It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: League favourites...
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am 

With Redcar and Cleator probably promoted and probably Darlo RA relegated to the Wearside that would bring it to the 16 clubs required at this level. However with the new NRL running with only 13 clubs in its div 1 I can see the FA forcibly moving Stokesley and Richmond. That would leave the Wearside with 14 clubs. I suspect the league would welcome the Durham United club with open arms and there are one or two candidates for promotion from the old alliance league i.e wheatley Hill and Horden. Interesting times

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:54 pm 

Chinny wrote:
Boldon's ground passed the inspection for NL2 so they don't need to move to gain promotion, they just need to finish high enough in the league

That's good news for them then! Had the clubhouse not linked by footpath as a potential problem according to my novice interpretation of the ground grading rules, but fair play!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:56 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
With Redcar and Cleator probably promoted and probably Darlo RA relegated to the Wearside that would bring it to the 16 clubs required at this level. However with the new NRL running with only 13 clubs in its div 1 I can see the FA forcibly moving Stokesley and Richmond. That would leave the Wearside with 14 clubs. I suspect the league would welcome the Durham United club with open arms and there are one or two candidates for promotion from the old alliance league i.e wheatley Hill and Horden. Interesting times

Horden are seemingly a club on the up, recent cup win noted, and sure they would be welcome candidates.

Do Wheatley Hill still get changed in the basement of the Working Mens club about a mile away?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:05 pm 

Wheatley hills ground is as far away from level 7 as you can get if they still play at the old fire station

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:24 am 

razzler wrote:
Wheatley hills ground is as far away from level 7 as you can get if they still play at the old fire station

It may be at present but i know Sam was applying to have the old fire station ground updated. Be great to see that come off for a very hard working bloke

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:29 am 

Horden confirmed runners up last night in the Durham Alliance and we were under the impression that it was automatic promotion to the Wearside League for the highest placed finish of the top 5 who have the facilities to step up. Suppose we just got to wait for the FA to sort the promotions & relegations further up the ladder first and wait for a decision. Fingers crossed for Horden they are playing in the Wearside League next season

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:07 am 

DURHAM UNITED....also..playing out of new ferens park belmont.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:04 pm 

So looks like Redcar & Cleator both going up and deservedly so

With Jarrow Roofing folding plus potential lateral transfers could be no one coming down from Northern League leaving Wearside with 15 teams.

Horden & Durham Utd both seem certainties to come in, anyone others ??

Ive heard rumours regarding Stockton Town Res, Sunderland Hall Farm, Seaton Carew but dont know if any truth in them

Also then have the issue regarding North Riding teams getting moved, could be a long summer before we get final line up

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 pm 

wayne norris wrote:
So looks like Redcar & Cleator both going up and deservedly so

With Jarrow Roofing folding plus potential lateral transfers could be no one coming down from Northern League leaving Wearside with 15 teams.

Horden & Durham Utd both seem certainties to come in, anyone others ??

Ive heard rumours regarding Stockton Town Res, Sunderland Hall Farm, Seaton Carew but dont know if any truth in them

Also then have the issue regarding North Riding teams getting moved, could be a long summer before we get final line up

There will definitely be relegation from Northern league regardless of Lateral transfers. FA made it clear that at least 1 club must be relegated months ago

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 pm 

I don't think they will laterally transfer Penrith as they survived relegation but if anyone is looking over their shoulders in the ENL it will be Northallerton who may have to go south rather than north next season, hope not great people and a lovely little ground.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:06 pm 

Ryan1974 wrote:
Horden confirmed runners up last night in the Durham Alliance and we were under the impression that it was automatic promotion to the Wearside League for the highest placed finish of the top 5 who have the facilities to step up. Suppose we just got to wait for the FA to sort the promotions & relegations further up the ladder first and wait for a decision. Fingers crossed for Horden they are playing in the Wearside League next season

Where did you get impression? There was nothing in place for this past season as there was no connection between the leagues. For promotion in the future when the Durham Alliance league becomes part of the Wearside League then that would have to be ratified at the AGM. I don't know if the Wearside League will be in a position to commit to automatic promotion

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:23 pm 

Cestrian wrote:

Stokesley SC and Richmond Town do not need to be placed forcibly into the North Riding League as Bedale and New Marske Lakes can both be promoted from their 1st Division. There are issues the North Riding League need to resolve with their current clubs issues relating to their individual qualification to be playing at
Step 7 before expecting teams from another Step 7 League be transferred over to it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 am 

Agreed but that is sensible talk and we are talking FA here. They will see Stokesley and Richmond geographically as bang in the middle of NRL country and not think twice as they will also see a step 7 league having run with 13 clubs and maybe in need of being "beefed up" a little. Remember this re-structure is supposedly to reduce travelling times etc . Also the fact that I think the NRL is run from stokesley and they are in a different step 7 league may fool them a little !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:07 am 

a chap on another thread recons durham united will play in wearside developement league ...not wearside league.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:08 am 

local lad wrote:
a chap on another thread recons durham united will play in wearside developement league ...not wearside league.
it looks like one big shambles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next