove this is in place by the deadline date and another club finishes in the top 5 who have the facility's then they will go up. Its quite simple. There are a few clubs in the Alliance who will have a team capable of competing, Ponteland Utd, Uni, AFC Killingworth, Seaton Delaval, and Newcastle Blue Star will be up there to name 5 then there is Whitley Bay A who could go up if Whitley Bay gain promotion. . Going to be a very competitive season in the Northern alliance this year. Rutherford will be one to watch for me Davey Surrey appointment of joint manager alongside Mark Pae is a good move as i know Davey will be going for it .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:16 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
I think it has now been made very clear the the FA with this decision. Any clubs that have ambitions of promotion to the Northern League need to have a shared tenure agreement on a ground suitable for step 6. If they dont prove this is in place by the deadline date and another club finishes in the top 5 who have the facility's then they will go up. Its quite simple. There are a few clubs in the Alliance who will have a team capable of competing, Ponteland Utd, Uni, AFC Killingworth, Seaton Delaval, and Newcastle Blue Star will be up there to name 5 then there is Whitley Bay A who could go up if Whitley Bay gain promotion. . Going to be a very competitive season in the Northern alliance this year. Rutherford will be one to watch for me Davey Surrey appointment of joint manager alongside Mark Pae is a good move as i know Davey will be going for it .

Great opportunity for myself and mark at such a fantastic club with a long history. We have no doubt that it's going to be a very tough first season. I think this year the league is going to be as strong as it has been for some time.