It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: CLS Town 2-2 Jarrow Roofing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:40 pm 

Quite enjoyed watching this game to be honest but could understand both sets of players getting frustrated at some very strange decisions from a ref that up until this season I rated highly however it seems in the 6 games I've seen her and that includes 4 as a neutral she seems to have developed an arrogance and seemed to miss blatant fouls then make up for it by giving outrageous decisions, Jarrow denied two blatant corners late on when she failed to see two massive deflections... Anyway that's my ref rant.

1st 15 minutes I thought we passed it well and should have lead through Hepps but fair play the keeper mate a great stop them the half deterioted with neither sad passing the ball well that said Roofing scored a good goal after decent play from
the winger.

2nd half I thought we were very very good and were unlucky to concede in the last minute.
i thought Calvin Smith was very good for Roofing and Moley was brilliant up tops winning 99% of his headers and scoring two well taken penalties but MOM for me was Kegs, he was brilliant up against Chowy and then Mackay when he came on.

Post subject: Re: CLS Town 2-2 Jarrow Roofing
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:13 am 

Thought we were desperately unlucky on Saturday and whilst we cannot blame the officials you have to question where they got 7 minutes of added time from and how Jarrow finished with 11 men on the pitch....but that's football and I'm sure things even themselves up over the course of the season. I agree with Maz that there were equally some puzzling decisions against Jarrow too (although maybe less game-changing).

I thought Jarrow took the lead with what must have been their only attempt on target in the first half, but it could have got worse early in the second half with Jack Wilson making a point-blank save just after half time....the game could have been beyond us had that gone in. We rallied and were much the better team....we changed the shape slightly which immediately reaped rewards with the two penalties and deservedly so. Jarrow applied a lot of pressure hoisting the high ball into the box and whilst we dealt with most of what they threw at us they managed to bundle one over the line for an equaliser in the 96th min....game changers were a nailed on red which should have been shown after a reaction from the Jarrow defender before their goal and the additional time added on. Whilst three points would have been welcome we have to be happy with a point (although felt like a loss at the time).

Overall we are showing a lot more resilience and more than matching some teams....we need to be as clinical as some of the teams we are playing against though....small margins but they make the difference. On Saturday we have to give a lot of credit to Jack Wilson who I thought deserved our MOM.....some crucial stops and could arguably have been fouled for the equalising goal.

Post subject: Re: CLS Town 2-2 Jarrow Roofing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:53 am 

Yep feels like a loss. I thought the game was a good game to watch and I thought we shaded the first half despite being a goal down. Second half I thought we played very well and Moley took his two spot kicks perfectly. I thought we would hang on but fair play to Roofing they kept going and got a reward. Will not comment on the kicking incident as having heard the refs explanation it just made me more angry. MOM can't decide between Kegs , Moley or Jack. Nice to see Hepps(D) back albeit on an injury to Pecky who was again excellent whilst he was on the pitch. Dan came on and didn't let anyone down at all after his absence. Keep fighting lads