It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Promotion Applicants?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:19 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Hebburn Town Reserves will apply for promotion to the EBAC NL, if their 1st team are in the promotion frame. Would they be the first Reserve side to play in the EBAC NL?

No.
Darlington Reserves and Hartlepool United Reserves were both involved in the 1980's.There may be more.
It is feasible to assume that Newcastle United "A" and Sunderland "A" were reserve sides and they were in the league in the early part of the last century.

Thanks for that! I hope we see more Reserve sides applying & joining the EBAC NL. Especially with the next FA restructuring due in 2020. The FA may have numerous promotions for the top end of the EBAC NL1. Those clubs may not want their reserves to play in the NPL Reserves League & would prefer to see their Reserves play in the EBAC NL2.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:20 am 

With teams either having played 1/2 or 2/3 of games already. Would anyone like to predict the final positions.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:58 pm 

What happens if no club applies to go up. Will this stop a club coming up from the development league.
Top three end of season.
Hebburn reserves
Wolviston
West end
Can't see Hebburn res going up if they win the league. Can't see the first team getting promoted from the northern league this season this in turn stopping the reserves moving up.
Unless of course the reserves win the league apply for promotion, call themselves Hebburn gold and say we are nothing at all to do with the first team however we would love to share there ground.
Is this allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:09 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
What happens if no club applies to go up. Will this stop a club coming up from the development league.
Top three end of season.
Hebburn reserves
Wolviston
West end
Can't see Hebburn res going up if they win the league. Can't see the first team getting promoted from the northern league this season this in turn stopping the reserves moving up.
Unless of course the reserves win the league apply for promotion, call themselves Hebburn gold and say we are nothing at all to do with the first team however we would love to share there ground.
Is this allowed.

Hebburn Reserves are allowed to apply for promotion and play at step 6. This is the highest level any Reserve teams can play. The FA standardised rules trumps any local league rules. So it doesn’t matter if the NL doesn’t accept Reserves, they’ll be forced to accept them! But there’s a 2 division rule, that means Hebburn 1st team would also have to be promoted. The club are well aware of all this & hoping that both teams will be promoted. Wolviston are applying & looking at funding for the required floodlights. West End will also apply & I believe have a step 6 standard ground. Teams only need to achieve a top 5 position to be promoted. Obviously the highest placed team that passes the grading will be promoted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:25 pm 

Cheers windy. So if Hebburn first team don't make promotion this season then the reserves can't go up. That was my point about ditching the reserve title little name change and bobs your uncle.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:36 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Cheers windy. So if Hebburn first team don't make promotion this season then the reserves can't go up. That was my point about ditching the reserve title little name change and bobs your uncle.

They have to be registered as a different entity with the FA. I’m not sure if they can do this halfway through a season & the players can’t play for both clubs. Strangely Brackley Town Saints are top of the Hellenic League(step 5) & have told me that they’re sufficiently independent of Brackley Town to be promoted. Even though they play at the same ground, play in the same colours/badge & share the same website/social media. I’m sure we’ll see what the FA thinks about their independence or not, if they win their league.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:29 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:

They have to be registered as a different entity with the FA. I’m not sure if they can do this halfway through a season & the players can’t play for both clubs. Strangely Brackley Town Saints are top of the Hellenic League(step 5) & have told me that they’re sufficiently independent of Brackley Town to be promoted. Even though they play at the same ground, play in the same colours/badge & share the same website/social media. I’m sure we’ll see what the FA thinks about their independence or not, if they win their league.

Surely if Hebburn Town go up , the reserves do a slight name change then players can play for both clubs. Different leagues? Dual registration.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:

Surely if Hebburn Town go up , the reserves do a slight name change then players can play for both clubs. Different leagues? Dual registration.

If Hebburn Town are promoted, the Reserves are entitled to be promoted too. They don’t need to do anything in regards to changing their players registration. I’ve posted the FA’s standardised rules on the matter & Reserves can play at step 6. As long as there’s a 2 step gap between them & the 1st team. But I personally think that the 1st team will miss out.