It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Monday 30th
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am 

Laughable mate. I know 100% that any team in our position would want the game played even you though you say not. I have never known in 20 years running teams where this has happened. New Fordley pitch hadn't been marked so game called off at last min . Result ? replay the game . Any person who runs a football club would ask the same question. Also i know the full facts as explained by Delaval committee you dont so lets leave the League to to deal with it eh.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:47 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
Laughable mate. I know 100% that any team in our position would want the game played even you though you say not. I have never known in 20 years running teams where this has happened. New Fordley pitch hadn't been marked so game called off at last min . Result ? replay the game . Any person who runs a football club would ask the same question. Also i know the full facts as explained by Delaval committee you dont so lets leave the League to to deal with it eh.

It’s obvious why teams would be upset when this situation happens and rightly so. I think there is a valid point in asking the game to be replayed, would be at any other point in the season, that said as Dean mentions where would the season end!!

For me I agree with Chinny and think the league needs to do more, over winter months there’s 3G pitches sat empty and if the league supported clubs with the cost of hire of these then more games can be played and not much of a back log this time of year and would “hopefully” help address this situation from occurring.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:53 am 

bigcbeat wrote:

I agree that its hard to take completely and understand peoples frustrations. But to say you should still play the game?

What would Birtley do if the Uni had requested to call the game off last week as they had no players? Would you have took the walkover win, or said we can just replay the game when yous have players? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:30 pm 

If the request was a genuine one the answer would be yes. Win fair or not at all. I really hope it dosnt happen to Killy in exactly the same way . I would gamble you would be the same.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:37 pm 

Markpae wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

It’s obvious why teams would be upset when this situation happens and rightly so. I think there is a valid point in asking the game to be replayed, would be at any other point in the season, that said as Dean mentions where would the season end!!

For me I agree with Chinny and think the league needs to do more, over winter months there’s 3G pitches sat empty and if the league supported clubs with the cost of hire of these then more games can be played and not much of a back log this time of year and would “hopefully” help address this situation from occurring.

Mark if there was nothing riding on it then yes they get the game, the points and even a 10 nil win we wouldn't give a toss. There is a great deal riding on this and what we are saying is when it affects an actual league title or relegation the game surly should be played.
As far as games being played thats a load of round danglies . Not one team in this league apart from Killy , Rutherford and Wallington said they would play play midweek. What happens , all scheduled for Saturdays.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:26 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Markpae wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

Mark if there was nothing riding on it then yes they get the game, the points and even a 10 nil win we wouldn't give a toss. There is a great deal riding on this and what we are saying is when it affects an actual league title or relegation the game surly should be played.
As far as games being played thats a load of round danglies . Not one team in this league apart from Killy , Rutherford and Wallington said they would play play midweek. What happens , all scheduled for Saturdays.

My point relates to more weekends than midweekers (although midweeks possible if it meant getting games on). If the league could support teams with the hire of 3G pitches on a weekend it would help the situation as we all know how expensive they are.

Or where teams have floodlights and would be happy to hire their pitch out for neutral games to be played on their pitch. They get income, games get played and in general would help ease congestion. May be a nightmare for the fixture secretary but something has to happen otherwise next season people will have the same argument.