It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Results Sat 26 Aug
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:03 pm 

Grainger Park 0-6 Birtley

Competitive game with a final result that flattered us if I'm being honest. They worked us hard, had some good moments of play, and were well in the game for over an hour until we got the 2nd goal. They then pushed for a goal last 20 mins and left gaps all over the pitch that we ruthlessly exploited.

I don't expect them to be down there come the end of the season as they have some good players, a bit more experience would do them wonders though. We wish them luck for the rest of the season and move onto a big game on Wednesday

Post subject: Re: Results Sat 26 Aug
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:16 pm 

Chinny wrote:
Grainger Park 0-6 Birtley

Competitive game with a final result that flattered us if I'm being honest. They worked us hard, had some good moments of play, and were well in the game for over an hour until we got the 2nd goal. They then pushed for a goal last 20 mins and left gaps all over the pitch that we ruthlessly exploited.

I don't expect them to be down there come the end of the season as they have some good players, a bit more experience would do them wonders though. We wish them luck for the rest of the season and move onto a big game on Wednesday

They have 11 Chinny? Heard a few rumours of them not recently? They done well first day at our place too.

Killingworth Town 2-0 Ashington Colliers.

Deserved win in the end. Another good 3 points against a side who will be there or there abouts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:41 pm 

Gateshead A 0-2 Rutherford

For one, I'm glad we played Gateshead early on and even more so we got a win because this team will improve. Their league position is a false position in my eyes and very soon they'll be a force in this division. But we scored two good goals and showed excellent defending by blocking everything they threw at us. Our keeper didn't have much to do but the four lads in front of him certainly did!

The game was hampered by an injury to the home keeper, whether it was concussion, whiplash or a mixture of both I don't know. But either way we're hoping for a speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:54 pm 

They brought at least one sub on so were fine numbers wise. Have the bones of a good squad just looked like they needed to add a couple with experience. Can be hard this time of year with holidays etc as everyone is missing a few players and it's hard to get the same side out Wednesday to Saturday. We're lucky enough to have a big squad at the moment but it's not always that easy