It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: LEAGUES MERGER
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:22 pm 

Lostintheflood wrote:
This is excellent news, DFA need to be applauded for this, the teams below the W-L will be
Relishing the opportunity to take on the teams above them in the pyramid system, when they are promoted.

Considering the fact that the league below will be strengthened, by the relegation of the minnows in the W-L.

Not unlike the P-L and league one.

Exciting times ahead, well done all concerned.

My understanding is that there wont be any compulsory relegation from the Wearside league into the new development division but there will be promotion for those teams that want it.

Whilst there are spaces in the Wearside league at the moment I am not sure how this would work when the league has a full quota

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:21 pm 

From the League Website.

Following negotiations between the Durham County FA, the TWR Wearside League and Durham Alliance League both Leagues held Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) last week to discuss a merger. This merger would result in the Durham Alliance League becoming a Development Division within the TWR Wearside League set up, which would allow a natural route for promotion into the FA National League System, this will take place for the 2018/19 season.

The aim of the Development division will be to allow team to develop at their own pace to bring their ground and team at the up to the standard of the National League before gaining entry to the Wearside League.

The Development Division is looking to here from interested teams who would be looking to join the exciting new project. For more information contact Mr Kevin Harrison on Email: kev449@ntlworld.com Mobile: 07402 766833 or Kieran Downey on email: kierandowney78@yahoo.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:50 am 

wearsideforever wrote:
From the League Website.

Following negotiations between the Durham County FA, the TWR Wearside League and Durham Alliance League both Leagues held Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) last week to discuss a merger. This merger would result in the Durham Alliance League becoming a Development Division within the TWR Wearside League set up, which would allow a natural route for promotion into the FA National League System, this will take place for the 2018/19 season.

The aim of the Development division will be to allow team to develop at their own pace to bring their ground and team at the up to the standard of the National League before gaining entry to the Wearside League.

The Development Division is looking to here from interested teams who would be looking to join the exciting new project. For more information contact Mr Kevin Harrison on Email: kev449@ntlworld.com Mobile: 07402 766833 or Kieran Downey on email: kierandowney78@yahoo.co.uk

If this is the way it is to be done then that is fantastic news. A lot of players will start playing again if they have a chance of going up a level. Hats off to Kieran, Peter and DFA for this if it comes off

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:05 am 

wayne norris wrote:
Lostintheflood wrote:
This is excellent news, DFA need to be applauded for this, the teams below the W-L will be
Relishing the opportunity to take on the teams above them in the pyramid system, when they are promoted.

Considering the fact that the league below will be strengthened, by the relegation of the minnows in the W-L.

My understanding is that there wont be any compulsory relegation from the Wearside league into the new development division but there will be promotion for those teams that want it.

Whilst there are spaces in the Wearside league at the moment I am not sure how this would work when the league has a full quota

The FA are reducing ‘all’ step 7 leagues to a maximum of 16 clubs & a minimum of 14. Depending on how many clubs are relegated from EBAC NL2 into the WL. There will most likely be at least one team laterally moved to another step 7 league(most likely the NRL).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
wayne norris wrote:
Lostintheflood wrote:

The FA are reducing ‘all’ step 7 leagues to a maximum of 16 clubs & a minimum of 14. Depending on how many clubs are relegated from EBAC NL2 into the WL. There will most likely be at least one team laterally moved to another step 7 league(most likely the NRL).

I believe introducing a cap on the number teams would be a mistake by the Fa and reducing the Wearside league down to 16 would be the beginning of the end. Once players get free weekends or no midweek games they find something else to fill in their time.

Going on what has been discussed in the past I understand the Wearside League has already brought this issue up with the Fa and will be allowed to run with a higher number than other step 7 leagues. They have already stated they are looking for teams to take them upto 20 for next season.

With regards to the development division how can promotion be guaranteed if the league above is already full?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:56 pm 

By simply relegating the bottom 1/2 clubs. No team with any ambition will want anything to do with it if progression isn't there.. Many thanks lads and well done on winning your league by 20 points but sorry you will have to stay where you are because we wont be relegating the team that finished 10 points adrift at the bottom. Never mind tho you will probably win it again if your players dont leave en mass.. What a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:09 am 

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I believe introducing a cap on the number teams would be a mistake by the Fa and reducing the Wearside league down to 16 would be the beginning of the end. Once players get free weekends or no midweek games they find something else to fill in their time.

Going on what has been discussed in the past I understand the Wearside League has already brought this issue up with the Fa and will be allowed to run with a higher number than other step 7 leagues. They have already stated they are looking for teams to take them upto 20 for next season.

With regards to the development division how can promotion be guaranteed if the league above is already full?

The Wearside league is delusional & the FA are going to enforce this restructuring. There will be no leagues given preferential treatment. The NLS review has already mapped out step 7 & all the anomalies will be sorted. The League Committee are going to take more control of team placements at step 7. I know a step 7 Cumbrian league is one FALC ambition & struggling step 7 leagues will get help. The days of certain step 7 leagues dominating areas to the detriment of other leagues is coming to an end. Reducing league sizes & travelling is paramount. Teams travelling passed each other to play in separate leagues won’t be a part of the future. So a cap might not benefit the Wearside league, but it will benefit the North Riding league!