It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:21 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: CLS 0-1 Whickham
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 am 

Well a bad day at the office both personally and collectively.
I felt my ankle in the warm up and still played done myself no favours and contributed very little.
The back 3 were outstanding however everything in front was poor to say the least. Offensively we were shocking.
Whickhams Front two worked their socks off, got their arses in and held ball up the amount of times our first touch in the attacking play took us into bother or lost us possession was unreal and it has to improve. The goal was a shocker, never a foul as patta got to the ball 1st and their lad clipped him however the score side footed the ball passed the wall and in, now surely the wall has to be position to cover a yard past the post!

As for whickham thoroughly deserved winners,defended well and played the ball up tops sharpe but the key thing was their front 3 held it up.

We can't beat ourselves too much or be too negative we have to bounce back.

Post subject: Re: CLS 0-1 Whickham
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:02 pm 

Early season inconsistency ..... bah !

All the good things from Wednesday night, missing on Saturday afternoon.

Back 3 stood up well ..... young Joe in particular took a battering but came back for more.

Midfield didn't get going - no one able to get up and beyond Telfy & JJ, who did their usual running but mostly across the pitch rather than anything they could run after and onto. We didn't get a run on 36 year old Kris Holmes all game, was only when JF came on to rough him up did he think he was in a game.

Missing Robbie Draper's energy and a forward substitute option ..... Perry & Gill worth a look ?

MOTM: Kegs ..... picking up from last season with some aggressive tackling.

Tough game on Tuesday with Birtley starting well

Post subject: Re: CLS 0-1 Whickham
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:05 am 

All I can say to anyone not in the know, is that we are working hard behind the scenes to bring in 1 or 2 options to allow us to be better on the front foot, liam gill has signed but before the season began agreed to stay at siksworth, and I love loyalty like that so have no complaints with a lad keeping to his word. Jamie perry has just went on holiday for a fortnight on Friday so will be missing for a fortnight.
Frustrating at the minute, but with the hours baz and I are putting in hopefully, we can source a solution.
On the game, I can't disagree with anything that has been said, but maybe the amount of games the lads have played of late had an effect on the legs as most played 3 games last weekend then wed and thur, I know it led to elliott salicki's injury thrusday night and most probablies hessies on sat.
Its only one game and no one was more disapointed than me at the manner of the defeat, but let's see if we get a reaction in tuesday's derby.