It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Ashington game
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:13 am 

Cracking game of football and how unlucky were we not to come away with anything. Great battling performance by everyone however game a bit spoiled by a sunday morning refereeing display. The man in black was poor to say the least. Gave as good as we got from Ashington and should have nicked a point late on firstly with maz free kick (when luck is for you that hits the inside of the post and goes in) and Kegs chance from Doms cross which if it just had of hit him instead of him making good contact it would have went in and then Hepps (M) goal that too be fair looked JUST offside but it was mighty close as we were in direct line just behind the liner. Luck not with us at the moment (maybe last night was a turning point at Spenny) lets hope so. Another tough game on Saturday at home to Morpeth but I am sure the lads will again give everything they can

Post subject: Re: Ashington game
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:13 pm 

Have to agree with what you have already said.....our penalty was 'soft' (although I have to say I didnt see anything that you would not normally see on a set piece) but Ashington's was non-existent and whilst you might admire him, it doesn't help when referee admits he may have got it wrong. Thought Ashington retained the ball better than us in the first half but didn't threaten too much....I think we scored from the first venture into their area and probably the first time we had strung a couple of passes together. The goals we did concede were poor to be honest. Second half was much better and we put more pressure on their defence and created a number of chances but sadly failed to take them. Definitely more than good value for a point and maybe even all three but that's football. Still think we are VERY nervous on the ball, conceding possession which puts us back under pressure and just need to relax a bit more....of course its an easy game from the sidelines. These are winnable games that are passing us by though and that's the worry. :shock: