Switch to full style
The unofficial discussion board for the Northern Alliance
Forum rules
Post a reply

League AGM (17/18)

Wed May 24, 2017 12:04 pm

The League AGM is on the Thursday 8th June

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:37 am

Seghill and Coundon & Leeholme I read on FB last night as the two teams accepted in to Div 2

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 am

ShortShorts wrote:Seghill and Coundon & Leeholme I read on FB last night as the two teams accepted in to Div 2



Does that mean Blyth Spartans reserves have been knocked back? Seen a lot on Facebook about them approaching players etc?

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:30 am

Yeah - from what their manager posted they'd been knocked back on 3 reasons:

1) Playing at Croft Park/ (sharing the pitch) would more than likely result in higher number of games called off
2) concerns about first team players who need match practice dropping down
3) there's already two teams in the 2nd Division who play in Blyth

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:18 pm

ShortShorts wrote:Yeah - from what their manager posted they'd been knocked back on 3 reasons:

1) Playing at Croft Park/ (sharing the pitch) would more than likely result in higher number of games called off
2) concerns about first team players who need match practice dropping down
3) there's already two teams in the 2nd Division who play in Blyth



Might need to re approach them players now and tell them the bad news.

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:24 pm

ShortShorts wrote:Yeah - from what their manager posted they'd been knocked back on 3 reasons:

1) Playing at Croft Park/ (sharing the pitch) would more than likely result in higher number of games called off
2) concerns about first team players who need match practice dropping down
3) there's already two teams in the 2nd Division who play in Blyth

but that's one of the idears of having a reserve side so 1st team players have some where to play if coming back from injury or loss of form. it happens at whitley bay.

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:33 am

I assume it's due to the level in drop involved especially down in to Div 2.

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:05 pm

ShortShorts wrote:Seghill and Coundon & Leeholme I read on FB last night as the two teams accepted in to Div 2


I've played against both recently- both will be well run and a tough proposition on the pitch. Two great additions for the Alliance.

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Is the Coundon team the old Bishop Res team Johnna

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:24 pm

It is Colin, but I think a few of the old Coundon backroom lads are back involved.

Perhaps I should have said I've played against all three teams in the last two seasons!

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Northern Alliance AGM was due to be held last night. Can anyone who was there confirm who has been accepted as new teams in the League?

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:53 pm

collingwood wrote:Northern Alliance AGM was due to be held last night. Can anyone who was there confirm who has been accepted as new teams in the League?



Couldon
Seghill

and due to Walker resigning, Blyth Spartans Res are in.

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Blyth Spartans Reserves
Coundon & Leeholme
Seghill FC
Winlaton Vulcans FC

Spittal Rovers tweeted the 4 new teams are in Division 2

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:43 am

Winlaton Vulcan is the Ryton and Crawcrook A from last season with name changed.

Re: League AGM (17/18)

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:00 pm

lowsa12 wrote:Winlaton Vulcan is the Ryton and Crawcrook A from last season with name changed.


Oh i didnt know that, thanks for that :)
Post a reply