It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:24 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 0
Wallington 1-1 Killy Town

Decent game with few chances for either. Decent side up at Wallington and management spot on. Wish them all the best.

On the promotion note, looking good for the Uni after last night. 6 points needed from 9. I called them winning the league back in August and after playing everyone, I do think they are by far and away the best in the league.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 57
Percy Main 1-4 Birtley Town

Good win for what good it did us. Delaval not turning out a side v Uni was less than we expected . Lets see what happens tomorrow when they face FC United . Really puts a sour taste in the mouth . Never mind they still have to play Wallington and Gateshead who will at the very least turn up for the game. We will go for EVERY game left with the attitude of the first of the season and not just chuck the towel in. Can i just add its a pleasure every time we visit Percy Main, Top Club with top people.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 0
bigcbeat wrote:
Percy Main 1-4 Birtley Town

Good win for what good it did us. Delaval not turning out a side v Uni was less than we expected . Lets see what happens tomorrow when they face FC United . Really puts a sour taste in the mouth . Never mind they still have to play Wallington and Gateshead who will at the very least turn up for the game. We will go for EVERY game left with the attitude of the first of the season and not just chuck the towel in. Can i just add its a pleasure every time we visit Percy Main, Top Club with top people.



Think that's a bit harsh. At this time of the season, its absolutely crazy to expect same lads to play every 2 or 3 days.

Its hard to grind teams out with work, injuries, suspensions etc.

Jay has a great network of lads in the NL but obviously they were playing too which makes it harder. I see Stevens scored for Birtley last night which shows the luxury they now have that Ashington are finished.

I am sure the best team will win the league after all is said and done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 4:47 pm
Posts: 9
Location: North Shields
Percy 1 Birtley 4

I've just about warmed up now!

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/percymain ... /1-3395925

_________________
website http://www.percymainafc.co.uk/

PMA twitter - @PercyMainFC

PMA Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/55228916777/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 2
Location: Birtley
Match report from our game last night against Percy Main can be viewed on the link below. Plenty photos and the videos might be a bit shaky but it was absolutely frigging freezing!

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleyto ... /1-3395925

_________________
Website: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc

Facebook: @BirtleyTownFC
Twitter: @BirtleyTFC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:01 pm
Posts: 38
Rutherford 3-0 FC Utd of Newcastle

Missed the first half so all I know is that it was goalless, then soon after the break Callum Moore put us ahead.

From that point on I thought we did pretty ok and Stephen Matthews scored a cracking goal after a great turn inside the box for 2-0. They were then reduced to 10 men as their No.8 received 2 yellows about 10 seconds apart, both for dissent. Plain daft, that. Tom Wood then scored late on to record a pretty easy win in the end.

FC United seem pretty disjointed but they had good numbers there and it's a credit that they haven't thrown the towel in despite not having much success on the pitch this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 57
footyfan1 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Percy Main 1-4 Birtley Town

Good win for what good it did us. Delaval not turning out a side v Uni was less than we expected . Lets see what happens tomorrow when they face FC United . Really puts a sour taste in the mouth . Never mind they still have to play Wallington and Gateshead who will at the very least turn up for the game. We will go for EVERY game left with the attitude of the first of the season and not just chuck the towel in. Can i just add its a pleasure every time we visit Percy Main, Top Club with top people.



Think that's a bit harsh. At this time of the season, its absolutely crazy to expect same lads to play every 2 or 3 days.

Its hard to grind teams out with work, injuries, suspensions etc.

Jay has a great network of lads in the NL but obviously they were playing too which makes it harder. I see Stevens scored for Birtley last night which shows the luxury they now have that Ashington are finished.

I am sure the best team will win the league after all is said and done.


Everyone is entitled to an opinion, mine is they should be made to play the game simple as that. Yes the best team should win the league i agree but its what is done over the season. We used Damo as we were struggling with injuries and suspensions, Teams always do this at the end of a season if players become available. This is the first time this season we have found ourselves thin on the ground . He has had involvement wit Birtley for a lot of years and always signs with end of season in mind. I know its harsh on players also with the early kick offs . Teams that can kick off later should to help others as we always do. All our home games midweek we offer to kick off later to allow teams to have a decent time to arrive. Basically we have very little chance now , far less than if this game was played. Just think what your opinion would be if the shoe was on your foot. I doubt it would be the same.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 0
bigcbeat wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Percy Main 1-4 Birtley Town

Good win for what good it did us. Delaval not turning out a side v Uni was less than we expected . Lets see what happens tomorrow when they face FC United . Really puts a sour taste in the mouth . Never mind they still have to play Wallington and Gateshead who will at the very least turn up for the game. We will go for EVERY game left with the attitude of the first of the season and not just chuck the towel in. Can i just add its a pleasure every time we visit Percy Main, Top Club with top people.



