It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Durham United
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:13 pm 

I see that the Durham United senior team building is growing at a pace.

As I've said before- perhaps in other forums on this board- the current Durham United U18s are a formidable squad. Adding a few experienced heads would see a very competitive team.

Best of luck!

Post subject: Re: Durham United
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:58 am 

are they trying to kick durham city fc in the teeth.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 am 

Durham United FC
‏ @Durham_unitedFC
13h13 hours ago

2/4 Home games will be based at the New Ferens Park ground within the Infinite Durham multi activity park in Belmont with 3pm Kick offs on Saturday afternoons. We aim to generate a family atmosphere at games in line with our clubs ethos.
0 replies . 1 retweet 3 likes

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:38 am 

Durham United FC
‏ @Durham_unitedFC
13h13 hours ago

3/4 We are excited to be bringing Football back to the City of Durham and look to make it one the city can be proud of and one our junior section members will aspire to be part of.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 am 

johnna wrote:
I see that the Durham United senior team building is growing at a pace.

As I've said before- perhaps in other forums on this board- the current Durham United U18s are a formidable squad. Adding a few experienced heads would see a very competitive team.

Best of luck!

Does anyone know if this Durham United senior team play in a senior league at any particular level as I've had a quick search and cant seem to find them, I have seen their advertisement on twitter looking to recruit a management team / coaching staff etc...

I wouldn't like to think that they are just a junior club looking to form a new team and make it in the world of senior football then fancy a crack at Wearside league as this is a big step for a new team that does not have experience of senior football, if this is the case I would expect them to have a season or two consolidating a squad then look at Wearside league once senior football is embedded.

if they do already have a senior side I stand to be corrected :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 am 

i dont believe they have senior squad just upgrading from a junior team...i would like to know who is behind this venture of joining wearside league playing out of new ferens park.durham city fc old ground...to me it stinks of pettyness between soccerena and olivier bernard...soccer fans are fickle so i suppose they will get the meagre support the original durham fc got.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:26 am 

local lad wrote:
i dont believe they have senior squad just upgrading from a junior team...i would like to know who is behind this venture of joining wearside league playing out of new ferens park.durham city fc old ground...to me it stinks of pettyness between soccerena and olivier bernard...soccer fans are fickle so i suppose they will get the meagre support the original durham fc got.

Crowman they are joining wearside league this coming season.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:42 am 

We are delighted to welcome Durham United as a key partner club at Infinite Durham! We are looking forward to the fundraising event that will be held at @infiniteairuk on Saturday hosted by @DurhamUnitedFC JUST AS I THOUGHT SOCCERENA REARING THEIR UGLY HEAD.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 am 

Local Lad......let's not forget here that one of the main reasons, well the MAIN reason Durham City were evicted from New Ferens Park was because they wouldn't pay their bills. Olivier Bernard owns the club but not the ground and so to that end he was just a tennant, and so like everything in life if you don't pay the landlord then out you go.

So here we have a NL standard ground standing empty on a Saturday afternoon and so the landlord is looking to have it used.......step forward Durham United.

There is obviously a strategic partnership between the new club and the powers that be at Soccarena / Infinite Durham and there you go....time will tell if it is a success or not.

Petty.....yes I think there is some of that in it all, but remember if Mr Bernard had paid to play at NFP then the club wouldn't be in the predicament it's currently in.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 am 

From what I know they won't be in the Wearside League. They have applied to join the new development division with promotion to the Wearside League available through that route.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:58 am 

1/4 We are pleased to announce that we have applied to enter a team in @WearsideLeague for season 2018/19. If accepted, financially it will be ran separately to the junior section though the two will remain part of our united club and work very closely together.doesnt say developement league...just wearside league.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:48 am 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
Local Lad......let's not forget here that one of the main reasons, well the MAIN reason Durham City were evicted from New Ferens Park was because they wouldn't pay their bills. Olivier Bernard owns the club but not the ground and so to that end he was just a tennant, and so like everything in life if you don't pay the landlord then out you go.

So here we have a NL standard ground standing empty on a Saturday afternoon and so the landlord is looking to have it used.......step forward Durham United.

There is obviously a strategic partnership between the new club and the powers that be at Soccarena / Infinite Durham and there you go....time will tell if it is a success or not.

Petty.....yes I think there is some of that in it all, but remember if Mr Bernard had paid to play at NFP then the club wouldn't be in the predicament it's currently in.

Rodders did you hear they trebled the rent......

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 am 

I know all about it......let's just say there were faults on both sides. There is more to it than Durham City's side of things but that's not for me to talk about.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:55 pm 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:

durham fc paid every penny back that they owed....dont believe me ..give them a bell.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:28 pm 

Local Lad....I do believe you.

However the phrase closing the stable door after the horse has bolted comes to mind....or once bitten, twice shy also pops up into my head.

To be honest and whilst I appreciate that New Ferens Park is Durham City's spiritual home so to speak, you really have no divine right to play there......you didn't own the place and you only paid rent to use it. I can fully see how you are angry / upset over Durham United being allowed to call it their home from now on, but if the bills had been paid on time then you would still be there and not at Willington or wherever.

I can see both sides of the argument.....I really can.

And I do understand your anger / sadness over it all.