It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Micky Carroll Stand in Mourning (Part 2)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:49 pm 

Gasps followed by sobs of despair filled the air in the office today ..... no the coffee machine wasn't on the blink, the printers hadn't ran out of paper and the hot lass in the corner hadn't handed her notice in !

It was worse, much worse ...... Scotty Donaldson has left the Cestrians !

OK, it's happened before but that wasn't the Scotty we see these days.

Top performer week in week out, weighed down a little this season with the Captaincy but you wouldn't have given the armband to anyone else. Always a very good tackler, he's now an excellent reader of the game and his passing is also vastly improved.

Hodko led the tributes "...... I realised that by giving Donnas my Player of the Season nomnation at the end of last season, that it was probably the last we'd see of him. Happy that he returned this season and looked to be forming a very good partnership with the (now missing) Michael Robson. Taking on the Captaincy he helped the new goalie and right back to settle in. Looking at my highly viewed & respected ahem :shock: , match analysis for this season, you'll see that the "unofficial" MOTM awards have gone to Donnas numerous times - shows how valuable he is to CLS. Top bloke & a massive miss !"

All the best Donnas !

Post subject: Re: Micky Carroll Stand in Mourning (Part 2)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm 

Hodko thank you very much for this post, it means alot!!

Making the decision to move from chester was a very hard decision as I think the world of wakey, dava and every single commitee member and volunteer that's puts in 110% week in week out!! The reason for my move is to test myself in div 1! And I will be returning to watch the cestrians as much as I can!

I wish all the best to the club and all the lads in which am sure will be a successful season:)

Thanks again hodko :)

Donaz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:10 am 

The last of the much heralded back five from late last season to leave. Rooksy. Luke, Delta, Dan and Donnas were the best back five seen at Chester for many a year and the club wishes them all the very best. Good luck to Donnas at Shields and in Div 1 and no one at all can blame a player for moving on up and testing themselves against better players. Next time I see you in the River bar or the Havelock mate you can get me a pint as i had to sign those bloody transfer forms which was a massive chore to do.

cheers

lenny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:24 am 

Had the pleasure :shock: of playing alongside him on a Sunday last season, where he strolled around most of the time as he reads the game so well, never seemed to be under any sort of pressure, shame his lass wont let him play no more :wink:

He'll be a massive miss for Chester as he's a quality centre half and a top fella to have in the changing room, although he does own some the most horrific jumpers ever seen by man.

Good luck fella.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:29 am 

Lenny thanks again Lenny and that pint will definately be coming your way today:)
I will see you today at the match am coming along.

And malarky cheers for your comments mate, and my lass says if she finds out who you are she will ring your neck!!! Hahahaha (joke)

Cheers again fellas and come on Chester!!!