It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Results 23 Aug
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:30 pm 

Birtley 2-1 Ponteland

Complete opposite to Saturday for us. First half we were very good and I thought value for our 2-0 lead, albeit they will have been disappointed to lose the second goal just before half time.

2nd half we were second best for long spells and they had a few good chances to score before they finally got a breakthrough with 10 to go. We hung on in there and scrapped the points, but understand how Pont will feel given we found ourselves in their exact situation against the Uni last week. Their skipper is as good as anyone at this level and they are a tough team to play against.

On to the next one, and hopefully some players coming back from injury as well

Post subject: Re: Results 23 Aug
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:35 pm 

Uni 2-1 Killingworth Town.

Said it before and will say it again. if you finish above the Uni, you win the league IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:25 pm 

Northbank 1-1 Rutherford

Useful point on our longest trip of the season that was again midweek. After a goalless first half Northbank took the lead on the hour, but then we equalised within a minute or so.

Northbank then went down to 10 as a sub saw red and from then on we threw everything at them. Their keeper made some important saves and we also clipped the post. Plus their fullback made an excellent block on the line. We just couldn't find that 2nd goal that I felt we deserved so honours even.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:34 pm 

Having seen the Uni Saturday IMHO they wont win the league Killingworth for me.Agree with Chinny skipper for Pont very good last night but birtley stopped him playing in them areas he liked to get into just off the front man and dealt with him very well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:52 pm 

AMB wrote:
Having seen the Uni Saturday IMHO they wont win the league Killingworth for me.Agree with Chinny skipper for Pont very good last night but birtley stopped him playing in them areas he liked to get into just off the front man and dealt with him very well.

Haven't seen Pont yet so unsure who we mean.

Uni were decent last night and a draw prob fair. We went 1-0 up deserved but they have great movement and pace. Still a referee error decided the game. Stopped the game and gave a free kick, one of our players were down injured and allowed them to take the free kick leaving us with 10.

Nothing bitter, well done to them and all the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:57 pm 

Zak Bewley I think he's called. Different class to be fair should be playing up a level