It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Ryhope CW V CLS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:15 pm 

Crackin game, crackin result ...... 1 - 11 all on their game.

Totally different demeanour to the whole team as they took to the pitch - looked confident, plenty of banter, plenty of encouragement rather than the usual whinging (even Steva !) :-)

Ryhope are a big old team but all through the spine of the side battles were won - some great saves by Jack Wilson, much more comfortable being forced to stay on his line, DHepps & Moley immense against some strong play - both got kicked all game but dug in and kept going, in midfield JackieH & Dan McGuire standing out. Great finish by Dan for his goal. Pleased for Dom - some pretty impressive stats for this season given the games he's played and the goals he's scored often without any great service.

MOTM : DHepps - battered and bruised by the end of the game - great defending, covering the channels and stepping into the middle to win balls well up the field

Last edited by Hodko on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ryhope CW V CLS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 pm 

Hodko wrote:

Totally different demeanour to the whole team as they took to the pitch - looked confident, plenty of banter, plenty of encouragement rather than the usual whinging (even Steva !) :-)

Ryhope are a big old team but all through the spine of the side battles were won - some great saves by Jack Wilson, much more comfortable being forced to stay on his time, DHepps & Moley immense against some strong play - both got kicked all game but dug in and kept going, in midfield JackieH & Dan McGuire standing out. Great finish by Dan for his goal. Pleased for Dom - some pretty impressive stats for this season given the games he's played and the goals he's scored often without any great service.

MOTM : DHepps - battered and bruised by the end of the game - great defending, covering the channels and stepping into the middle to win balls well up the field

I never knew Steva whinged haha

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NeilSmithSportsPhotography/
Twitter: @NeilSmithSP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:08 pm 

Neil_Smith_SP wrote:
Hodko wrote:

Ryhope are a big old team but all through the spine of the side battles were won - some great saves by Jack Wilson, much more comfortable being forced to stay on his time, DHepps & Moley immense against some strong play - both got kicked all game but dug in and kept going, in midfield JackieH & Dan McGuire standing out. Great finish by Dan for his goal. Pleased for Dom - some pretty impressive stats for this season given the games he's played and the goals he's scored often without any great service.

I never knew Steva whinged haha

Not saying it's every game ...... oh ...... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:34 pm 

I have seen Chester le Street twice recently and am amazed at the league position. I said as much to Baz Fleming at RCW and he explained about the problems they face in keeping a regular formation due to unavailability etc.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 pm 

I'll whinge every game if it keeps us up fellas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:18 pm 

Great performance on Tuesday we actually played well for two halves. Still should have been well ahead at ht missed chances galore and didn't,t capitalise on great situations. Went 3 1 up deservedly then RCW started to get physical and they came back into the game. However a great fourth goal totally unselfish play from Moley to give Dom a deserved hat trick settled the nerves and gave us exactly what we deserved. Nice to walk away from a ground as a winner, the lads gave everything and I feel unfair to single anyone out so 11 MOM.

Keep whinging Stevo !!! Ha