It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: CLS vs Bishop Auckland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:19 pm 

Another great performance from the lads today. Worked hard for each other off the ball and trying to be positive in possession. Unlucky to concede late on in the game but if you give away stupid fouls and give teams a free hit into your box then your asking for trouble. Performances have been excellent in the last 4 games hopefully we can keep it up.

Post subject: Re: CLS vs Bishop Auckland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:47 am 

Having missed the last 4 games and some great performances what a pleasure it was to see a fine team performance only to be beaten by a last minute goal I thought we were going to hang on for a point but not to be - hopefully we can continue performances like this for the rest of the season and get some just rewards from the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:36 am 

Another very good performance and I thought we deserved at least a point from the game. More organised and more comfortable on the ball than we have been in the past. Still not sure how they finished with 11 men on the pitch with some poor refereeing decisions but it was a good game to watch with Bishops resorting to pumping long high balls into the box which finally paid dividends late on. Thought both centre backs played well today but Kegs my MOM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:21 pm 

Excellent performance ...... fully deserving of at least a point ..... gutted at the full time whistle.

Jack Wilson ..... makes some great saves but needs to command his area more ...... could he have done better for the 3rd goal? No blame - he'd kept us in it again with a couple of excellent saves.

DHepps & Kegs superb at the back, was a little worried when I saw Alex White at LB but he had a cracking game too.

Left hand side combination looked dangerous & compact in the 1st half - best 45 mins for CLS from Joe Hailles. Could have done with more from DaveyS & Steva's on the otherside.

Jackie Honour scrapping about for everything, with McGuire alongside him playing a very decent game - neat, tidy, tackled hard and looked to get forward ...... reminded me of a young Jake Stafford ! :-)

Upfront - good to see Moley back playing, good goal by Davey Latham. Young lad on 2nd half looked to be a flier, not sure he needs to be off & running so quickly ...... number of offsides could get frustrating.

MOTM : Kegs ...... just ...... ahead of Dan McGuire ..... just ...... up for the battle against their mountain of a centre forward.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:40 pm 

Tough on the lads on Saturday conceding so late but that's what happens when we give really stupid free kicks away in areas where a tackle is not that necessary just a bit if hustle. Everyone played really well and Joe H and Alex have literally been revelations these last few weeks showing what decent players they are and why they were brought into the club. Looks like a bit of a find in the middle of the park with young Dan and nice to see Moley and Davey L playing well together up front. Have to agree Kegs and D Hepps were excellent and have been for the last few weeks, Dan regaining his form from last season after one or two shaky weeks. Maybe the top hierarchy will now and again give us a bit of a beating but with that commitment, spirit and no little skill on show I feel we can compete with most of the other sides in the league and occasionally give one of the top sides a bit of a shock.