Think that's a bit harsh. At this time of the season, its absolutely crazy to expect same lads to play every 2 or 3 days.

Its hard to grind teams out with work, injuries, suspensions etc.

Jay has a great network of lads in the NL but obviously they were playing too which makes it harder. I see Stevens scored for Birtley last night which shows the luxury they now have that Ashington are finished.

I am sure the best team will win the league after all is said and done.


Everyone is entitled to an opinion, mine is they should be made to play the game simple as that. Yes the best team should win the league i agree but its what is done over the season. We used Damo as we were struggling with injuries and suspensions, Teams always do this at the end of a season if players become available. This is the first time this season we have found ourselves thin on the ground . He has had involvement wit Birtley for a lot of years and always signs with end of season in mind. I know its harsh on players also with the early kick offs . Teams that can kick off later should to help others as we always do. All our home games midweek we offer to kick off later to allow teams to have a decent time to arrive. Basically we have very little chance now , far less than if this game was played. Just think what your opinion would be if the shoe was on your foot. I doubt it would be the same.



So you are admitting that you were thin and needed players from outside your normal group to come in?? But Delaval didn't have that luxury so it isn't hard to see why they couldn't get a team.

Something similar happened last year when we won the league. Carlisle told us they couldn't raise a team and we got a 1-0 win. Something which may have came back to bite us as it may have went on goal difference.

Its good that you offer later kick off times, but obviously your well aware that not every team has the luxury of being able to do that. Regardless of 6.15 or 7.30, if players are injured/away/ work, they cant play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:16 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Newcastle
Its understandably frustrating for us Deano as Delaval have taken 6 points off us this season and can beat anyone with there best team out. They have / had the Uni still to play twice in the league which gave us a slim hope, which now appears gone.

Each team has enough to worry about themselves without worrying about others, and if Delaval couldn't raise a team, then they couldn't raise a team. I have a slightly different view to Colin in that I think it reflects appallingly on the league and not necessarily Delaval. Asking teams to play 3 times a week is crazy at the end of the season, and with Sunday games lads are playing 5-6 times a week.

1st v 3rd in your Premier division should be a flagship game that can impact the top positions, so for it to go the way it has the league need to take a good look at and be proactive about how to stop it in future. It seems to be nearly every season that we are all surprised that the weather has been bad and teams are left with 10 games to play in 3 weeks.

We roll our sleeves up and fight on to finish as high as we can, lads are running on fumes at the moment, but I'm sure that goes for most sides. Its certainly a massive improvement on last season and hopefully we can go one better next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:41 pm
Posts: 251
Location: birtley
You won the league by 6 points though so really little relevance to what has happened here.

42 players signed on still in with a chance of going for the league title and cant get a team out would that have happened to your lot last year?? doubt it and yes its about a whole season and where you end up but when a team who is still in with a shout of winning the league cant muster 11players to at least fulfil a fixture then something is wrong.

What about those teams down the bottom of the league or with nothing to play for and getting hammered week in week out if they done that and ended up getting a 1-0 score line and a fine every game does that make things right as well. Two wrongs dont make a right and if as deleval have aspirations of playing in the Northern league i dont think the ENL would take kindly to having that excuse rolled out like i say even more so when still in with a chance of winning it.

Since day dot sides have signed on players to help at back end of season and if birtley, killingworth or FC United of newcastle have players playing then i dont see a problem with that at all its happened since i was playing in the 80s.

The best side over a season wins the league but with so much riding on it then this makes things worse if it had happened last season would you not have felt the same so i can see why the debate is happening and why certain people feel aggrieved.

_________________
IL SEE YOU AT THE FAR POST


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 57
AMB wrote:
You won the league by 6 points though so really little relevance to what has happened here.

42 players signed on still in with a chance of going for the league title and cant get a team out would that have happened to your lot last year?? doubt it and yes its about a whole season and where you end up but when a team who is still in with a shout of winning the league cant muster 11players to at least fulfil a fixture then something is wrong.

What about those teams down the bottom of the league or with nothing to play for and getting hammered week in week out if they done that and ended up getting a 1-0 score line and a fine every game does that make things right as well. Two wrongs dont make a right and if as deleval have aspirations of playing in the Northern league i dont think the ENL would take kindly to having that excuse rolled out like i say even more so when still in with a chance of winning it.

