It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: New Season Predictions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:49 pm 

With the new season only days away whats peoples thoughts on who will do well and who may struggle.

Looking at the pre season results for me it seems as though West End will be the team to beat this year, they have recruited well, have strength in depth and will be looking to build on last seasons 3rd Place finish.

Hebburn Res will push them all the way and look to be stronger than last year and Richmond have made some very good signings so would expect them to be up there challenging but just think West Ends squad is too strong and think they will win it comfortably in the end.

Harton & Westoe will surprise people this year if they can get all their new signings to gel quickly but Boldon look like their in for a long season after losing a lot of last years squad.

Post subject: Re: New Season Predictions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:56 pm 

Can't really disagree with the above post. The officials at Hebburn Town told me on Saturday that their Reserves was going to be a proper Reserves Team so they will be strong but could suffer if they don't have a settled side. I would throw Wolviston into the pot for a top 3 spot as they have some very tidy players. Richmond Town might suffer from player availability in the early part of the season which may put them off the pace. Hartlepool FC must also be considered as they did have the League's top scorer last season and if they have added well to their squad they could be the dark horse. But for me it is Sunderland West End to be Champions.  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:18 am 

West End to win the league by at least 10 points.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:04 pm 

Saw Harton and Westoe play last night. They have some useful young players and some experienced old heads and they looked a tidy team / squad. They might surprise one or two

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:02 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
Saw Harton and Westoe play last night. They have some useful young players and some experienced old heads and they looked a tidy team / squad. They might surprise one or two

I saw them earlier in pre-season were very solid, they have a few of the Boldon lads from last season, I think they just lacking that cutting edge up top.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:11 pm 

Watched west end and they will be a force this season.

Very good squad who all seem to be on board with what the manager wants,there work rate was outstanding,some very good players in that squad.

Moving to nissans pitch will help them massively in size of pitch And getting midweek games on played under the lights.

If they keep that squad togethr which I think they will;can see them having a great season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:52 pm 

West End
Hebburn Res
Harton & Westhoe / Leam Rangers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 pm 

Came across West End last season and Robinson put in the best individual performance I'd seen against us all year. So to see him return with a lot of the other players from last year they're my favourites.

Certainly seem like a club going places with what's happening on and off the pitch.