It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Do you think Wolviston will be able to hold on to top 6?
No Chance 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Yes 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Maybe if they keep those players 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Wolviston
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:08 am 

Popped over to watch Hebburn V Wolviston today, I had been to watch Wolviston a couple of times this season and was glad to see this game was on.
And you can catch glimpse of why they are doing so well this year, though I had popped to see their young right winger Phil who was missing today and I think he would have been the difference today between wolvo picking up the three points rather than getting beat, they just lacked that little bit in front of goal, created some quality half chances.

The player that has stood out for me was today was Junior, i have seen him play a few times and the pace he has is electrifying, was very unlucky to not score a 2nd goal some great runs and i was surprised to see he has been at Wolviston for a couple of years now.

Good squad Wolviston have there, be hard for them to keep some of those players the likes of Captain Mark, who was also missing today, Dee Dee in Goal who pulled out a couple of worldie saves, Phil, Junior as they are easily worthy to challenge into a lot of northern league squads

++++Views are my own not one else+++++

Post subject: Re: Wolviston
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:24 pm 

We’ve worked very hard to put our squad together and there’s a great team spirit in that squad. We’ve had a lot of approaches both through the right channels and through less official means too but all the lads are committed to the club and helping us build a better club on and off the pitch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:58 pm 

Your the manager and should know better than anyone, what do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:42 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:

The aim at the start of the season for us was top ten, after the last few seasons that would be real progress. We’ve probably made more progress than expected so yes personally I am looking at top six, with the group we’ve got and the character in the squad combined with where we are currently placed in the table that’s got to be our target.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:32 am 

Quality season so far and rooting for you, you're playing South Shields Res this Saturday, I will pop over to watch this game and say hello.

Coach Roach wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:

The aim at the start of the season for us was top ten, after the last few seasons that would be real progress. We’ve probably made more progress than expected so yes personally I am looking at top six, with the group we’ve got and the character in the squad combined with where we are currently placed in the table that’s got to be our target.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:12 pm 

LucienHowes wrote:
Quality season so far and rooting for you, you're playing South Shields Res this Saturday, I will pop over to watch this game and say hello.

Coach Roach wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:

Look forward to it, I’ll buy you a drink.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:43 pm 

Wolviston were a very good team and were unlucky against Hebburn Res not to get at least a point from the game. Lots of young creative players and for me will trouble most teams in the league across the remainder of the season. They made it a very tough game for the hornets and they competed to the end.

Good set of lads and club. Good luck for remainder of the season.