It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:28 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:55 pm
Posts: 23
Had the chance to take in the westend Vs Hebburn game today. In all fairness it was a game that showed me the wearside league is as strong as it's ever been ( draw would have been fair). However the point I'm trying to make is that the team hebburn reserves have could maybe as good or better than some of the first team players!!! Why aren't any of them moving up??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:49 pm
Posts: 133
smify wrote:
Had the chance to take in the westend Vs Hebburn game today. In all fairness it was a game that showed me the wearside league is as strong as it's ever been ( draw would have been fair). However the point I'm trying to make is that the team hebburn reserves have could maybe as good or better than some of the first team players!!! Why aren't any of them moving up??


Yesterday’s game was a good advert for the Wearside League with two good sides who’ll be in the top 6 come the end result of the season. I think many would agree the top 6-7 teams in the Wearside League could compete in the NL second division quite easily and if not better, you just have to look at Stockton’s success over the past couple seasons.

Regarding Hebburn Res players playing in the first team as a club we’ve had some opportunities to do this throughout the season and have done so with the obvious success being Jack donaghy a reserve player now a first team regular, but the objective this season is and always was to support the reserves as a new team under the club umbrella after taking the full team on after the situation Kev and his staff found themselves in July 2017. Next season the objectives will be different across the club and as a result a more structured approach to player development between first team, reserves and U18’s.

The good news is the reserves have a great bunch of lads with a nucleus who have played together for a number of years since junior level and they have a excellent team ethic led by Kev Bolam, the succcess they have achieved this season is phenomenal, nothing won but sitting top of the league, a cup final and still a couple of cups still to play for is superb for a young team (squad average age is 21). The future for these lads and Hebburn Town Football club is very bright indeed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 311
I said at the start of the season after watching them these kids could win the league and got laughed at on here :lol:

Long way to go but whatever happens I think they will be way above their objectives.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 340
I must say still learning I sniggered at you when you said Hebburn reserves would be up there. Watched them a couple of times. Very well organised both on and off the pitch. Good young hungry set of lads. Good luck to them and hats off to Kev for all his hard work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 311
Heshootshescores wrote:
I must say still learning I sniggered at you when you said Hebburn reserves would be up there. Watched them a couple of times. Very well organised both on and off the pitch. Good young hungry set of lads. Good luck to them and hats off to Kev for all his hard work.


Totally m8, Kev Bolam at the helm is a good lad aswell knows his stuff..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 311
The big disappointment for me this season are Darlo reserves, they made some good noises, but I think they tried to change too, much, too quickly when they lambasted Horden...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 673
Kev is a top bloke who I have got on with a long time now. He deserves every success he gets at HTFC after the way he was treat by them down the road.

His young squad are flying and deserve to be top at minute. I hope it continues and the relationship with the first team grows stronger.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 340
footyfan1 wrote:
Kev is a top bloke who I have got on with a long time now. He deserves every success he gets at HTFC after the way he was treat by them down the road.

His young squad are flying and deserve to be top at minute. I hope it continues and the relationship with the first team grows stronger.

Good point footyfan1. Absolute disgrace as to how he was treated by them muppets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 311
Heard a little rumour from a good source Kev could be first team manager next season....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:49 pm
Posts: 133
Still Learning. wrote:
Heard a little rumour from a good source Kev could be first team manager next season....


I squash that rumour straight away before it gets out of hand or silly. Kev is a great coach/manager and doing really well with the reserves and is keen to progress when the time is right. We have a good first team manager and there is no plans to change anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 311
Juniorhornet wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
Heard a little rumour from a good source Kev could be first team manager next season....


I squash that rumour straight away before it gets out of hand or silly. Kev is a great coach/manager and doing really well with the reserves and is keen to progress when the time is right. We have a good first team manager and there is no plans to change anything.



Time will tell.. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:49 pm
Posts: 133
Time will tell.. :wink:[/quote]

RUMOURS = Trying to disrupt the momentum within a team/club that is working well. Love to know who your "Good Source" is, there's 5 members of the board of which i'm one and this is way of the mark :roll: :roll:

FACTS - Kevin is doing a great job with the reserves and is happy doing what he's doing. Scott is doing a great job with the first team and is happy doing what he's doing, overall the club is on a good momentum and both managers have full backing of the board.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hebburn Reserves
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 311
Juniorhornet wrote:
Time will tell.. :wink:


RUMOURS = Trying to disrupt the momentum within a team/club that is working well. Love to know who your "Good Source" is, there's 5 members of the board of which i'm one and this is way of the mark :roll: :roll:

FACTS - Kevin is doing a great job with the reserves and is happy doing what he's doing. Scott is doing a great job with the first team and is happy doing what he's doing, overall the club is on a good momentum and both managers have full backing of the board.[/quote]

WOW..... Youre so wrong, you really shouldn't make assumptions, (read my previous posts) I admire the way Hebburn have bounced back and PS, you truly "wouldn't" want to know who the good source is.

You will find m8, football is a very fickle game at this level but I wish you and your club the very best, and if/when it happens "you" to come back on here and give us your views..

On a footnote... Youre not in the premier league :roll: people dont purposely disrupt clubs infrastructure, and from a personal view if I were a player, coach, manager or fellow official at your club I would be embarrassed at the fact a "board" member should come on a public forum to suggest something as ludicrous.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group