It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:06 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 0
Location: Coxhoe
Given the investment that has gone into youth football over the past few years, in terms of training coaches to develop young players, why is the senior game not reaping the rewards? There is no shortage of players but there is a serious shortage of commitment to play the game.
Clubs can only do the best they can within the resources they have at their disposal but at the end of the day players have got to want to get involved. It feels like flogging a dead horse at times and it's getting increasingly difficult season on season for some clubs to keep going.

_________________
http://www.coxhoeathleticfc.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 pm
Posts: 0
Beechfield wrote:
Given the investment that has gone into youth football over the past few years, in terms of training coaches to develop young players, why is the senior game not reaping the rewards? There is no shortage of players but there is a serious shortage of commitment to play the game.
Clubs can only do the best they can within the resources they have at their disposal but at the end of the day players have got to want to get involved. It feels like flogging a dead horse at times and it's getting increasingly difficult season on season for some clubs to keep going.


That statement is the biggest problem in my humble opinion, nail smack on the head. There are too many other options for lads or pressure from work/family etc. We are lucky at Wolviston as we have, generally, an honest bunch who don’t let us down on a match day in terms of availability. But even still I would need more than two hands to count the amount of time we have been let down on the morning of a game or a lad hasn’t even bothered to turn up let alone text!

What’s the answer? God knows. But reward the regulars and honest lads that won’t let you down - and get rid of the prima donnas that will play for you cos they aren’t getting in their NL sides or the ones who will “help you out” in midweek. I reckon it’s infinitely better to have your squad full of good characters, lads with honesty and dependability - and 99% of the time at the expense of reputation and quality that will be away for a fiver.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 104
Location: By The Seaside
I've just calculated that in total there will be 49 points deducted in relation to Prudhoe Town's demise. I believe Gateshead Leam Rangers are another 6 points loser, the same as Cleator Moor Celtic.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 17
Coach Roach wrote:
Beechfield wrote:
Given the investment that has gone into youth football over the past few years, in terms of training coaches to develop young players, why is the senior game not reaping the rewards? There is no shortage of players but there is a serious shortage of commitment to play the game.
Clubs can only do the best they can within the resources they have at their disposal but at the end of the day players have got to want to get involved. It feels like flogging a dead horse at times and it's getting increasingly difficult season on season for some clubs to keep going.


That statement is the biggest problem in my humble opinion, nail smack on the head. There are too many other options for lads or pressure from work/family etc. We are lucky at Wolviston as we have, generally, an honest bunch who don’t let us down on a match day in terms of availability. But even still I would need more than two hands to count the amount of time we have been let down on the morning of a game or a lad hasn’t even bothered to turn up let alone text!

What’s the answer? God knows. But reward the regulars and honest lads that won’t let you down - and get rid of the prima donnas that will play for you cos they aren’t getting in their NL sides or the ones who will “help you out” in midweek. I reckon it’s infinitely better to have your squad full of good characters, lads with honesty and dependability - and 99% of the time at the expense of reputation and quality that will be away for a fiver.



Not saying its the answer but certainly would help...

# Every club, in all local leagues petition Durham to change the ludicrous fines they dish out to players and clubs.

# Make players pay their own fines, helps discipline and club finances.

# Bring youth teams into your clubs, there are many, many junior teams out there "not" associated to any club who I'm sure would jump at the chance to play in the W/L, N/L had they been part of that club for some time growing through the age groups.

# Kick out the old "its a mans game" image and the old adage that male footballers only play for a bit time away from their families to have a few bevys after the game. GET THE FAMILIES INVOLVED, things for wives, girlfriends and mainly kids to do whilst their dads are playing/coaching/committee work etc.

#Do the same for sponsors and funders or John Doe wh buys a fiver a week tickets, make them and their families feel part of your club.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:02 pm
Posts: 0
Deffinately agree with the fines, a lad on minimum wage would have to work 5 hours in order to pay £35 for being sent off, and to be fair a lot of red cards these days are ridiculous.
Regionalising leagues below the northern league to reduce travel time and costs would massively help aswell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:49 pm
Posts: 0
the little fella wrote:
Cleator Moor Celtic lose 6 points. Hebburn Town Reserves lose 3 points. Redcar Athletic with Prudhoe Town pulling out of both the home and away fixtures do not lose any points. We would have preferred they had played the games against us especially their home tie and for them to carry on, but that's football at this level. As soon as they pulled out of their home fixture there was no real way back.
the little fella wrote:
I've just calculated that in total there will be 49 points deducted in relation to Prudhoe Town's demise. I believe Gateshead Leam Rangers are another 6 points loser, the same as Cleator Moor Celtic.