Since day dot sides have signed on players to help at back end of season and if birtley, killingworth or FC United of newcastle have players playing then i dont see a problem with that at all its happened since i was playing in the 80s.

The best side over a season wins the league but with so much riding on it then this makes things worse if it had happened last season would you not have felt the same so i can see why the debate is happening and why certain people feel aggrieved.

Foss Dean is totally missing my point . I know what any team would ask in our position killy included. I am certainly not having a go at players over this. There should be something in place if an entire season is affected. Its not anyone's fault but surely the rules that allow this need looked at. Can you honestly say that if it were Delaval or any other team v Birtley and the Uni were in our position they would not ask the same question.
Delaval committee agree the game should be rescheduled . They came to our game at Percy and apologized which is appreciated by Birtley.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 0
bigcbeat wrote:
AMB wrote:
You won the league by 6 points though so really little relevance to what has happened here.

42 players signed on still in with a chance of going for the league title and cant get a team out would that have happened to your lot last year?? doubt it and yes its about a whole season and where you end up but when a team who is still in with a shout of winning the league cant muster 11players to at least fulfil a fixture then something is wrong.

What about those teams down the bottom of the league or with nothing to play for and getting hammered week in week out if they done that and ended up getting a 1-0 score line and a fine every game does that make things right as well. Two wrongs dont make a right and if as deleval have aspirations of playing in the Northern league i dont think the ENL would take kindly to having that excuse rolled out like i say even more so when still in with a chance of winning it.

Since day dot sides have signed on players to help at back end of season and if birtley, killingworth or FC United of newcastle have players playing then i dont see a problem with that at all its happened since i was playing in the 80s.

The best side over a season wins the league but with so much riding on it then this makes things worse if it had happened last season would you not have felt the same so i can see why the debate is happening and why certain people feel aggrieved.

Foss Dean is totally missing my point . I know what any team would ask in our position killy included. I am certainly not having a go at players over this. There should be something in place if an entire season is affected. Its not anyone's fault but surely the rules that allow this need looked at. Can you honestly say that if it were Delaval or any other team v Birtley and the Uni were in our position they would not ask the same question.
Delaval committee agree the game should be rescheduled . They came to our game at Percy and apologized which is appreciated by Birtley.



I am not missing any point. I totally get why your angry over this obviously.

I am in agreement with Chinny that the league need to try and do something to avoid this end of season madness!!!! Its OK in the NL when you're getting ££, but to expect lads to do it for free, 3 days a week is mental!!

I cant agree with the point that the game should be replayed mind. If a team cant get a side, then that's it. I know that's harsh on teams at the top, but the season would last forever if teams just said I cant get a team tonight, can we go next week please?

We went to Wallington away on Monday night. lads, including me, were at work till 5 and had been out the house since 7.45am. We took 11 over and got a decent 1-1 and should have nicked it. Imagine if I had said we aren't playing tonight. can we just schedule it for a few weeks time when I can get more players?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:41 pm
Posts: 251
Location: birtley
But the point being you went and played the game with nothing to play for and took 11 over and played the game the point being if deleval had done that and got beat 6 or 7 then no complaints so still dont see your point the game should be replayed when something to play for at the end of it

By the way Michael Turner gets better with age were the lads that normally play not disappointed to have started the game whilst morpeth had free saturday?

_________________
IL SEE YOU AT THE FAR POST


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 0
AMB wrote:
But the point being you went and played the game with nothing to play for and took 11 over and played the game the point being if deleval had done that and got beat 6 or 7 then no complaints so still dont see your point the game should be replayed when something to play for at the end of it

By the way Michael Turner gets better with age were the lads that normally play not disappointed to have started the game whilst morpeth had free saturday?



I don't think Delaval had 11 so guessing that was the issue.

Michael is getting better yes. We only had 1 fit substitute on Saturday against Birtley so no, there was nobody to be disappointed. :lol:

Ryan Monaghan - work
Chris Scott - away
Marc Dixon - injured
Stephen Ardley - suspended
Ross Symington - playing cricket
Liam Harris - injured
Ross Bailey - injured

Thank God he was there to help us eh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:41 pm
Posts: 251
Location: birtley
You shouldn't have turned up that 1-0 win Birtley would have got would have helped massively im sure they would have paid your fine

_________________
IL SEE YOU AT THE FAR POST


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group