It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 408
As things stand, how many clubs are genuine promotion rivals(either have the correct grading or have plans to do so)?[/quote]
That's the point, I simply don't know. Look at the rabbit Richmond Town pulled out of the hat last season with a plan to move to Norton & Stockton Ancients ground. We simply cannot really discount any team until they are out of the race points wise in the league. Jarrow FC showed what could be done in less than a year and on the quiet.[/quote]
Forget about promotion rivals, which clubs would currently pass the ground grading & which clubs wouldn't need to do a great deal to pass?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: By The Seaside
Obviously Stokesley SC and ourselves, who passed the inspection on 31st March, do. Boldon CA who failed the inspection obviously have some work to do. I know it was fencing around the pitch and proper signage they failed on but do not know if it was anything more than that. The local council are looking to improve facilities at Sunderland West End's ground which includes I believe a 4g pitch. Coxhoe Athletic's ground is a little cracker which wouldn't take much at all to meet the criteria. But I bet if they would put in planning permission for floodlights, the people in the brand new houses alongside the ground would object. I think however they may be just happy to be in the Wearside League. I won't rule out Silksworth CW maybe moving from their current ground if they are ambitious. Cleator Moor Celtic and Windscale FC both have floodlights in place but have different issues with meeting the criteria as a whole. If they can resolve those issues by 31st March then they are players. You already know I believe Darlington will want their Reserves to be playing in as a high a League as possible. The same can be said for South Shields Reserves who could play at Mariners Park next season if needed. I could go on as a number of other teams could make their grounds suitable with funding via grants or a generous sponsor. So as I've said we are not ruling anyone out.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 408
the little fella wrote:
Obviously Stokesley SC and ourselves, who passed the inspection on 31st March, do. Boldon CA who failed the inspection obviously have some work to do. I know it was fencing around the pitch and proper signage they failed on but do not know if it was anything more than that. The local council are looking to improve facilities at Sunderland West End's ground which includes I believe a 4g pitch. Coxhoe Athletic's ground is a little cracker which wouldn't take much at all to meet the criteria. But I bet if they would put in planning permission for floodlights, the people in the brand new houses alongside the ground would object. I think however they may be just happy to be in the Wearside League. I won't rule out Silksworth CW maybe moving from their current ground if they are ambitious. Cleator Moor Celtic and Windscale FC both have floodlights in place but have different issues with meeting the criteria as a whole. If they can resolve those issues by 31st March then they are players. You already know I believe Darlington will want their Reserves to be playing in as a high a League as possible. The same can be said for South Shields Reserves who could play at Mariners Park next season if needed. I could go on as a number of other teams could make their grounds suitable with funding via grants or a generous sponsor. So as I've said we are not ruling anyone out.

I understand that Cleator Moor Celtic have ambitions to be promoted. So what requirements do they need to get there ground up to shape?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: By The Seaside
On paper I believe simple things but because their ground is so compact and narrow that's where the problem could lie with width issues on hardstanding. Perhaps even the size of the pitch itself may be a factor. The clubhouse they have is fantastic. I can only surmise in general about the issues as I'm not obviously involved with Cleator Moor Celtic, so really it's them you really need to put the question to.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:43 pm
Posts: 14
I think the problem with Celtic's pitch is that it is not quite parallel ie not a perfect rectangle. They are in the process of rectifying it (but have been for months so don't know when it will be completed). I don't know if there are any other requirements that need to be addressed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 408
mdk1958 wrote:
I think the problem with Celtic's pitch is that it is not quite parallel ie not a perfect rectangle. They are in the process of rectifying it (but have been for months so don't know when it will be completed). I don't know if there are any other requirements that need to be addressed.

If Redcar wins the league & Cleator Moor Celtic are runners up, I think that the FA will promote both clubs(Cleator Moor heading into the new NWCL1 North). If Cleator wins the league, then the FA will only promote them. This is because the FA will be looking to fill the NWCL1 North & South. The FA will be looking at reducing the amount of clubs in the EBAC Northern League.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:46 pm
Posts: 70
Still Learning. wrote:


razzler wrote:

Have none of the other teams in the league signed Players? I still don't think you will win the league, looking at pre season results it's going to be very tight at the top. Nice to see your players taking money from the kids teams aswell little fella in "sponsorship", very noble!!!



Yip, West end have spent a fortune on their signings haven't they :wink: :D

Westend haven't getting a team like that not spending money just saying


westend haven't spent a penny on any of their players


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 154
HYLTON DOGGA wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:


razzler wrote:

Have none of the other teams in the league signed Players? I still don't think you will win the league, looking at pre season results it's going to be very tight at the top. Nice to see your players taking money from the kids teams aswell little fella in "sponsorship", very noble!!!



Yip, West end have spent a fortune on their signings haven't they :wink: :D

Westend haven't getting a team like that not spending money just saying

Mmmm............. Dryser, Mossy, Butler, Brian Norton, Catchey, Jamie Fryatt, Kev Gordon, Baz Turton and the likes are gunna play for nowt :-)

I'm not having a go mate, in my opinion any club who can sustain a manageable budget at this level should be praised not slated...


westend haven't spent a penny on any of their players


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:46 pm
Posts: 70
I take it you don't know these players very well, not one or any of their players have received any money


Last edited by HYLTON DOGGA on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 154
HYLTON DOGGA wrote:
I take it you don't these players very well, not one or any of their players have received any money


:lol: I probably know most of them and the management better than you , have played with, drank with, managed and coached, a good few of them, but whatever m8 like I say good on them..
I hope they win something they a decent bunch..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:23 am
Posts: 65
Still Learning. wrote:
HYLTON DOGGA wrote:
I take it you don't these players very well, not one or any of their players have received any money


:lol: I probably know most of them and the management better than you , have played with, drank with, managed and coached, a good few of them, but whatever m8 like I say good on them..
I hope they win something they a decent bunch..


Jamie Fryatt is not good enough to be getting paid so your theory is fertilizer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 154
razzler wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
HYLTON DOGGA wrote:
I take it you don't these players very well, not one or any of their players have received any money


:lol: I probably know most of them and the management better than you , have played with, drank with, managed and coached, a good few of them, but whatever m8 like I say good on them..
I hope they win something they a decent bunch..


Jamie Fryatt is not good enough to be getting paid so your theory is fertilizer


Its took a while for you to pick one man out of that list :-)
Ok then lets replace him with Robbo. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:23 am
Posts: 65
Tell you wat the little fella hasn't got a clue wen
It comes to predictions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: By The Seaside
razzler wrote:
Tell you wat the little fella hasn't got a clue wen
It comes to predictions.

"The End Of The World Is Nigh!" :( :lol:

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Early Seasons Predictions ?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:23 am
Posts: 65
Still Learning. wrote:
HYLTON DOGGA wrote:
I take it you don't these players very well, not one or any of their players have received any money


:lol: I probably know most of them and the management better than you , have played with, drank with, managed and coached, a good few of them, but whatever m8 like I say good on them..
I hope they win something they a decent bunch..



Completely agree, they deserve a decent season to be honest. It seems like a lot of hard work has went in to rebuilding from the damage that Andy Colledge caused. Like Souness at Liverpool :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group