It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Martin Grays Darlington Town..
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:46 pm 

New club or reserves moving on?

Post subject: Re: Martin Grays Darlington Town..
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:50 pm 

Nothing mentioned tonight at the AGM about Darlington Reseves resigning or changing their name to Darlington Town .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm 

Two teams from Darlington have entered the Durham FA U18 league for the forthcoming season Darlington & Darlington Town

Not sure if the differences or links if any at all

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:53 am 

Juniorhornet wrote:
Two teams from Darlington have entered the Durham FA U18 league for the forthcoming season Darlington & Darlington Town

Not sure if the differences or links if any at all

Thanks mate, from what I can gather there was a meeting between the parties but looks like they've decided to go their separate ways..

Perhaps something that may happen in the future ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:31 pm 

From what i understand our reserve side is no longer, we’ve disbanded from them. I’m not sure if that team is carrying on, from the sound of our press release it seems as though it is but under a different guise, but it will have no link to Darlington Football Club anymore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 pm 

Club statement here.
http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/clu ... -reserves/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:24 pm 

Beechfield wrote:
quakersam wrote:
From what i understand our reserve side is no longer, we’ve disbanded from them. I’m not sure if that team is carrying on, from the sound of our press release it seems as though it is but under a different guise, but it will have no link to Darlington Football Club anymore

Does anyone have an idea as to wether this team intends to continue in the Wearside league under a different name or dispanding, if it's the latter i believe it would leave the league with 15 and looking for another team with a ground up to the current standards to make up the numbers :?: :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:23 pm 

The reserve team knew the new Darlo regime didn't want them to be part of the club some weeks ago, but still told the players everything was hunky dory.

They then, to save face and try to retain their players arranged for the man who couldn't lie straight in bed, to come from the heights of York City to make up a tale with the other man whom lie's in the same bed to change to Darlington Town with the promise that they could well play for York city one day, the same promise, only using Darlington first team as an invisible carrot they had used many times with previous players.
:roll:

One of the managers/coaches has been offered a position at a Northern league club and from what he said when I spoke to him could well consider it as he along with most is sick of the same bull being spread by the same people..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:04 am 

thecrowman wrote:
Beechfield wrote:
quakersam wrote:

Does anyone have an idea as to wether this team intends to continue in the Wearside league under a different name or dispanding, if it's the latter i believe it would leave the league with 15 and looking for another team with a ground up to the current standards to make up the numbers :?: :?:

The team are listed on the Wearside league website as Darlington Town FC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:41 am 

Still Learning.
Post subject: Re: Martin Grays Darlington Town..PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Still Learning writes -

The reserve team knew the new Darlo regime didn't want them to be part of the club some weeks ago, but still told the players everything was hunky dory.

They then, to save face and try to retain their players arranged for the man who couldn't lie straight in bed, to come from the heights of York City to make up a tale with the other man whom lie's in the same bed to change to Darlington Town with the promise that they could well play for York city one day, the same promise, only using Darlington first team as an invisible carrot they had used many times with previous players.
:roll:

One of the managers/coaches has been offered a position at a Northern league club and from what he said when I spoke to him could well consider it as he along with most is sick of the same bull being spread by the same people..

Still Learning - you have changed this post from ''Martin Gray couldn't lie straight in bed'' and named Pell instead of now ''one of the managers/coaches'' Though with my shared concern, your second version has not shown when it was redone on the said page, i do know your identity, i have through the night read all of your posts carefully again, you were with me at Bishops and Horden.

Over the weekend i have fended off some irate phone calls, so to put matters straight, it was Darlington Reserves (DR) decision to part company with Darlington Football Club (DFC), i have not been part of the divorce and forming of Darlington Town (DT), i personally would liked to have stayed as DR with DFC, but i respect and fully accept the decision made, Tommy Wright the DFC manager wrote to me ''I'm slightly disappointed but i completely understand the reasoning'' ''I do feel we could of perhaps have given it another year'' - it has for me been a great success and experience, seeing players develop and move on better equipped, i have no doubts that Tommy will lead the club back into the Football League if fiances are available to match his ambition and ability.

The original post mentioned Horden lads being made promises when going to DR, we still have two players within the squad, including yourself the players stayed loyal to the club when we had to leave Welfare Park, with the help of Don Naylor and John Payne we made it through that season and the start of next, the club kept alive, we are still Horden Colliery Welfare Registered Club, my time continues and with great sacrifice i have taken it is now finally reaping it's rewards, at this stage on my evidence, Durham Constabulary are conducting a criminal investigation against a number of individuals.

Paul - whatever your gripe is, let it go,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:47 am 

Further more the running and administration side of Darlington Town has nothing to do with Martin Gray, his only involvement will hopefully be supplying academy coach's to support the club club going forward.