It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Results, reports and Videos Wed 19/04/2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:13 am 

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleyto ... /1-3171085

Disappointing end to our fantastic run of 13 league wins and a draw in last 14 league games.
A result that our visitors fully deserved yet with a bit more luck we could have scraped a draw. Crunch game on Saturday v Newcastle University who have regained the advantage with a good 5.0 win at Percy Main.
Still a lot of football to be played with 10 league games to get through in 23 days.
Any support given in these important games especially the 6 consecutive away games in may will be very much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Results, reports and Videos Wed 19/04/2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 am 

Killy 0-2 Wallington

2 red cards for Killy. Least said the better or I will only appear on the minutes of the meeting getting fined. :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:04 am 

2 in our game aswel mate. along with a string of yellows . Getting more and more expensive. Into the overdraft soon :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am 

No cards at all for us, cos we are good boys!
A hefty defeat though.....

Percy 0 Newcastle Uni 5

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/percymain ... /1-3171089

PMA twitter - @PercyMainFC

PMA Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/55228916777/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:25 pm 

Disappointing result for us, but we got what we deserved. We hung in there for long periods and should have scored moments before they took the lead. We hit the inside of the post and has some other good chances in a strong 10 minute spell when 1-0 down but when they got the 2nd it was game over. Ref was throwing cards around in a game which I don't think needed it. Spoiled the game and by the end, frustration had got the better of us

The centre half for them (Errington?) was outstanding, as was Hayton up top, who I think got both goals. How a NL team with cash isn't paying Hayton £80+ a week to play for them I can't get my head around, far and away the best striker in the league.

We go again on Saturday at the Uni, which I think has been switched to the 4G. Huge game in our season but still such a long way to go. 10 league games left to play at this point is rediculous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:50 pm 

North Shields Athletic 1-5 Rutherford

We finally scored a goal....and then five come along at once! Great to end the most ridiculous stat I've ever known and also great to see the lads get back into it, just a shame I couldn't be there.

Adding to comments above, we've also had cards thrown at us all season which has almost crippled us with some lads walking away from football. I'm massively supportive of anyone who wants to be a referee, but it's not nice to see players at our level get punished for genuine mistakes. We're not professionals but sometimes we're treat like we are. That's unfair.

But back to the good stuff, we got a win and now we've only got 12 games to go.....12 games in 4 weeks

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:18 pm 

The Falcon wrote:

We finally scored a goal....and then five come along at once! Great to end the most ridiculous stat I've ever known and also great to see the lads get back into it, just a shame I couldn't be there.

Adding to comments above, we've also had cards thrown at us all season which has almost crippled us with some lads walking away from football. I'm massively supportive of anyone who wants to be a referee, but it's not nice to see players at our level get punished for genuine mistakes. We're not professionals but sometimes we're treat like we are. That's unfair.

But back to the good stuff, we got a win and now we've only got 12 games to go.....12 games in 4 weeks

Totally agree Falcon.

At this time of the season, it becomes nearly a full time job. You turn up the game, and someone has spoilt in within 10 minutes.

I am sure Wallington do agree, and the fact they have agreed to write a report with us in support, confirms this.

A player swore at himself in frustration, not loud or excessive, and not aimed at anyone, and was sent off after 10 mins for ''swearing on the pitch''. Now I appreciate we can tall go around swearing, but if a player is to be sent off for swearing in frustration, we are going to be playing 6 a side very soon.

After several comments from fans, committee members, and both clubs, I think its fair to say it was a 1 off last night that I witnessed.

I must say, Wallington were excellent and punished us and deserved the win. Some great players there and a good set of lads. But Christ, what a waste of money and time when the game Is absolutely ruined after 10 mins!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:58 pm 

Chinny wrote:
Disappointing result for us, but we got what we deserved. We hung in there for long periods and should have scored moments before they took the lead. We hit the inside of the post and has some other good chances in a strong 10 minute spell when 1-0 down but when they got the 2nd it was game over. Ref was throwing cards around in a game which I don't think needed it. Spoiled the game and by the end, frustration had got the better of us

The centre half for them (Errington?) was outstanding, as was Hayton up top, who I think got both goals. How a NL team with cash isn't paying Hayton £80+ a week to play for them I can't get my head around, far and away the best striker in the league.

We go again on Saturday at the Uni, which I think has been switched to the 4G. Huge game in our season but still such a long way to go. 10 league games left to play at this point is rediculous

Sure Jack Errington played for North Shields and Blyth Town if it's the same kid chinny.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:25 am 

If that’s the same kid then great signing for them. Like I say he looked very good.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:59 am 

footyfan1 wrote:
The Falcon wrote:

Totally agree Falcon.

At this time of the season, it becomes nearly a full time job. You turn up the game, and someone has spoilt in within 10 minutes.

I am sure Wallington do agree, and the fact they have agreed to write a report with us in support, confirms this.

A player swore at himself in frustration, not loud or excessive, and not aimed at anyone, and was sent off after 10 mins for ''swearing on the pitch''. Now I appreciate we can tall go around swearing, but if a player is to be sent off for swearing in frustration, we are going to be playing 6 a side very soon.

After several comments from fans, committee members, and both clubs, I think its fair to say it was a 1 off last night that I witnessed.

I must say, Wallington were excellent and punished us and deserved the win. Some great players there and a good set of lads. But Christ, what a waste of money and time when the game Is absolutely ruined after 10 mins!!!

I've got be honest though, swearing opens up a whole can of worms but I sympathise with your frustration, certainly when consistency is talked about.

But take the Birtley game, I've just watched their highlights and the Seaton fullback got sent off. Yes, it certainly seemed a foul (it just went out of camera shot) but what then happened after would definitely get a red in the Premier league on Match of the Day, but at our level? Referees are put under far too much scrutiny and someone somewhere is expecting them to referee games containing amateurs/local lads under the same intense rules professionals are under. It's killing us.

But getting back to the game, Wallington are on a marvellous run and have always been a handful.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:08 pm 

The Falcon wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:
The Falcon wrote:

Totally agree Falcon.

I've got be honest though, swearing opens up a whole can of worms but I sympathise with your frustration, certainly when consistency is talked about.

But take the Birtley game, I've just watched their highlights and the Seaton fullback got sent off. Yes, it certainly seemed a foul (it just went out of camera shot) but what then happened after would definitely get a red in the Premier league on Match of the Day, but at our level? Referees are put under far too much scrutiny and someone somewhere is expecting them to referee games containing amateurs/local lads under the same intense rules professionals are under. It's killing us.

But getting back to the game, Wallington are on a marvellous run and have always been a handful.

Did you look at the Birtley second yellow when you were on?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:16 pm 

Just have Colin.

Again, that was a yellow in the Premier League yet at our level it is simply a genuine attempt. If this continues clubs will be priced out of playing football. I'll say it again: we are NOT professionals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:48 pm 

daveysurrey wrote:
Sure Jack Errington played for North Shields and Blyth Town if it's the same kid chinny.

Was on the books at Burnley when he was 17 too! 8) He was very good but that laugh of his was abit annoying

Facebook: @BirtleyTownFC

Twitter: @BirtleyTFC