It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Results 25th August
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:50 pm 

Just seen a great game of football at Purvis Park. Jimmy must be pulling his hair out because I'm sure beanie will agree Gateshead Rutherford absolutely battered Percy Main first half and no joke could and should have been six ot seven up by half time but somehow went in 0-0.

I honestly believe the first half Gateshead performance was easily a minimum top 3 nailed on performance.

The final result? Percy Main 4 Gateshead Rutherford 0

Second half Percy Main got into the game and final twenty minutes took every quality chance they provided and missed a pen well saved by Rob but nothing new there lol.

After the game Beanie said he didn't know how they won it but they did it by working hard and keeping their shape but a really entertaining game dont be surprised when Gateshead battered a team just hope it isn't us!

Post subject: Re: Results 25th August
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:46 pm 

Amble 7-0 hebburn Reyrolle

Amble won the game with 4 quality goals in the first half and then comfortably saw the game out with a further 3 goals.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:18 pm 

I didn't see the game today but by all accounts the ford should have been out of sight at half time but performances mean nothing unless you get the points.

Mick I think that's about the 28th penalty Rob has saved for rutherford in the last year lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:33 pm 

All I will say is football is a strange game which certainly works in roundabout ways as a very recent performance of ours should have seen us out of site at half time by 5 or 6, we got beat and zero points. 1st Half Ford should have been ahead by 4 or 5. Second half and especially last 20 we took control eventually and sored some excellent goals.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:07 pm 

Scratchy head time. We've had a nightmare start to this league campaign and as much as we love the game, right now football is proving to be a real cruel pain in the rear.

Great performance from us first half but that's the difference - failing to take chances. The 1st 1 on 1 was inside 2 minutes but we sent it wide. Very close, but still wide. Who knows what would have happened if that had went in, changed our season around perhaps?

Full credit to Percy Main. You could see that they regrouped and worked their socks off for the win, showing us how to do it by forcing the ball in when it mattered.

In a strange way I still enjoyed the game. Good blokes at Percy Main, honest players who play the game correctly and barely a bad tackle despite plenty hard ones. Well done to all 22+ players for that, competitive football with no silly handbags, just proper football from proper men.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:43 pm 

Birtley 6 - Seaton Burn 0

Great effort by all the lads today, worked hard and some good passing in the wet conditions.

To give Seaton Burn their due's they never gave up and kept working hard testing us till the end. They had a chance or two for a goal but there was no getting past the Birtley back five. When they did get their chance from the Penalty spot it was Barrett's second pen save in a week to keep anotherr clean sheet...

Birtley had a player sent off in the final minute for dissent.

Good game and glad it stopped raining.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:30 am 

Bedlington Terriers Reserves 3-0 Willington QS

Another good display from the Reserves
Goals from Scott Westaway 2, & Shaun Taggart

Under the new manager the Reserves have won both his 2 games in charge.
Next up is Morpeth Town A, Away on Wednesday

Programme Editor/Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:33 am 

Ashington Colliers 2-1 Carlisle City

Report here- http://carlislecityfc.com/#/news/4567532350