Switch to full style
The only place for the CLS latest
Forum rules
Post a reply

Ryhope CW V CLS

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:15 pm

Crackin game, crackin result ...... 1 - 11 all on their game.

Totally different demeanour to the whole team as they took to the pitch - looked confident, plenty of banter, plenty of encouragement rather than the usual whinging (even Steva !) :-)

Ryhope are a big old team but all through the spine of the side battles were won - some great saves by Jack Wilson, much more comfortable being forced to stay on his line, DHepps & Moley immense against some strong play - both got kicked all game but dug in and kept going, in midfield JackieH & Dan McGuire standing out. Great finish by Dan for his goal. Pleased for Dom - some pretty impressive stats for this season given the games he's played and the goals he's scored often without any great service.

MOTM : DHepps - battered and bruised by the end of the game - great defending, covering the channels and stepping into the middle to win balls well up the field
Last edited by Hodko on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ryhope CW V CLS

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Hodko wrote:Crackin game, crackin result ...... 1 - 11 all on their game.

Totally different demeanour to the whole team as they took to the pitch - looked confident, plenty of banter, plenty of encouragement rather than the usual whinging (even Steva !) :-)

Ryhope are a big old team but all through the spine of the side battles were won - some great saves by Jack Wilson, much more comfortable being forced to stay on his time, DHepps & Moley immense against some strong play - both got kicked all game but dug in and kept going, in midfield JackieH & Dan McGuire standing out. Great finish by Dan for his goal. Pleased for Dom - some pretty impressive stats for this season given the games he's played and the goals he's scored often without any great service.

MOTM : DHepps - battered and bruised by the end of the game - great defending, covering the channels and stepping into the middle to win balls well up the field

I never knew Steva whinged haha

Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Neil_Smith_SP wrote:
Hodko wrote:Crackin game, crackin result ...... 1 - 11 all on their game.

Ryhope are a big old team but all through the spine of the side battles were won - some great saves by Jack Wilson, much more comfortable being forced to stay on his time, DHepps & Moley immense against some strong play - both got kicked all game but dug in and kept going, in midfield JackieH & Dan McGuire standing out. Great finish by Dan for his goal. Pleased for Dom - some pretty impressive stats for this season given the games he's played and the goals he's scored often without any great service.

I never knew Steva whinged haha

Not saying it's every game ...... oh ...... :shock:

Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:34 pm

I have seen Chester le Street twice recently and am amazed at the league position. I said as much to Baz Fleming at RCW and he explained about the problems they face in keeping a regular formation due to unavailability etc.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 pm

I'll whinge every game if it keeps us up fellas

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Great performance on Tuesday we actually played well for two halves. Still should have been well ahead at ht missed chances galore and didn't,t capitalise on great situations. Went 3 1 up deservedly then RCW started to get physical and they came back into the game. However a great fourth goal totally unselfish play from Moley to give Dom a deserved hat trick settled the nerves and gave us exactly what we deserved. Nice to walk away from a ground as a winner, the lads gave everything and I feel unfair to single anyone out so 11 MOM.

Keep whinging Stevo !!! Ha
Post a reply