It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:26 pm 

the little fella wrote:
When every other Step 7 League has to reduce to 16 teams from next season and the Wearside League doesn't then I have no idea what you believe is a good hand under such circumstances.

Not all have had to reduce down to 16. The SWPL has two step 7 leagues & will turn into three the season after this. So they too are allowed to run with 20.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:53 pm 

Stokesley SC resigned from the Wearside League today. I said a couple of days ago they had some issues and hoped they would carry on in the Wearside League but it's not to be. No decisions confirmed to both Wearside League and newly named Durham and Wearside Development Division placemenets until FALC decide where they are placing Darlington RA. Tonight's meeting was a bit of a let down. I don't know if it was down to apathy or if there was more to it than that. No real buzz in the room tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:09 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Stokesley SC resigned from the Wearside League today. I said a couple of days ago they had some issues and hoped they would carry on in the Wearside League but it's not to be. No decisions confirmed to both Wearside League and newly named Durham and Wearside Development Division placemenets until FALC decide where they are placing Darlington RA. Tonight's meeting was a bit of a let down. I don't know if it was down to apathy or if there was more to it than that. No real buzz in the room tonight.

Not sure what you were expecting TLF. Lots of new faces in a packed room so understandable that people were holding their own counsel. All a bit up in the air really and resting on the decisions of the men in suits at the FA. We wait with baited breath!
Still, not for you to lose any sleep over any longer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm 

From The Coxhoe Athletic Facebook Page -

League AGM -
: Redcar Athletic & Cleator Moor Celtic promoted to Northern league 2 and NW Counties league 1 respectively.
: South Shields Res. & Stokesley SC resigned along with Prudhoe Town who resigned earlier in the season.
: Hebburn Town Res accepted as full member.
: Coxhoe Athletic re-elected.
: Darlington RA relegated from Northern League 2 but had been placed in North Riding league by FA. Wearside League appealed this decision and await FA decision on where RA will play next season. Anticipated that it will be Wearside League.
: Horden CW FC & West Auckland Tunns have expressed desire to join Wearside league.
: Hopeful that season will start with 16 teams.
: League management committee will explore possibilities for other teams to join.
: Development Division will be known as the Durham & Wearside Development Division.
: There are 12 possibly more teams who will start the 2018/19 season as members of the development division.
: League fines will be equalised with Combination Alliance league fines i.e fines will be reduced for Wearside league teams.

From https://en-gb.facebook.com/pg/coxhoeath ... e_internal

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:41 pm 

From Horden's Twitter Account

We are pleased to confirm that @HordenCWFC will be playing @WearsideLeague football next season.Big step up for our new club both on & off the pitch but the challenge is one we are looking forward to.Thank you everyone for their help & support last season long may it continue #UTH

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 pm 

Spennyfan_Chris wrote:

League AGM -
: Redcar Athletic & Cleator Moor Celtic promoted to Northern league 2 and NW Counties league 1 respectively.
: South Shields Res. & Stokesley SC resigned along with Prudhoe Town who resigned earlier in the season.
: Darlington RA relegated from Northern League 2 but had been placed in North Riding league by FA. Wearside League appealed this decision and await FA decision on where RA will play next season. Anticipated that it will be Wearside League.
: Horden CW FC & West Auckland Tunns have expressed desire to join Wearside league.
: League management committee will explore possibilities for other teams to join.
: Development Division will be known as the Durham & Wearside Development Division.
: There are 12 possibly more teams who will start the 2018/19 season as members of the development division.
: League fines will be equalised with Combination Alliance league fines i.e fines will be reduced for Wearside league teams.

Why do they anticipate that Darlington RA will end up in the Wearside league? I’m sure the NRL are equally keen to have a new club in there league & to be honest there location is suited better for the NRL. I might be wrong, but there has been a perception in the past that the Wearside league was superior & threw its weight around. The reality is that it’s no different than the NRL & the NA. So if the NRL is short of clubs then I genuinely hope Darlo RA go there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:30 pm 

the little fella wrote:
When every other Step 7 League has to reduce to 16 teams from next season and the Wearside League doesn't then I have no idea what you believe is a good hand under such circumstances.

I might be wrong, but it doesn’t look like a league of 20 clubs!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:32 pm 

Does anyone know what happened to Durham Utd?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Spennyfan_Chris wrote:

League AGM -

Why do they anticipate that Darlington RA will end up in the Wearside league? I’m sure the NRL are equally keen to have a new club in there league & to be honest there location is suited better for the NRL. I might be wrong, but there has been a perception in the past that the Wearside league was superior & threw its weight around. The reality is that it’s no different than the NRL & the NA. So if the NRL is short of clubs then I genuinely hope Darlo RA go there.

RA appealed the decision and are supported by the Durham FA.
It was the Wearside League they left and wish to return to.
Darlington Reserves currently playing in the Wearside League, is a precedent not set?
Would Richmond Town a North Yorkshire located team affiliated to North Riding FA not be better placed?
It just leaves the issue of Windscale who want to play at the highest level available to them. They are in no man's land in Cumbria currently.
Don't agree with the perception of throwing weight around. WL are no better and no worse than any other league. They do what they do very well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:03 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:

Were sat right in front of me and demonstrated fully my point about apathy. Never put their hand up to speak and say that they wanted to be considered for the Wearside League, so looks like it's the Development Division for them. But then maybe that's what they only wanted anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 pm 

Beechfield wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Spennyfan_Chris wrote:

League AGM -

RA appealed the decision and are supported by the Durham FA.
It was the Wearside League they left and wish to return to.
Darlington Reserves currently playing in the Wearside League, is a precedent not set?
Would Richmond Town a North Yorkshire located team affiliated to North Riding FA not be better placed?
It just leaves the issue of Windscale who want to play at the highest level available to them. They are in no man's land in Cumbria currently.
Don't agree with the perception of throwing weight around. WL are no better and no worse than any other league. They do what they do very well.

I totally agree with the Richmond Town to the NRL. But the WL chairman said ‘why should they lose teams just to prop up another league’. A very generous sentiment from a league that wants to take a club off another league that’s struggling for clubs. The affiliation thing is a load of rubbish tbh. Numerous clubs up & down the country play in league’s & are in separate counties! Would the mileage be less or more in the WL? The F.A. should only place Darlington RA into the WL if the NRL has 14-16 clubs. If not then no way imo!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:15 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Were sat right in front of me and demonstrated fully my point about apathy. Never put their hand up to speak and say that they wanted to be considered for the Wearside League, so looks like it's the Development Division for them. But then maybe that's what they only wanted anyway.

Something’s telling me that you aren’t going to miss the magic of the WL :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:28 pm 

Were sat right in front of me and demonstrated fully my point about apathy. Never put their hand up to speak and say that they wanted to be considered for the Wearside League, so looks like it's the Development Division for them. But then maybe that's what they only wanted anyway. [/quote]. They did ask on three occasions about being admitted into the Wearside league , in fact they demonstrated their utmost eagerness to join ,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:29 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
the little fella wrote:

I might be wrong, but it doesn’t look like a league of 20 clubs!

With the unfortunate demise of both Stokesley SC and South Shields Reserves admittedly not now it doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:32 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Something’s telling me that you aren’t going to miss the magic of the WL :lol:

Kind of. Can't deny it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next