It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Consett 9-0 CLS Town
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:56 am 

The first half was simply shameful.
Sat watching in disbelief at some of the worst individual errors in all my time in the Northern league, a total lack of heart and pride.
I'll be completely honest I didn't even want to go on but went on at half time and yes Consett only scored two more but being honest it wasn't down to us it was because they stepped right off their game.
It goes without saying we owe the whole club a performance on Wednesday night.

Finally and I will speak on behalf of the squad, apologies to the management, committee and supporters for such an embarrassing afternoon.

Post subject: Re: Consett 9-0 CLS Town
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:53 am 

Was painful to watch as a CLS supporter. Every time Consett went forward it looked like they would score. Cannot believe Danny Craggs who is not the tallest in the world scored two unopposed headers - surely not. We didn't seem to be able to get near their players anywhere on the pitch - the left back was sick of running in the end he had so much space!!! never mind onwards to WAC on Wednesday and the vase next Saturday. Everyone has to put this behind them and come out fighting as a club on wednesday

Post subject: Re: Consett 9-0 CLS Town
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:52 pm 

That's the second time (first being Seaham) that we just didn't get out of the blocks and whilst Consett were fully deserving of their victory, man-for-man I don't think they were exceptional.....not sour grapes just feel we have played better teams and not capitulated in that way....game was over before 15 minutes had gone, and that was all too evident in the lads performance. Would disagree with Maz in that I wouldn't question the heart and pride I just thought that confidence was shot after that start.....yes pride, fight, effort all play a part but it has to be channelled.....players not doing basics and afraid to take risks lead to the team playing within themselves....making uncharacteristic mistakes and making the wrong decisions.

Similar thoughts though....its three points....put it behind you and move on....we know that we are better than that and have an opportunity tomorrow night to put that right....no point in dwelling on the past (yes learn from it) but focus on one game at a time.