It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: North Shields 2-0 CLS Town - FA Vase
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:56 pm 

Well I missed last Saturday at Penrith, I said my bit snot the defeat during the weekend and yesterday seen us face a massive task against for me the best side I have played against this season.

That said we were outstanding, defensively solid up until 79 minutes when Az should have cleared but then a foul on him on the byline was somehow given as a corner which as per norm this season was a free strike for Dan Wilson tapped in by Gaz.
Up until then we more than matched North Shields, we kept our shape very well and created numerous chances ourselves.
Much better craic on the pitch and everyone put in a shift, really enjoyed playing in the game but we just came up short

All the best to Shields for the remainder of the season

Post subject: Re: North Shields 2-0 CLS Town - FA Vase
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:55 am 

I and everyone I talked to thought the lads were tremendous on Saturday. We more than matched NShields for 70 minutes and only succumbed to a scrappy effort from a corner and a bit of a worldy. We were at the far end so couldn't see clearly if Assa was fouled but we were willing him to stop messing around and send it over the fence for a throw, dodgy corner and 1 down. The second was a great strike, would have to be to beat Jack from there the form he is in and we were out. We had chances, Pecky dragged one wide when on his left peg I would have put money on him hitting the target. Hepps (M) brought a good save out of Kyle Hayes and we had a few more situations that with the ball running a bit kinder we would have got an effort in on goals. Great effort for everyone concerned and showed we can more than match the "big boys" when we get our heads down and have a bit of the rub of the green. Well done lads

Post subject: Re: North Shields 2-0 CLS Town - FA Vase
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:32 pm 

A very good performance on Saturday and felt a little disappointed for the lads as they deserved something out of the game...the better team first half and NS only really created more opportunities in the second half because we were chasing the game...I have watched the video highlights and it looks like a nailed-on foul on Az that leads to the corner and first goal (although I suspect the NS guys will feel otherwise), and would probably agree that getting rid would have been a better option but that's with hindsight and I though Az did well against Morris's pace so it would be harsh to criticize. Perhaps more at fault was the marking from the subsequent corner......second goal was a belter, although again, as a result of failing to clear our lines.....but it was a cruel blow for all the effort we put in......it certainly highlights the difference in taking advantage of mistakes.

We created chances and played in a much more disciplined manner against a team that will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season so very encouraging going in to Tuesdays game. Its the margins that make the difference and at some point they will go in our favour.