It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: v Ryhope CW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:58 am 

Great result and performance in very difficult conditions. Every man gave their all against a good side coming off a very good result against the best side in this league. If you give Ryhope time to play they will hurt you but we got into them early and didn't let up on closing down quickly and showed a great level of fitness. Great take by Scotty for the goal and we held on amid a fair bit of pressure to ease to a good win. Not sure I can give an MOM as everyone contributed closing down and chasing from front to back. On to the wide open green pastures of Billingham T Saturday and hopefully another three points

Post subject: Re: v Ryhope CW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:19 am 

cant argue with any of that well done :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:32 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
Great result and performance in very difficult conditions. Every man gave their all against a good side coming off a very good result against the best side in this league. If you give Ryhope time to play they will hurt you but we got into them early and didn't let up on closing down quickly and showed a great level of fitness. Great take by Scotty for the goal and we held on amid a fair bit of pressure to ease to a good win. Not sure I can give an MOM as everyone contributed closing down and chasing from front to back. On to the wide open green pastures of Billingham T Saturday and hopefully another three points

Best side in the league? Surely a side who 5 points clear, won 16 straight league games, and beat Washy 5-2 must have a chance of that aswell.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:32 am 

In my opinion the best side we have played this season is by far Washington. They smacked us 5-3 in the DCC and hammered us 4-0 in the league. I thought Seaham were a good side when we played them in Sept but we had lots of chances against you and I thought the 3-1 score flattered you a bit. I think both will get promotion along with Team North but in my humble opinion Washington are the best I have seen this season against CLS. The game is all about opinions!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:53 am 

Cestrian wrote:
In my opinion the best side we have played this season is by far Washington. They smacked us 5-3 in the DCC and hammered us 4-0 in the league. I thought Seaham were a good side when we played them in Sept but we had lots of chances against you and I thought the 3-1 score flattered you a bit. I think both will get promotion along with Team North but in my humble opinion Washington are the best I have seen this season against CLS. The game is all about opinions!!

Your right, its about opinions. Personally, I would always think the team at the top of the table, especially by 5 points, at this stage of this season is the best but its opinions. Also, beating a team like CLS 3-1 is a good result, especially with 10 men for 75 minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 pm 

Fair enough but your guy (Gordon I think) was sent off after half an hour not 15 mins but still a good effort from Seaham to win 3-1. Maybe Washington is just a side that likes the way we play and can hurt us more than others and Jamesy always plays a blinder against us - sick of the sight of him this season :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:19 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
Fair enough but your guy (Gordon I think) was sent off after half an hour not 15 mins but still a good effort from Seaham to win 3-1. Maybe Washington is just a side that likes the way we play and can hurt us more than others and Jamesy always plays a blinder against us - sick of the sight of him this season :lol:

Yeah he scored 2 past us too!! All the best for the rest of the season anyway mate :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:31 pm 

The 3 best sides that we have played so far this year have been Seaham Team North and Washington, and I was massively impressed with the football played by Hebburn in all 3 games.
Seaham gave us a football lesson before davey got sent off and only then did we dominate for the rest of the half, but for 10 men to keep the ball so well for the second half and be a constant threat was a testament to the quality and work ethic in their dressing room.
Team north gave us another football lesson in ball retention in first half in the first game but second time up on a heavy bumpy pitch we gave a better account of ourselves.
Washington well in all 3 games we have been under the cosh for the majority of the game and I feel we have came off deservidly second best. The fact that quite a few of the washy lads are ex chester players may give them another little incentive, but I personally feel that they have 2 of the most destructive players on their day in the league in fairley and coghlan never mind winn davison and walton. We on the times we have played them just haven't been able to deal with them.
Who will go up, well for me its seaham and washy +1 other and the third is still all to play for but the fire power that both seaham and washy have should see them safely in the top spots.
Deano settle down man, your right the league table doesn't lie, but it will tell a better story in march and april. Just keep doing what you's are doing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:32 am 

Skipper wrote:
The 3 best sides that we have played so far this year have been Seaham Team North and Washington, and I was massively impressed with the football played by Hebburn in all 3 games.
Seaham gave us a football lesson before davey got sent off and only then did we dominate for the rest of the half, but for 10 men to keep the ball so well for the second half and be a constant threat was a testament to the quality and work ethic in their dressing room.
Team north gave us another football lesson in ball retention in first half in the first game but second time up on a heavy bumpy pitch we gave a better account of ourselves.
Washington well in all 3 games we have been under the cosh for the majority of the game and I feel we have came off deservidly second best. The fact that quite a few of the washy lads are ex chester players may give them another little incentive, but I personally feel that they have 2 of the most destructive players on their day in the league in fairley and coghlan never mind winn davison and walton. We on the times we have played them just haven't been able to deal with them.
Who will go up, well for me its seaham and washy +1 other and the third is still all to play for but the fire power that both seaham and washy have should see them safely in the top spots.
Deano settle down man, your right the league table doesn't lie, but it will tell a better story in march and april. Just keep doing what you's are doing.

Thanks for that mate. Suppose uit was a little bite from me, haha! All the best lads.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:16 am 

Seaham assured of a warm welcome to the Moor on Jan 24th as usual :lol: As the boss says Seaham and Washy as good as it gets in this league and I think team North just might get that third place if they ever learn to have a shot from more than 10 yards and stop trying to walk the ball into the net