It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:01 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 0
THE STATEMENT re DARLINGTON RES Tommy Wright has this morning confirmed that we have parted company with the Reserve side for the season 2018-19.

After discussions with Reserve Chairman Norman Stephens and Joint Managers Mark Fanning and Paul Aldsworth over the last few months it has been mutually agreed that we part company and the ‘Reserve’ side use a different name moving forward.

Understandably Norman, Mark and Paul have aspirations of gaining promotion from the Wearside League. There was growing frustrations that they were short of players and losing players to the Northern League.

The main reason for the decision from our point of view was mainly the standard of the Wearside League wasn’t giving our fringe players what they needed.

Other reasons being that with the First Team running with a smaller squad and with the formation of the Academy we can now provide enough Football for our younger players with our links to Professional and Semi Professional Clubs to either arrange extra games or send them out on loan to get experience.

We have also looked into the possibility of joining an Under 23 League and may revisit that idea now this has been confirmed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:44 pm
Posts: 0
Gat wrote:
THE STATEMENT re DARLINGTON RES Tommy Wright has this morning confirmed that we have parted company with the Reserve side for the season 2018-19.

After discussions with Reserve Chairman Norman Stephens and Joint Managers Mark Fanning and Paul Aldsworth over the last few months it has been mutually agreed that we part company and the ‘Reserve’ side use a different name moving forward.

Understandably Norman, Mark and Paul have aspirations of gaining promotion from the Wearside League. There was growing frustrations that they were short of players and losing players to the Northern League.

The main reason for the decision from our point of view was mainly the standard of the Wearside League wasn’t giving our fringe players what they needed.

Other reasons being that with the First Team running with a smaller squad and with the formation of the Academy we can now provide enough Football for our younger players with our links to Professional and Semi Professional Clubs to either arrange extra games or send them out on loan to get experience.

We have also looked into the possibility of joining an Under 23 League and may revisit that idea now this has been confirmed.



Strange comment from a club who played six of their first team against a Wearside League side .....and lost!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:23 am
Posts: 0
And only finished 11th in said league


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am
Posts: 5
Location: land of the prince bishops.
darlo have found their level...move out the way shields are coming.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 5
local lad wrote:
darlo have found their level...move out the way shields are coming.

Didn't think North Shields were ready yet. Or are you the bandwagon that is South Shields. Move out of the way Darlington we are coming. Are you sure. Could you get to Darlington. It means passing peterlee.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:23 pm
Posts: 1
Heshootshescores wrote:
local lad wrote:
darlo have found their level...move out the way shields are coming.

Didn't think North Shields were ready yet. Or are you the bandwagon that is South Shields. Move out of the way Darlington we are coming. Are you sure. Could you get to Darlington. It means passing peterlee.


He can't go anywhere outside of a three mile radius of New Ferens Park....he's a Durham City man who feels that they were very unjustly thrown off the ground...........the rose tinted glasses haven't come off yet.

On to South Shields FC.......I personally must know at least 70 of their fans who all went to watch them playing at Peterlee every home game......yet they had an average attendance of about 28 I believe, the club shouldn't be called The Mariners, a more appropriate name would be the bandwagoners.......bigger club than Barcelona you know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am
Posts: 5
Location: land of the prince bishops.
The tale of Durham City's football ground is a sad reflection of the wheeling's and dealings of Durham City Council and shady dealings with the planners.
The land was originally a Civil Service sports field, with cricket, football, rugby pitches along with a cricket pavilion and canny little social club.
It was somehow purchased by someone ( no names, no pack drill, but he was fat) who said that he would build Durham City a nice new ground on the site if he was given planning consent for housing on the old Feren's Park site in the city .A nice little earner there.
When the new ground was duly built, after a while the same man, who was fat, being the owner of both the football club and all the land around it, blackmailed the council and threatened to wind the club up if the Council did't give him planning consent to build at nice Premier Inn, and some shiny car showrooms on the land beside his football ground.
Not wanting to be seen to be responsible for the end of Durham City FC the council duly gave in.
Knowing he was onto a good thing the fat man now decided he wanted to build a huge poly-tunnel for people to play football in.
This was cunningly disguised as a two story flat roofed building when it was presented to the planning committee, and was thus granted planning consent.
The fact that the Council were found guilty of maladministration by the Ombudsman didn't really matter now though, because the Chief Executive of Durham City Council was now Chief Executive of Socarena whose best friend Head of Planning was retiring anyway.

Work it out, it's not rocket science.;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:42 pm
Posts: 111
Location: Spennymoor
Darlington FC Reserves are now Darlington Town, the Darlo Reserves Twitter account has now changed to Darlington Town FC

_________________
Spennymoor Town's 9 Seasons in the Northern League:
Trophies - Division Champs (Five Times), JR Cleator Cup (Four Times) FA Vase, DCC (Won Once, 3 Finals), League Cup

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:42 pm
Posts: 111
Location: Spennymoor
Okay so we have the Durham & Wearside Development Division teams -

1 Durham City Reserves
2 Durham United
3 Farringdon Detached
4 Hylton Sports Club
5 Jarrow FC Reserves
6 Seaton Carew
7 Stockton Town Reserves
8 Sunderland North FC
9 Sunderland Town End
10 Washington FC Reserves
11 Wheatley Hill WMC

_________________
Spennymoor Town's 9 Seasons in the Northern League:
Trophies - Division Champs (Five Times), JR Cleator Cup (Four Times) FA Vase, DCC (Won Once, 3 Finals), League Cup

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:23 pm
Posts: 1
No Hall Farm Glasshus FC then....that's a pity as they have been one of the better sides over the past few seasons.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:42 pm
Posts: 111
Location: Spennymoor
Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
No Hall Farm Glasshus FC then....that's a pity as they have been one of the better sides over the past few seasons.


Could there have been a name change so Hall Farm Glasshus are now named something else? I just don't know, i'm trying to find where Hall Farm played their games

_________________
Spennymoor Town's 9 Seasons in the Northern League:
Trophies - Division Champs (Five Times), JR Cleator Cup (Four Times) FA Vase, DCC (Won Once, 3 Finals), League Cup

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 7:16 pm
Posts: 0
Spennyfan_Chris wrote:
Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
No Hall Farm Glasshus FC then....that's a pity as they have been one of the better sides over the past few seasons.


Could there have been a name change so Hall Farm Glasshus are now named something else? I just don't know, i'm trying to find where Hall Farm played their games


They played at leyburn grove main pitch mate,which is Houghton not far from the town centre.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:23 pm
Posts: 1
I know one of the guy's who ran them but haven't seen him for a while......and it doesn't look like he is involved with any of the new clubs, so I don't think there has been a name change.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am
Posts: 5
Location: land of the prince bishops.
the developement league has more of a wearside look about it....than the wearside proper.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 97
Location: By The Seaside
local lad wrote:
the developement league has more of a wearside look about it....than the wearside proper.


May have to do with the qualification rules in order to play in the Development League that limits the distance from Sunderland a team can be.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group