It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: League favourites...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 pm 

With the demise of Prudhoe, things have changed a little, looking at the fixtures left I fancy the top three to finish... What's everyone else's thoughts ?

1. Cleator Moor
2. West End.
3. Hebburn

Cleator for me from what I've seen have the most consistant eleven.

West End have quite a few games left but again, just my opinion have the best "squad" in the league.

Hebburn I think deserve at least a top three finish.

Sorry LF, I hope I'm wrong for you but I think Redcar will, for the umpteenth time blow it.

Boldon could well be the ones to force there way into there but from what I can gather have picked up a few injuries.

Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:07 am 

No need to apologise Sill Learning as you're entitled to your opinion. You haven't factored in though that Sunderland West End have another cup final to add on the fixtures list. Plus if they beat Richmond Town in the semi final listed will have yet another final to play. They have some task to turn around an 18 point difference in such a short space of time with Hebburn Town Reserves. For that to happen they also need Hebburn Town Reserves to fall off a cliff more sheer than the one Sir Kier Starmer of Labour keeps going on about that a "Hard Brexit" will bring about. Also I'm sure the other teams you've quoted may have a difference of opinion with you that Sunderland West End have the best squad .Yes I would agree that they have a good squad, but generally to me the team with the best squad turns out to the one that wins the League Championship. On that basis to me you're saying one team, but then saying it's another.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:18 pm 

the little fella wrote:
No need to apologise Sill Learning as you're entitled to your opinion. You haven't factored in though that Sunderland West End have another cup final to add on the fixtures list. Plus if they beat Richmond Town in the semi final listed will have yet another final to play. They have some task to turn around an 18 point difference in such a short space of time with Hebburn Town Reserves. For that to happen they also need Hebburn Town Reserves to fall off a cliff more sheer than the one Sir Kier Starmer of Labour keeps going on about that a "Hard Brexit" will bring about. Also I'm sure the other teams you've quoted may have a difference of opinion with you that Sunderland West End have the best squad .Yes I would agree that they have a good squad, but generally to me the team with the best squad turns out to the one that wins the League Championship. On that basis to me you're saying one team, but then saying it's another.

Yeah good points LF, But they have quality in depth, a range of players they can call on and in my humble opinion will not only cover the cup games they have left, but have a dam good chance of winning them.

Also you seem to forget, they have 5 games in hand on Hebburn, that's a possible 15 pts, so that would put them 3 behind and I believe still have Hebburn to play ;-) obviously its better having the points in the bag and I'm not saying that it will be easy but it puts my post more into perspective, would you agree?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:08 pm 

Games in hand as opposed to having the points on board has cost us dear in previous seasons when we had the chance of the title. Look at last season at one point it was in Cleator Moor Celtic hands but they hit a wall with too many games in such a short period of time. I can't help thinking this is a Leicester City type of season looking at Hebburn Town Reserves. Either way it's going to be a battle royal of a run-in. Some massive games ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 am 

1. Cleator
2. Redcar
3. Hebburn

For me, looking at the remaining fixtures with Cleator not having the large backlog of games they have had in recent seasons they will win the league.
I believe they have the 'easiest' run in, only due to the fact Redcar and Hebburn still have each other to play twice and the outcome of these games will determine who will finish runners up / third place.
Also don't think Boldon will get anywhere near top three, not good enough from what i've seen, West End, decent enough on their day but not consistent enough and don't think they have actually beaten any of the 3 named teams above in the league this season but could well be a good season for them if they manage to pick a few cups up. Good job it's all about opinions :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:14 pm 

the little fella wrote:

Oh shut up little fella :roll: . Sorry Hebburn Town Reserves 7 points out of the last 9 dropped it's like I've I driven you to Beachy Head. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:00 am 

the little fella wrote:
the little fella wrote:

Oh shut up little fella :roll: . Sorry Hebburn Town Reserves 7 points out of the last 9 dropped it's like I've I driven you to Beachy Head. :oops:

Forgot they beat Richmond Town 1-0 inbetween so it is 7 out of 12 dropped.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:23 am 

8 points from 15 in the last 5 league games with 2 wins and 2 draws and 1 loss isn't a bad record for the young hornets especially when one of the those draws was against one of the title contenders "Cleator Moor".

Still a few games to go and some tough games for all in and around the top 5/6 in the league :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:52 am 

Looks like the title could come down to Celtic v Redcar next weekend, providing Celtic don’t slip up on Saturday or Monday I think it will be in there hands, big week coming up for Redcar with 3 games in 5 days, personally can’t see them picking up anymore than 4 points from them games but time will tell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:15 pm 

Looks like Redcar have blown it again. Hard lines little fella. There’s always next year

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:18 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
With the demise of Prudhoe, things have changed a little, looking at the fixtures left I fancy the top three to finish... What's everyone else's thoughts ?

1. Cleator Moor
2. West End.
3. Hebburn

Cleator for me from what I've seen have the most consistant eleven.

West End have quite a few games left but again, just my opinion have the best "squad" in the league.

Hebburn I think deserve at least a top three finish.

Sorry LF, I hope I'm wrong for you but I think Redcar will, for the umpteenth time blow it.

Boldon could well be the ones to force there way into there but from what I can gather have picked up a few injuries.

Not far wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:48 am 

Is it correct that Redcar have to win the league to go up. Someone told me if Cleator win then thats the only one that can be promoted but into the N W Counties League . Yet also told me that if Redcar win they go up and so do Cleator due to lateral movement. Thats a bit of a sickner for Redcar with only 1 bite yet Cleator have 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:18 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
Is it correct that Redcar have to win the league to go up. Someone told me if Cleator win then thats the only one that can be promoted but into the N W Counties League . Yet also told me that if Redcar win they go up and so do Cleator due to lateral movement. Thats a bit of a sickner for Redcar with only 1 bite yet Cleator have 2

that's the way I see it but with the F A you never know.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:45 am 

What a huge game at Cleator Moor on Saturday for Redcar Town.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:38 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
What a huge game at Cleator Moor on Saturday for Redcar Town.

Even bigger game for Redcar Athletic Colin :wink: