It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Stokesley SC 4 v 5 Redcar Athletic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:11 am 

Well with a 2-1 win for us in my prediction I was expecting a tight game compared to other predictors who felt we would slaughter Stokesley. Mind you to call the 1st half tight would be wrong as both defences were looser than a prostitute knickers. Exciting to watch as a fan but not for either manager. Both teams lead twice in the 1st half with Stokesley going 1-0 up and then 2-1 up but by half time Redcar Athletic went in 4-3 ahead.Redcar Athletic extended the lead before the hour mark and that seemed to be it. But with 11 minutes a shocking back pass allowed Stokesley back into the game and right up to the final whistle we were playing on our nerves. This game reminded me of our home league game against Richmond Town last season but the difference being is that we lost that by 1 goal so I'm not in any shape or for more upset by our performance last night. 3 points is what mattered and we got them plus all out 90 minutes of action. Stokesley and the incessant rain making the pitch extremely greasy played big parts in helping make a 9 goal thriller. Our scorers were Michael Woodhouse, Adam Preston 2 and Jack Simpson 2. Stokesley goal scorers were Abdul Wahab and Danny Joseph 3, although the 2nd of his 3 looked to some to be an own goal, we're happy enough to accept his claim for it plus I had him down as the scorer anyway. Whilst writing this my brother who I live with has just come into the room and started laughing about the game last night
Best way to look at last night's performance. Laugh it off.

Post subject: Re: Stokesley SC 4 v 5 Redcar Athletic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:03 am 

Slight correction it was Stokesley 2nd and the 1st of Danny Joseph's goals which was the one he claimed which some felt was an own goal/deflection.