It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Club statement
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 pm 

Club statement

The club can confirm this evening that talks have been held with Killingworth Town FC regarding a possible merge for both clubs in season 2018/2019.

Talks have been very positive and both clubs share the same ambition of a Northern League club within the Killingworth area.

We can confirm this evening that an agreement has been reached between both clubs and next season will be the first for the newly formed club.

Both managers David Borley and Dean Nicholson are very excited about the news and are looking forward to a successful spell together starting next season.

More information will be released by both clubs in the near future.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Club statement
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:58 am 

Deano, are both clubs aware of the following rules regarding mergers? The timescales and league positions can be critical. For those people unaware, the two clubs concerned are Killingworth Town (Northern Alliance Premier) and Killingworth YPC (Northern Alliance Div 1).

6.5 If two or more Clubs (“the Merging Clubs”) are proposing a transaction or series of transactions that result in the merging or consolidation (“the Proposed Merger”) of those Clubs into one Club (“the Merged Club”) then a formal application to do so must be received by the LC and the league(s) of which the Merging Clubs are members by 31st December to be valid for the following Playing Season.

6.5.5 The Merged Club will ordinarily be placed at the lower of the Steps at which the Merging Clubs ended the Playing Season in which the application is made. For the purposes of this Regulation, if one of the Merging Clubs has finished that Playing Season in a relegation place, then they will be deemed to have ended the Playing Season at the Step to which they would have been relegated without the Proposed Merger proceeding.

http://www.northernfootballalliance.org ... gue-system

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 am 

Yeah mate. We have spoken with the league and we don't see any issues.

Suppose all we can do now is hope YPC finish in the top 2 of the 1st Division and we remain a member of the Premier League.

Exciting times ahead we hope.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 am 

Great idea Deano. Hope it go's well for Killy. Makes sense having the one club we did it at Birtley and after the initial teething problems its starting to gel nicely. Honestly i hope it go's well. See you Saturday.