It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:13 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:46 am 

Prudhoe Town v Redcar Athletic postponed. Prudhoe Town unable to raise a team. This has happened twice now by Prudhoe Town against us this season and I don't think they'll be allowed a 3rd chance. They have already submitted their resignation for the end of the season but I think it's all over for them as of today by not fulfilling their fixture.

Post subject: Re: Game Off and GAME OVER??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:53 pm 

Hope not, but the club seems to be facing an almost insurmountable task. They had a full bench against us last week so surprised to hear they couldn’t raise a team. The league has shown them every leniency to date and there are obviously huge issues. Fingers crossed they can sort them out because it’s never nice to see a club struggling.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:24 pm 

Hopefully not, the club has been around for a long time and it’ll be a great shame to see another club/team go by the wayside.

Any idea why they couldn’t field a team, injuries, pre-planned event etc or just not enough interest within the immediate Prudhoe area to play for the team?

Hopefully they can pull together like Windscale lads did earlier in the season and stay together and fingers crossed re-group pre season for next year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:48 pm 

The team went when the Treasurer, Secretary and Management team left 1st time around.The Chairman with a newly appointed Manager and his Assistant attended the League Management Committee and informed them of the situation. Prudhoe Town were given a couple of weeks to get their house in order by the League Management Committee before being expected to recommence playing, on the promise from their Chairman they would complete their fixtures right through to the end of the season. When they put in their resignation to the Wearside League this week they stated that they were struggling to field teams and that their Management Team had informed them that they leaving their posts within the next couple of weeks. I have since heard it 2nd or 3rd hand, so do not know how true it is, but seemingly the Chairman has resigned from his position at the club. If true then I don't know who is charge of running the club there. With Prudhoe Town's next 3 fixtures all away from home and a £150 fine for yesterday's no-show hanging over their heads the future looks anything but rosy. There is no time available to give them any breathing space to sort things out as teams will not want to get behind with their fixtures especially with "The Beast From The East" due to visit us as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:09 pm 

Who is/was the manager/s at Prudhoe?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:53 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:

I think, but not 100% certain it was Malcolm Clarke and Martin Toole that were/are the Management team.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:55 pm 

Best of luck to prudhoe. Hope it turns out well. Sign of the times unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:19 pm 

''Still Learning. wrote:

I think, but not 100% certain it was Malcolm Clarke and Martin Toole that were/are the Management team.''

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:23 am 

Malcolm and Martin were still in charge against us and seemed hopeful for the future but aware of the challenges. Fingers crossed for the Club.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:17 am 

Coach Roach wrote:
Malcolm and Martin were still in charge against us and seemed hopeful for the future but aware of the challenges. Fingers crossed for the Club.

So what happened within 5 days that news came through at the League Management Committee that they were leaving the club and Prudhoe Town had tendered their resignation from the Wearside League? Then 2 days after that they could not raise a team to play a game at home and that the Chairman may have left the club as well? Was it false hope? And too big of a challenge? I fear that you, Coach Roach may be wasting time and effort by crossing your fingers. Sorry to be that brutally honest but I fear they may have passed the point of no return.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:34 pm 

If prudhoe are to leave, along with whoever get promoted, the league will be desperate for teams next season, especially if any of the cumbrian teams get laterally transfered to the new league over starting over there. Potentially 6 spaces to fill to go back up to 20 teams

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:17 pm 

razzler wrote:
If prudhoe are to leave, along with whoever get promoted, the league will be desperate for teams next season, especially if any of the cumbrian teams get laterallying transfered to the new league over starting over there. Potentially 6 spaces to fill to go back up to 20 teams

The FA are reducing Step 7 Leagues such as the Wearside League down to 16 teams from next season. One team at least will be relegated from the Northern League and Windscale are unlikely to be transferred out, so there will be at least 16 sides. The Wearside League have requested that the FA give them permission to continue to run with 20 teams, but whether that request will be granted is not a definite yet. I'm hopeful that there will actually be 18 teams in the Wearside League next season but of course also hoping one of them won't be Redcar Athletic. If you know what I mean (Harry).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:00 pm 

Prudhoe Town's next 2 games against Boldon CA on Wednesday and Coxhoe Athletic on Saturday have been deleted from the fixtures list on the official Wearside League site.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:53 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Prudhoe Town's next 2 games against Boldon CA on Wednesday and Coxhoe Athletic on Saturday have been deleted from the fixtures list on the official Wearside League site.

What i find hard to understand about Prudhoe's plight is how with 83 registered players they cant field a team. Its a real shame if they do fold, another sign of the times

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:45 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
the little fella wrote:

What i find hard to understand about Prudhoe's plight is how with 83 registered players they cant field a team. Its a real shame if theye fold, another sign of the times

Over 50 of their players have played 2 games or less for them. Every team including the one I support, has a number of players in the squad who currently have between 0-2 games played so far this season, but not as high as a percentage basis as to that of Prudhoe Town. You find at this level if players aren't playing regularly in the team they easily get cheesed off and stop turning up, never to be seen again. Then there are other players who leave when a Manager leaves, which I believe happened first time around with Prudhoe Town. I believe it may have happened to Coxhoe Athletic as well this season. I don't know of any team that deregisters players once signed, so having 83 registered means nothing really as to how many were truly actually available on the Saturday they were due to play my club.