You seem to be taking great pleasure in all of this TLF, making a point of deducting points from teams at the business end of the league before anything has changed on the league website.

Are you really that desperate for Redcar to be promoted...... :wink:

There is nothing at all to be gained from the demise of a once proud football club, it really is a shame as Prudhoe have great facilities and a long history, as mentioned in this post Saturday football at this level could well be a thing of the past if there is not a significant change soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 104
Location: By The Seaside
Pointing out to people teams who lose out the most points wise through the demise of Prudhoe Town makes me desperate for Redcar Athletic to be promoted? I could have sworn I said I would have preferred them to play us at home and carry on.
Oh.I did. And I meant it. What's Gateshead Leam Rangers losing 6 points got to do with me being desperate for promotion? ?

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 17
the little fella wrote:
Pointing out to people teams who lose out the most points wise through the demise of Prudhoe Town makes me desperate for Redcar Athletic to be promoted? I could have sworn I said I would have preferred them to play us at home and carry on.
Oh.I did. And I meant it. What's Gateshead Leam Rangers losing 6 points got to do with me being desperate for promotion? ?


Its just a huge coincidence that this benefits your beloved Redcar Athletic LF ehhh :wink: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 104
Location: By The Seaside
Still Learning. wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Pointing out to people teams who lose out the most points wise through the demise of Prudhoe Town makes me desperate for Redcar Athletic to be promoted? I could have sworn I said I would have preferred them to play us at home and carry on.
Oh.I did. And I meant it. What's Gateshead Leam Rangers losing 6 points got to do with me being desperate for promotion? ?


Its just a huge coincidence that this benefits your beloved Redcar Athletic LF ehhh :wink: :lol:


Now let's see. Redcar Athletic 1 defeat all season so far. Prudhoe Town bottom of the league and coming off the back of a 6-0 home defeat against Wolviston. Hmm, you can see how we were all quaking in our boots about playing Prudhoe Town on that fateful Saturday. We haven't benefitted anything there. Could have done with the possibility of increasing our goal difference. That might be important for the title if it comes down to us and Hebburn Town Reserves. Not a lot between us.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 pm
Posts: 0
the little fella wrote:
Now let's see. Redcar Athletic 1 defeat all season so far. Prudhoe Town bottom of the league and coming off the back of a 6-0 home defeat against Wolviston. Hmm, you can see how we were all quaking in our boots about playing Prudhoe Town on that fateful Saturday. We haven't benefitted anything there. Could have done with the possibility of increasing our goal difference. That might be important for the title if it comes down to us and Hebburn Town Reserves. Not a lot between us.


Now I think you’ve been around football long enough to know that nothing is a given in an one of game Little Fella! And yes I’ve been around along enough to know that the written word does not convey tone and meaning as may have been intended but it certainly game across that you were being disprespectful to not only Prudhoe but also my club Wolviston!

As Sevilla proved this week that nothing is a foregone conclusion even little ol’ Wolvo and their ilk can upset the “big boys” from time to time, as that one League loss this season will stipulate eh?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 104
Location: By The Seaside
Trying to come over as confident. No point in hiding the fact. People on here seem to think we have gained from Prudoe Town's demise so merely putting across another point in the opposite view. I don't treat you as little ol' Wolviston, as you have given us some real tough battles over the seasons. Plus who is the only team to beat us this season in the league so far? The only reason I actually mentioned Wolviston was because that was Prudhoe Town's previous result.
Err, I don't know how Sevilla got on this week nor who they played. Was it in the Spanish League or that ridiculous Thursday night UEFA whatsit competition?
Say hello to Alex Maphosa from me and the supporters at Redcar Athletic. A very popular player when he was
with us.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group