It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:40 pm 

So with Redcar going up to the Northern League and Cleator Moor leaving for the North West Counties - wonder how many teams will be in the league next season?

Any idea when the AGM is as well? 15 Teams In the league so far with 2 leaving (as far as i know)

1 Annfield Plain
2 Boldon CA
3 Coxhoe Athletic
4 Darlington FC Reserves
5 Gateshead Leam Rangers
6 Hartlepool FC
7 Harton & Westoe
8 Hebburn Town Reserves
9 Richmond Town
10 Silksworth CW
11 South Shields Reserves (folded?)
12 Stokesley SC
13 Sunderland West End
14 Windscale FC
15 Wolviston FC

Joining
Durham United

Relegated From NL Division 2
Darlington RA (maybe)

What teams will be in the Development Division?

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

Post subject: Re: 2018/19 League Allocations Topic
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 pm 

AGM Sat 9th?.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 pm 

AGM 5th June

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:22 am 

I think horden will join the league, some of their players have been pretty vocal about it on social media.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:33 am 

Whilst the AGM is next Tues I think a lot of the big decisions will be made this week by the FA

If they insist the League runs with 16 teams next season which is looking more and more likely then there is only 1 space and that could be took by Darlo Ra meaning none of the teams who have applied will get a chance which seems very harsh

Spaces could become available if they decide to move some teams around as has been mentioned previously and there are also rumours that Windscale may drop back into a local league. Hopefully this will all be decided before the AGM so the clubs know what they are voting on

There seems to be some really good applications this year Horden, Seaton Carew, Durham Utd, Stockton Town Res, Sunderland Hall Farm all of which would be a welcome addition to the league but it does look like there wont be space to accommodate them all

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:13 am 

The FA have already confirmed that the Wearside League has kept it's 20 club constitution so they can run with more than 16 clubs next season. However it does look like South Shields Reserves will take no part and there could be doubts about Stokesley SC participation as well. Hopefully Stokesley SC will be able to resolve their issues and play in the Wearside League next season.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:05 pm 

the little fella wrote:
The FA have already confirmed that the Wearside League has kept it's 20 club constitution so they can run with more than 16 clubs next season. However it does look like South Shields Reserves will take no part and there could be doubts about Stokesley SC participation as well. Hopefully Stokesley SC will be able to resolve their issues and play in the Wearside League next season.

This sounds promising for Wearside League . What is going to happen to the development division though ? 2 of the teams you mentioned are Durham Combination Teams so that will further decimate their numbers unless there is a glut of teams waiting to come in. I just hope that teams that have been around for years dont get left with nowhere to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:45 pm 

Windscale have worked hard to get back into the Wearside league and I can assure you Mr Norris that the rumors you’ve heard about them dropping back into a local league are utter trash !!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:09 pm 

According to the "regulations for the operation of the National League System" document clubs at the northern league AGM were given on Saturday gone bullet point 3.2 gives an overview of the structure in the national league system for next season. It says "Divisions at steps 3-5 shall have the following numbers of clubs Step 3 - 22 Step 4 - 20 step 5 - 20.. At steps 6 and 7 the number of clubs in each division will be decided by the league committee taking into account all relevant factors. Notwithstanding this at step 6 each division shall have no more than 20 clubs and at step 7 each division shall have no more than 16 clubs"

Not sure how the Wearside league has a dispensation to run with more than 16 maybe crossed wires somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:32 pm 

Does anyone know what time the AGM is being held?
I’ve also heard that the F.A. are contacting Step 7 league’s this week, in regards to the allocations & possible lateral transfers. I know the NL AGM left some issues until the F.A. had dealt with all the reprieves etc. If anyone’s at the Wearside League AGM, can they confirm whatever constitution that’s released, will be as near to the actual line-up for this coming season & we aren’t going to see wholesale changes over the next few weeks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:16 pm 

The Wearside league chairman Peter Maguire told me that they are aware that the constitution is open to changes after the AGM, because of the F.A.’s restructuring. They will not be happy if they lose clubs to prop up another league! Also they have dispensation to run with 20 clubs in there top division for the next two seasons. Because the F.A. are creating an 8th step 4 league in the northeast in two season’s time!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:27 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Does anyone know what time the AGM is being held?
I’ve also heard that the F.A. are contacting Step 7 league’s this week, in regards to the allocations & possible lateral transfers. I know the NL AGM left some issues until the F.A. had dealt with all the reprieves etc. If anyone’s at the Wearside League AGM, can they confirm whatever constitution that’s released, will be as near to the actual line-up for this coming season & we aren’t going to see wholesale changes over the next few weeks!

It starts at 7pm and I'm expecting quite an entertaining evening. I'll be there as to confirm my resignation from the League Management Committee and to represent Redcar Athletic at the meeting. As we are leaving the Wearside League we are in attendance as guests and not entitled to vote on any issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:31 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
According to the regulations for the operation of the National League System" document clubs at the northern league AGM were given on Saturday gone bullet point 3.2 gives an overview of the structure in the national league system for next season. It says "Divisions at steps 3-5 shall have the following numbers of clubs Step 3 - 22 Step 4 - 20 step 5 - 20.. At steps 6 and 7 the number of clubs in each division will be decided by the league committee taking into account all relevant factors. Notwithstanding this at step 6 each division shall have no more than 20 clubs and at step 7 each division shall have no more than 16 clubs"

Not sure how the Wearside league has a dispensation to run with more than 16 maybe crossed wires somewhere.

No crossed wires at my end. The Wearside League had a good hand and used it well to obtain a good result.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:45 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
According to the regulations for the operation of the National League System" document clubs at the northern league AGM were given on Saturday gone bullet point 3.2 gives an overview of the structure in the national league system for next season. It says "Divisions at steps 3-5 shall have the following numbers of clubs Step 3 - 22 Step 4 - 20 step 5 - 20.. At steps 6 and 7 the number of clubs in each division will be decided by the league committee taking into account all relevant factors. Notwithstanding this at step 6 each division shall have no more than 20 clubs and at step 7 each division shall have no more than 16 clubs"

No crossed wires at my end. The Wearside League had a good hand and used it well to obtain a good result.

It’s not a good hand! It’s a temporary thing, because they’ll lose a few clubs in 2 seasons time. Whenever the northeast step 4 league is established. The NL1 will lose a chunk of clubs, this will then effect the NL2 & then obviously the 3 feeder leagues. After this restructure has happened, they’ll definitely reduce down to a maximum of 16 clubs. Whether they actually run with 20 clubs in the mean time is a totally different matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:32 pm 

When every other Step 7 League has to reduce to 16 teams from next season and the Wearside League doesn't then I have no idea what you believe is a good hand under such circumstances.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next