SHouse wrote:
didnt think your team was that bad last season

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you wouldnt you buggers beat us!

Post subject: Re: NEW SEASON PREDICTIONS
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:19 pm 

Snibor wrote:
Any thoughts on Divisions 1 & 2?
Appreciate that with so many new entrants Div 2 will be very hard to call.
What price Whitley Bay A Morpeth Town A, Bedlington Reserves Redhouse Farm Alnwick Town Reserves & Newcastle Benfield Reserves all with access to Northern League players?

Very little because any contract players now cannot play in our league

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:43 pm 

mickj2904 wrote:
Snibor wrote:
Any thoughts on Divisions 1 & 2?
Appreciate that with so many new entrants Div 2 will be very hard to call.
What price Whitley Bay A Morpeth Town A, Bedlington Reserves Redhouse Farm Alnwick Town Reserves & Newcastle Benfield Reserves all with access to Northern League players?

Very little because any contract players now cannot play in our league

My understanding from the League Secretary and a cursory review of the NL Website was that very few NL players had contracts last season.Well below 100 out of over 1000 players. I think Whitley Bay only had 4 or 5 and I don't think all of them were also registered with the Alliance. He certainly told me that it would not have a huge effect based on last seasons contracts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:33 pm 

My understanding from the League Secretary and a cursory review of the NL Website was that very few NL players had contracts last season.Well below 100 out of over 1000 players. I think Whitley Bay only had 4 or 5 and I don't think all of them were also registered with the Alliance. He certainly told me that it would not have a huge effect based on last seasons contracts[/quote]

yeah many are "in the desk" just incase so you are correct to be fair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:42 pm 

mickj2904 wrote:
My understanding from the League Secretary and a cursory review of the NL Website was that very few NL players had contracts last season.Well below 100 out of over 1000 players. I think Whitley Bay only had 4 or 5 and I don't think all of them were also registered with the Alliance. He certainly told me that it would not have a huge effect based on last seasons contracts

yeah many are "in the desk" just incase so you are correct to be fair[/quote]

'scuse my ignorance, does that mean that there's a hidden contract or just a (gentle)man's agreement?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:01 am 

Snibor wrote:
mickj2904 wrote:

yeah many are "in the desk" just incase so you are correct to be fair

'scuse my ignorance, does that mean that there's a hidden contract or just a (gentle)man's agreement?[/quote]

There is only one form you can use from the FA to register a contracted player whether it's Drogba or a Northern League player. I know some of clubs that get the form filled in and signed but not dated. It's kept in the draw. If a club comes in the veiled threat of either you pay or we register it and then you pay is sort of the way it's done. The players continue to get paid of course as per contact but it's fairly understood what is happening, so as for contracted players you are right they officially won't be registered as contract players. So can play in our league.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:36 am 

top 3

carlisle city
amble utd
heaton stann

wouldn't like to say who'd end up in the bottom 3 as everybody's probably signing a few new players and itll take a while for the league to shape up

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:52 am 

Newcastle Benfield are doing a development set up with an U18's, U21's, and a reserve team which will have decent experience around a young side, the idea being to bring the young lads through to either the Northern Alliance Team, then Northern League or the Pro game.

Can new players for the whole set up contact Tim Hutchinson on 07725597008

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:15 pm 

In Div 2, Birtley St Josephs have moved across from the Durham alliance where we finished 5th last season.

Looking forward to the new challenge of the northern alliance, and i am sure our lads would like to give a good account of ourselves.

Great set of lads, lots who have played together most of their footballing lives.

We've got lush new strips as well... :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:45 am 

mr beat will be charging you more for subs then if you have new strips ha ha.

birtley have a good set up and i would imagine they will be thereabouts come the end of the season as well.

colin has done a fantastic job with that club and when breaking away from the birtley town set up was the best thing they done good luck and i think it will be a good first year for them

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:13 am 

AMB, Colins kept the subs the same as last year. He's doing a great job with the club and I've been very impressed in the short time I've been involved.

I'd love us to be in contention for promotion at 1st time of asking, we'll give it our best shot and see how it goes. The move across from Durham Alliance is a very positive step for us.

Looking forward to being back in the Northern Alliance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 am 

As a Gateshead lad at a Gateshead club, I think it's great that a Birtley team has joined the Alliance.

I watched Birtley St Josephs a while back and they seemed a decent side with decent lads. The pitch was heavy that day but it was on a weekend when many other games were postponed due to the rain. Best of luck to them

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:37 pm 

Hexham won Division 2 convincingly and with same young group of players can go straight through Division 1 this time round.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:53 pm 

Being a birtley lad and having played fOr birtley st Joseph's as a school boy I'm looking forward to seeing them bk! Good luck!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:12 am 

I have watched a few friendlies Pre season and there are a few decent teams about. Of the 2nd division, newcastle benfield reserves played longbenton and it was 1-1 with longbenton have the most of the chances and should of won by 3 or 4 however benfield looked a capable and dangerous team with a forward called matty Hayton is a goalscorer.

On that performance if these 2 teams can play to that level I would expect these 2teams to be near the top of the pile.

Blyth isabella aren't a bad team and can cause problems.

Don't know anything about wooler, birtley.