It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:38 pm 

footiefan boss wrote:
They did ask on three occasions about being admitted into the Wearside league , in fact they demonstrated their utmost eagerness to join

Did they? My hearing must be worse than I thought!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 pm 

True believe me .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:04 pm 

footiefan boss wrote:
True believe me .

I don't disbelieve you and yet I was sat towards the front and heard no eagerness to get a point across. The only confirmation I heard come from behind was that Jarrow Reserves would be continuing next season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:17 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Durham Utd?

Were sat right in front of me and demonstrated fully my point about apathy. Never put their hand up to speak and say that they wanted to be considered for the Wearside League, so looks like it's the Development Division for them. But then maybe that's what they only wanted anyway.[/quote]
Something’s telling me that you aren’t going to miss the magic of the WL :lol:[/quote]
Kind of. Can't deny it.[/quote]
With the bottom 2 from the NL2, definitely being relegated next season & onwards! You want to make sure that you secure your position as a NL club. It’s taken years for you to go up, make sure you don’t waste it :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:19 am 

pleased durham united came to nothing..no need for bitchiness at grassroots level.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:54 am 

footiefan boss wrote:
True believe me .

Was that after the AGM ended and during the Development Meeting that followed? Which given that I and the Wearside League teams had left by then, would be the reason why we didn't hear you say anything out loud on the night.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:05 am 

local lad wrote:
pleased durham united came to nothing..no need for bitchiness at grassroots level.

Don't crack open the champagne bottle too soon. At the AGM the teams gave the League Management Committee the right to decide who to accept into the Wearside League, so Durham United may still have an opportunity to join. They just have to make sure they have their voice heard at the right time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:20 am 

local lad wrote:

I figure it hasn't come to nothing, being ambitious they wanted straight in the Wearside League.....but that's a big jump straight from under 18's football. I would assume they are being placed in the Development Division and will ( hopefully ) work their way through.....sensible option really.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:49 pm 

Looks like West Auckland Tunns have been accepted into the Wearside League as well

From Twitter - Dean Whitworth (@DeanWhitworth1)
As of next season WEST AUCKLAND TUNNS F.C. have been promoted into the @WearsideLeague
Great opportunity for our little club in West Auckland, Hard work begins now so if anyone knows of local companies etc wanting to help us on our journey. Please get in touch. WATFC⚽️⚽️!

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:18 pm 

Pardon my ignorance but where do West Auckland Tunns FC? What are the facilities like? So no replies if West Auckland please!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:31 pm 

Coach Roach wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but where do West Auckland Tunns FC? What are the facilities like? So no replies if West Auckland please!

They play at the PC Sports Pavilion in Cockfield which was built in 2014. There are plans to develop it further according to the Teesdale Mercury recently,

https://www.teesdalemercury.co.uk/news/ ... ion-ground

Keppoch Park, Glasgow Perthshire (09/06/18)

My New Grounds Log & Map-

http://smid100fgc.blogspot.com/2009/05/ ... ewart.html

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/etseeketsee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:39 pm 

etseeketsee wrote:
Coach Roach wrote:

They play at the PC Sports Pavilion in Cockfield which was built in 2014. There are plans to develop it further according to the Teesdale Mercury recently,

https://www.teesdalemercury.co.uk/news/ ... ion-ground

Cheers Lee!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:40 am 

When you think that at an AGM there were several teams who don't know where they'll be playing come August, and it's all down to the ruling body and arbiter of the game,you couldn't make it up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:23 pm 

Sea View wrote:
When you think that at an AGM there were several teams who don't know where they'll be playing come August, and it's all down to the ruling body and arbiter of the game,you couldn't make it up.

Likely to be almost as bad after next couple of seasons following as well. I've just read the arrangements for promotion and relegation for the next 2 seasons and they are really going to go to town with lateral movements from my reading of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:30 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Sea View wrote:

Likely to be almost as bad after next couple of seasons following as well. I've just read the arrangements for promotion and relegation for the next 2 seasons and they are really going to go to town with lateral movements from my reading of it.

I personally don’t think there’s going to be many lateral transfers from the NL1. I suspect that Marske & Morpeth will thrive in the NPL1E. The single promoted club next season will only have to survive a single season. So the chances are that the NL1 will gain clubs from neighbouring leagues, rather than lose them.
NL2 is a totally different kettle of fish & I suggest people keep checking out the wiki link for next season. I posted one last season, which showed the promotion race for step 1-6(but specifically step 5). There’s always a projection created on a rival forum. Realistically though, it’s massively speculative until you know whose applied from step 7 & the F.A. won’t release that until mid-January. The main issue for next season, is no one will really know where they stand until all the leagues have been completed. You could have a situation where a team in the NL2 go into the last game with identical points, goal difference, goals scored etc. With a team from the Wessex League(for example)! Club officials & fans could be checking social media to find out if they are promoted. Or a team like Northallerton could be checking on two games if they aren’t in the promotion race, but the projection has them heading off to the NCEL1 if the Wessex League club wins the day!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next