It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:06 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 pm 

Given the investment that has gone into youth football over the past few years, in terms of training coaches to develop young players, why is the senior game not reaping the rewards? There is no shortage of players but there is a serious shortage of commitment to play the game.
Clubs can only do the best they can within the resources they have at their disposal but at the end of the day players have got to want to get involved. It feels like flogging a dead horse at times and it's getting increasingly difficult season on season for some clubs to keep going.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 pm 

Beechfield wrote:
Given the investment that has gone into youth football over the past few years, in terms of training coaches to develop young players, why is the senior game not reaping the rewards? There is no shortage of players but there is a serious shortage of commitment to play the game.
Clubs can only do the best they can within the resources they have at their disposal but at the end of the day players have got to want to get involved. It feels like flogging a dead horse at times and it's getting increasingly difficult season on season for some clubs to keep going.

That statement is the biggest problem in my humble opinion, nail smack on the head. There are too many other options for lads or pressure from work/family etc. We are lucky at Wolviston as we have, generally, an honest bunch who don’t let us down on a match day in terms of availability. But even still I would need more than two hands to count the amount of time we have been let down on the morning of a game or a lad hasn’t even bothered to turn up let alone text!

What’s the answer? God knows. But reward the regulars and honest lads that won’t let you down - and get rid of the prima donnas that will play for you cos they aren’t getting in their NL sides or the ones who will “help you out” in midweek. I reckon it’s infinitely better to have your squad full of good characters, lads with honesty and dependability - and 99% of the time at the expense of reputation and quality that will be away for a fiver.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:51 pm 

I've just calculated that in total there will be 49 points deducted in relation to Prudhoe Town's demise. I believe Gateshead Leam Rangers are another 6 points loser, the same as Cleator Moor Celtic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 pm 

Coach Roach wrote:
Beechfield wrote:

That statement is the biggest problem in my humble opinion, nail smack on the head. There are too many other options for lads or pressure from work/family etc. We are lucky at Wolviston as we have, generally, an honest bunch who don’t let us down on a match day in terms of availability. But even still I would need more than two hands to count the amount of time we have been let down on the morning of a game or a lad hasn’t even bothered to turn up let alone text!

What’s the answer? God knows. But reward the regulars and honest lads that won’t let you down - and get rid of the prima donnas that will play for you cos they aren’t getting in their NL sides or the ones who will “help you out” in midweek. I reckon it’s infinitely better to have your squad full of good characters, lads with honesty and dependability - and 99% of the time at the expense of reputation and quality that will be away for a fiver.

Not saying its the answer but certainly would help...

# Every club, in all local leagues petition Durham to change the ludicrous fines they dish out to players and clubs.

# Make players pay their own fines, helps discipline and club finances.

# Bring youth teams into your clubs, there are many, many junior teams out there "not" associated to any club who I'm sure would jump at the chance to play in the W/L, N/L had they been part of that club for some time growing through the age groups.

# Kick out the old "its a mans game" image and the old adage that male footballers only play for a bit time away from their families to have a few bevys after the game. GET THE FAMILIES INVOLVED, things for wives, girlfriends and mainly kids to do whilst their dads are playing/coaching/committee work etc.

#Do the same for sponsors and funders or John Doe wh buys a fiver a week tickets, make them and their families feel part of your club.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 pm 

Deffinately agree with the fines, a lad on minimum wage would have to work 5 hours in order to pay £35 for being sent off, and to be fair a lot of red cards these days are ridiculous.
Regionalising leagues below the northern league to reduce travel time and costs would massively help aswell.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 am 

the little fella wrote:
Cleator Moor Celtic lose 6 points. Hebburn Town Reserves lose 3 points. Redcar Athletic with Prudhoe Town pulling out of both the home and away fixtures do not lose any points. We would have preferred they had played the games against us especially their home tie and for them to carry on, but that's football at this level. As soon as they pulled out of their home fixture there was no real way back.
the little fella wrote:
I've just calculated that in total there will be 49 points deducted in relation to Prudhoe Town's demise. I believe Gateshead Leam Rangers are another 6 points loser, the same as Cleator Moor Celtic.

You seem to be taking great pleasure in all of this TLF, making a point of deducting points from teams at the business end of the league before anything has changed on the league website.

Are you really that desperate for Redcar to be promoted...... :wink:

There is nothing at all to be gained from the demise of a once proud football club, it really is a shame as Prudhoe have great facilities and a long history, as mentioned in this post Saturday football at this level could well be a thing of the past if there is not a significant change soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:35 pm 

Pointing out to people teams who lose out the most points wise through the demise of Prudhoe Town makes me desperate for Redcar Athletic to be promoted? I could have sworn I said I would have preferred them to play us at home and carry on.
Oh.I did. And I meant it. What's Gateshead Leam Rangers losing 6 points got to do with me being desperate for promotion? ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:52 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Pointing out to people teams who lose out the most points wise through the demise of Prudhoe Town makes me desperate for Redcar Athletic to be promoted? I could have sworn I said I would have preferred them to play us at home and carry on.
Oh.I did. And I meant it. What's Gateshead Leam Rangers losing 6 points got to do with me being desperate for promotion? ?

Its just a huge coincidence that this benefits your beloved Redcar Athletic LF ehhh :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
the little fella wrote:

Its just a huge coincidence that this benefits your beloved Redcar Athletic LF ehhh :wink: :lol:

Now let's see. Redcar Athletic 1 defeat all season so far. Prudhoe Town bottom of the league and coming off the back of a 6-0 home defeat against Wolviston. Hmm, you can see how we were all quaking in our boots about playing Prudhoe Town on that fateful Saturday. We haven't benefitted anything there. Could have done with the possibility of increasing our goal difference. That might be important for the title if it comes down to us and Hebburn Town Reserves. Not a lot between us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:02 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Now let's see. Redcar Athletic 1 defeat all season so far. Prudhoe Town bottom of the league and coming off the back of a 6-0 home defeat against Wolviston. Hmm, you can see how we were all quaking in our boots about playing Prudhoe Town on that fateful Saturday. We haven't benefitted anything there. Could have done with the possibility of increasing our goal difference. That might be important for the title if it comes down to us and Hebburn Town Reserves. Not a lot between us.

Now I think you’ve been around football long enough to know that nothing is a given in an one of game Little Fella! And yes I’ve been around along enough to know that the written word does not convey tone and meaning as may have been intended but it certainly game across that you were being disprespectful to not only Prudhoe but also my club Wolviston!

As Sevilla proved this week that nothing is a foregone conclusion even little ol’ Wolvo and their ilk can upset the “big boys” from time to time, as that one League loss this season will stipulate eh?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:47 pm 

Trying to come over as confident. No point in hiding the fact. People on here seem to think we have gained from Prudoe Town's demise so merely putting across another point in the opposite view. I don't treat you as little ol' Wolviston, as you have given us some real tough battles over the seasons. Plus who is the only team to beat us this season in the league so far? The only reason I actually mentioned Wolviston was because that was Prudhoe Town's previous result.
Err, I don't know how Sevilla got on this week nor who they played. Was it in the Spanish League or that ridiculous Thursday night UEFA whatsit competition?
Say hello to Alex Maphosa from me and the supporters at Redcar Athletic. A very popular player when he was
with us.