It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:09 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 114
Location: By The Seaside
Windy1970 wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
A bit of massacre today: Jarrow FC Reserves 1-30 Sunderland Town End

They are now a farce. They must be the worst Saturday football side in the country. Are these lads getting any coaching? The answer must be no surely.What point is there for them to carry on l? as they are getting worse and there's no sign of any improvement. No development from them just regression. Knock it on the head lads. I hate to have said that but sometimes you have to be brutally homest to be kind.

I guess they must struggle to actually put a team out every week? Hopefully they can start to turn things around. Before the few players that turn up week in week out, decide to throw the towel in.


Checked on the Wearside League site and they had 4 substitutes for last week's game and all were used.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 26
Any particular reason as to why one league is three from five subs and the other five from seven subs. What happens in the cup competitions when a development side meets a wearside league side.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:25 pm
Posts: 28
The last two results must be devastating for the management and players ,no doubt, however I for one think these guys deserve a medal fo perseverance and for not throwing the towel in . I don’t know how the manager felt during these last two games but let’s join in congratulating him for his loyalty and commitment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 26
footiefan boss wrote:
The last two results must be devastating for the management and players ,no doubt, however I for one think these guys deserve a medal fo perseverance and for not throwing the towel in . I don’t know how the manager felt during these last two games but let’s join in congratulating him for his loyalty and commitment.

Couldn't agree more. I thought they would have chucked it at the end of last season when they failed to get a single point. There will be some celebration when these chaps do eventually get some points.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 0
Location: Coxhoe
footiefan boss wrote:
The last two results must be devastating for the management and players ,no doubt, however I for one think these guys deserve a medal fo perseverance and for not throwing the towel in . I don’t know how the manager felt during these last two games but let’s join in congratulating him for his loyalty and commitment.


This 100%. Easy to kick a man when he's down. Credit to the management team and every player for keeping it going. Jarrow FC are a good club and deserve their luck to turn.

_________________
http://www.coxhoeathleticfc.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 18
the little fella wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
A bit of massacre today: Jarrow FC Reserves 1-30 Sunderland Town End

They are now a farce. They must be the worst Saturday football side in the country. Are these lads getting any coaching? The answer must be no surely.What point is there for them to carry on l? as they are getting worse and there's no sign of any improvement. No development from them just regression. Knock it on the head lads. I hate to have said that but sometimes you have to be brutally homest to be kind.



Personally I think this is one of the most shameful posts I've ever seen on NLZ, who are you to sit in your big white tower asking questions of a manager and a set of lads who turn up week in week out, accept what happens give 100% and then do it all again the following week..... :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 114
Location: By The Seaside
Beechfield wrote:
footiefan boss wrote:
The last two results must be devastating for the management and players ,no doubt, however I for one think these guys deserve a medal fo perseverance and for not throwing the towel in . I don’t know how the manager felt during these last two games but let’s join in congratulating him for his loyalty and commitment.


This 100%. Easy to kick a man when he's down. Credit to the managementheand every player keeping it going. Jarrow FC are a good club and deserve their luck to turn.

Luck? How unlucky have they been to lose 1-30 at home? Conceding 77 goals in just 4 games I fail to see any credit, just a lot of debit. I was brought up on being cruel to be kind or in other words brutally honest. It's pointless for this team to carry on as they were pointless last season and they are most likely to finish pointless this season. Of course the manager is going to be loyal and committed if people are going to praise and congratulate him despite such abject failure.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 0
Location: Coxhoe
the little fella wrote:
Beechfield wrote:
footiefan boss wrote:
The last two results must be devastating for the management and players ,no doubt, however I for one think these guys deserve a medal fo perseverance and for not throwing the towel in . I don’t know how the manager felt during these last two games but let’s join in congratulating him for his loyalty and commitment.


This 100%. Easy to kick a man when he's down. Credit to the managementheand every player keeping it going. Jarrow FC are a good club and deserve their luck to turn.

Luck? How unlucky have they been to lose 1-30 at home? Conceding 77 goals in just 4 games I fail to see any credit, just a lot of debit. I was brought up on being cruel to be kind or in other words brutally honest. It's pointless for this team to carry on as they were pointless last season and they are most likely to finish pointless this season. Of course the manager is going to be loyal and committed if people are going to praise and congratulate him despite such abject failure.


Oh behave yourself TLF, spouting off on here with your sanctimonious attitude. The ethos of team doesn't only exist in Redcar. Has it not occurred to you that despite the regular thrashings these lads receive, they enjoy the company of each other, they stick together, they are a team, win, lose (which they always seem to do) or draw. They are in it not to win it but for the togetherness that comes from belonging, being part of something and working at it.
Get off your high horse, even Redcar Athletic had to start somewhere and look where it's took you. Stands sold out to season ticket holders and your own beer.

