It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 194
Location: Lab 207
With Redcar and Cleator probably promoted and probably Darlo RA relegated to the Wearside that would bring it to the 16 clubs required at this level. However with the new NRL running with only 13 clubs in its div 1 I can see the FA forcibly moving Stokesley and Richmond. That would leave the Wearside with 14 clubs. I suspect the league would welcome the Durham United club with open arms and there are one or two candidates for promotion from the old alliance league i.e wheatley Hill and Horden. Interesting times

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 pm
Posts: 0
Chinny wrote:
Boldon's ground passed the inspection for NL2 so they don't need to move to gain promotion, they just need to finish high enough in the league


That's good news for them then! Had the clubhouse not linked by footpath as a potential problem according to my novice interpretation of the ground grading rules, but fair play!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 pm
Posts: 0
Cestrian wrote:
With Redcar and Cleator probably promoted and probably Darlo RA relegated to the Wearside that would bring it to the 16 clubs required at this level. However with the new NRL running with only 13 clubs in its div 1 I can see the FA forcibly moving Stokesley and Richmond. That would leave the Wearside with 14 clubs. I suspect the league would welcome the Durham United club with open arms and there are one or two candidates for promotion from the old alliance league i.e wheatley Hill and Horden. Interesting times


Horden are seemingly a club on the up, recent cup win noted, and sure they would be welcome candidates.

Do Wheatley Hill still get changed in the basement of the Working Mens club about a mile away?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:23 am
Posts: 0
Wheatley hills ground is as far away from level 7 as you can get if they still play at the old fire station


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 99
razzler wrote:
Wheatley hills ground is as far away from level 7 as you can get if they still play at the old fire station

It may be at present but i know Sam was applying to have the old fire station ground updated. Be great to see that come off for a very hard working bloke

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:14 pm
Posts: 0
Horden confirmed runners up last night in the Durham Alliance and we were under the impression that it was automatic promotion to the Wearside League for the highest placed finish of the top 5 who have the facilities to step up. Suppose we just got to wait for the FA to sort the promotions & relegations further up the ladder first and wait for a decision. Fingers crossed for Horden they are playing in the Wearside League next season


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am
Posts: 15
Location: land of the prince bishops.
DURHAM UNITED....also..playing out of new ferens park belmont.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:04 pm
Posts: 1
So looks like Redcar & Cleator both going up and deservedly so

With Jarrow Roofing folding plus potential lateral transfers could be no one coming down from Northern League leaving Wearside with 15 teams.

Horden & Durham Utd both seem certainties to come in, anyone others ??

Ive heard rumours regarding Stockton Town Res, Sunderland Hall Farm, Seaton Carew but dont know if any truth in them

Also then have the issue regarding North Riding teams getting moved, could be a long summer before we get final line up


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 99
wayne norris wrote:
So looks like Redcar & Cleator both going up and deservedly so

With Jarrow Roofing folding plus potential lateral transfers could be no one coming down from Northern League leaving Wearside with 15 teams.

Horden & Durham Utd both seem certainties to come in, anyone others ??

Ive heard rumours regarding Stockton Town Res, Sunderland Hall Farm, Seaton Carew but dont know if any truth in them

Also then have the issue regarding North Riding teams getting moved, could be a long summer before we get final line up

There will definitely be relegation from Northern league regardless of Lateral transfers. FA made it clear that at least 1 club must be relegated months ago

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 194
Location: Lab 207
I don't think they will laterally transfer Penrith as they survived relegation but if anyone is looking over their shoulders in the ENL it will be Northallerton who may have to go south rather than north next season, hope not great people and a lovely little ground.

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 115
Location: By The Seaside
Ryan1974 wrote:
Horden confirmed runners up last night in the Durham Alliance and we were under the impression that it was automatic promotion to the Wearside League for the highest placed finish of the top 5 who have the facilities to step up. Suppose we just got to wait for the FA to sort the promotions & relegations further up the ladder first and wait for a decision. Fingers crossed for Horden they are playing in the Wearside League next season

Where did you get impression? There was nothing in place for this past season as there was no connection between the leagues. For promotion in the future when the Durham Alliance league becomes part of the Wearside League then that would have to be ratified at the AGM. I don't know if the Wearside League will be in a position to commit to automatic promotion

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 115
Location: By The Seaside
Cestrian wrote:
With Redcar and Cleator probably promoted and probably Darlo RA relegated to the Wearside that would bring it to the 16 clubs required at this level. However with the new NRL running with only 13 clubs in its div 1 I can see the FA forcibly moving Stokesley and Richmond. That would leave the Wearside with 14 clubs. I suspect the league would welcome the Durham United club with open arms and there are one or two candidates for promotion from the old alliance league i.e wheatley Hill and Horden. Interesting times

Stokesley SC and Richmond Town do not need to be placed forcibly into the North Riding League as Bedale and New Marske Lakes can both be promoted from their 1st Division. There are issues the North Riding League need to resolve with their current clubs issues relating to their individual qualification to be playing at
Step 7 before expecting teams from another Step 7 League be transferred over to it.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 194
Location: Lab 207
Agreed but that is sensible talk and we are talking FA here. They will see Stokesley and Richmond geographically as bang in the middle of NRL country and not think twice as they will also see a step 7 league having run with 13 clubs and maybe in need of being "beefed up" a little. Remember this re-structure is supposedly to reduce travelling times etc . Also the fact that I think the NRL is run from stokesley and they are in a different step 7 league may fool them a little !!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am
Posts: 15
Location: land of the prince bishops.
a chap on another thread recons durham united will play in wearside developement league ...not wearside league.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am
Posts: 15
Location: land of the prince bishops.
local lad wrote:
a chap on another thread recons durham united will play in wearside developement league ...not wearside league.
it looks like one big shambles.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group