It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:15 pm 

the little fella wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Prudhoe Town's next 2 games against Boldon CA on Wednesday and Coxhoe Athletic on Saturday have been deleted from the fixtures list on the official Wearside League site.

What i find hard to understand about Prudhoe's plight is how with 83 registered players they cant field a team. Its a real shame if theye fold, another sign of the times

Over 50 of their players have played 2 games or less for them. Every team including the one I support, has a number of players in the squad who currently have between 0-2 games played so far this season, but not as high as a percentage basis as to that of Prudhoe Town. You find at this level if players aren't playing regularly in the team they easily get cheesed off and stop turning up, never to be seen again. Then there are other players who leave when a Manager leaves, which I believe happened first time around with Prudhoe Town. I believe it may have happened to Coxhoe Athletic as well this season. I don't know of any team that deregisters players once signed, so having 83 registered means nothing really as to how many were truly actually available on the Saturday they were due to play my club.

This is easily resolved. Allow players to sign for only one club with the transfer window applying. This means that for at least half the season the player has a choice, play for the club he signed for or play for nobody.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 am 

And what if a new manager takes over and brings his own players in? You'd have a full squad of players unable to play until a transfer window opens. Its hard enough to get lads to turn up and play already, we dont need daft rules making up putting more barriers in the way of participation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:17 pm 

[quote="razzler"]And what if a new manager takes over and brings his own players in? You'd have a full squad of players unable to play until a transfer window opens. Its hard enough to get lads to turn up and play already, we dont need daft rules making up putting more barriers in the way of participation.[/quot

If it's such a daft rule why do so many leagues use it? Why do FIFA recommend it?

But hey, the current system works so well which is why season after season we have at least one club who fall along the way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:21 pm 

razzler wrote:
And what if a new manager takes over and brings his own players in? You'd have a full squad of players unable to play until a transfer window opens. Its hard enough to get lads to turn up and play already, we dont need daft rules making up putting more barriers in the way of participation.

How could a manager bring his own players if there was a transfer window? Think it through.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 am 

hammertime wrote:
razzler wrote:

How could a manager bring his own players if there was a transfer window? Think it through.

You are missing the point, plenty of lads these days will happily choose not to bother playing, thats part of the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 pm 

andy_pool wrote:
hammertime wrote:
razzler wrote:

You are missing the point, plenty of lads these days will happily choose not to bother playing, thats part of the problem.

Bang on the money andy_pool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:48 pm 

I suppose what i was meaning is that surly there are 15-20 lads registered that could crack on till the end of the season to help the club regroup and maybe go again next year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:03 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
I suppose what i was meaning is that surly there are 15-20 lads registered that could crack on till the end of the season to help the club regroup and maybe go again next year.

Don't call me surly. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:55 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:

You would certainly hope so Colin, but it looks like they're struggling to get even that small pool.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 pm 

Rumours going round theyve folded tonight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:35 am 

the little fella wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

Don't call me surly. :lol:

OK Shirley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:22 am 

Confirmation from the league that Prudhoe Town have in fact resigned from the league with immediate effect and as they have not completed 75% of fixtures all results expunged from the league.

This creates a slight change in the league standings.

It's a crying shame to see another club fall by the way side on Saturday afternoons.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 pm 

Juniorhornet wrote:
Confirmation from the league that Prudhoe Town have in fact resigned from the league with immediate effect and as they have not completed 75% of fixtures all results expunged from the league.

This creates a slight change in the league standings.

It's a crying shame to see another club fall by the way side on Saturday afternoons.....

Totally agree clubs/teams are dropping at an alarming rate and cant see anything changing until a plan of action is put in place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:14 pm 

Cleator Moor Celtic lose 6 points. Hebburn Town Reserves lose 3 points. Redcar Athletic with Prudhoe Town pulling out of both the home and away fixtures do not lose any points. We would have preferred they had played the games against us especially their home tie and for them to carry on, but that's football at this level. As soon as they pulled out of their home fixture there was no real way back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:33 pm 

Happening season after season. Can't see it letting up either. Leagues folding clubs wrapping up. Sorry state but what is the magic formula. Sad to see.