_________________
http://www.coxhoeathleticfc.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 114
Location: By The Seaside
Still Learning. wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
A bit of massacre today: Jarrow FC Reserves 1-30 Sunderland Town End

They are now a farce. They must be the worst Saturday football side in the country. Are these lads getting any coaching? The answer must be no surely.What point is there for them to carry on l? as they are getting worse and anyonere's no sign of any improvement. No development from them just regression. Knock it on the head lads. I hate to have said that but sometimes you have to be brutally homest to be kind.



Personally I think this is one of the most shameful posts I've ever seen on NLZ, who are you to sit in your big white tower asking questions of a manager and a set of lads who turn up week in week out, accept what happens give 100% and then do it all again the following week..... :evil:

No I disagree as I believe it's one of the most brutally honest posts on NLZ. Not knocking players as well done them for turning up. But come on, what on earth are they learning from this? That there is nothing wrong about conceding 77 goals in 4 games because abject failure is something to be celebrated. I would not get any joy out of beating any team 30-1 or 24-0 and anyone who does is not a football fan.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 18
the little fella wrote:
[="the little fella"][="Windy1970"]A bit of massacre today: Jarrow FC Reserves 1-30 Sunderland Town End

They are now a farce. They must be the worst Saturday football side in the country. Are these lads getting any coaching? The answer must be no surely.What point is there for them to carry on l? as they are getting worse and anyonere's no sign of any improvement. No development from them just regression. Knock it on the head lads. I hate to have said that but sometimes you have to be brutally homest to be kind.[/quote]

Still Learning. wrote:
Personally I think this is one of the most shameful posts I've ever seen on NLZ, who are you to sit in your big white tower asking questions of a manager and a set of lads who turn up week in week out, accept what happens give 100% and then do it all again the following week..... :evil:


the little fella wrote:
No I disagree as I believe it's one of the most brutally honest posts on NLZ. Not knocking players as well done them for turning up. But come on, what on earth are they learning from this? That there is nothing wrong about conceding 77 goals in 4 games because abject failure is something to be celebrated. I would not get any joy out of beating any team 30-1 or 24-0 and anyone who does is not a football fan.


[quote="Still Learning."]
Well bully for you, you've achieved something :evil: :evil:

I could be wrong, but I believe the Wearside development is the lowest step open in the area for these lads to play.

So what in essence you are saying is that this group, whom have been going for 3 seasons or more should just all pack it in, and do something different, giving up, putting themselves and their club in danger of huge fines, depriving an allready thin on the ground league from a team who still fulfill their fixtures come what may?


Take notice of what Beechfield has said and give your head a shake, you quite obviously havent thought this one through Little fella !!!


Last edited by Still Learning. on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 41
The biggest problem is the fact that there aren’t enough league’s in the area(or more specifically divisions within those leagues). I’m interested to know if there will be proper promotion & relegation between the Development & the Wearside league’s? Does anyone know if those clubs at the top end of the Development League have step 7 suitable grounds? Will the Crook & District league join the Development League. Or is there still ongoing discussions on whether they’ going to do this?
If the lower placed Wearside league sides are finally relegated from what is in effect a closed shop league & all the above things happen. Then I’m sure Sunderland Town End & Jarrow Reserves will play in league’s that suitable for their standards. Hopefully this’ll happen sooner rather than later. Before those friends that play for Jarrow Reserves decide it’s not worth the hassle & the area loses another Saturday club.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:49 pm
Posts: 11
Jarrow FC Reserves actually a U19 side full of young lads who have played together for many years in the junior leagues. They may not be the best, they may not be totally open age football savvy but they are a group of mates and have a manager who has been decimated to supporting them.

Getting thrashed every week will help with their development as footballers and they obviously don’t care as they turn up Week in and out so massive credit to all of them


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 41
Juniorhornet wrote:
Jarrow FC Reserves actually a U19 side full of young lads who have played together for many years in the junior leagues. They may not be the best, they may not be totally open age football savvy but they are a group of mates and have a manager who has been decimated to supporting them.

Getting thrashed every week will help with their development as footballers and they obviously don’t care as they turn up Week in and out so massive credit to all of them

How will ‘getting thrashed every week’ help with their development? They are obviously in the wrong league! The fact that there are no lower divisions is the problem & that’s why I posed those questions on my previous post!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 26
They tried a couple of seasons ago to set this league up and for whatever reasons or circumstances didn't do it. I would like to know what has changed dramatically for it to happen this season. Looking at certain facilities there's not a cat in hells chance some of these teams could step up to the wearside league and personally I don't think there bothered if they do or don't. To me these teams just see it as a game of football if they win its a bonus. Saturday afternoon football is on its knees unless there's plenty money kicking about your down there with the rest of them. Umpteen leagues down the pan in recent years sign of the times I suppose. This "development league" is just a last resort to hold onto what's left of the Durham alliance league. As for Jarrow reserves I hope they continue. Best of luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Development league.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 26
To say getting thrashed every week is good for development I think your still a bit typsy off last night. Must be a Hebburn thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group